Corsair H60 $50

I hope this is still for sale and they are available Friday. If so, it's on..lol

not too bad of a deal - so it'd be 55 after tax about.

Good deal but as tempting as it is I'd rather put 50 dollars towards a nice SSD. I already have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooling my 2500k @ 4.5. Pretty much the same setup as a H60 exhausting the air out of the back (maybe with not as much efficiency though)

Good deal but as tempting as it is I'd rather put 50 dollars towards a nice SSD. I already have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 cooling my 2500k @ 4.5. Pretty much the same setup as a H60 exhausting the air out of the back (maybe with not as much efficiency though)
If you care about your system being quiet at idle, you might have a tough time using the H60.

The radiator on the H60 is very dense, and requires a good amount of pressure to work well. Turn down the fan speed to hush it up, and performance tanks badly. You might very well find that you can't get the same idle temps as you had before without running the H60 louder than your old air cooler.

Load temps will be spectacular, though :p

I have the same setup but am running at 4.7GHz. I pretty much decided that the only noteworthy improvement would be an H100, but my system is quiet and temps are more than satisfactory, so I really can't justify changing things at all. If the H100 were $50, then I might consider the upgrade.

What I like about these is that instead of blowing hot air into your case, it pushes it out the back. Getting a fan with high static pressure should help the noise problem; the fans corsair ships with these arent great.

What I like about these is that instead of blowing hot air into your case, it pushes it out the back. Getting a fan with high static pressure should help the noise problem; the fans corsair ships with these arent great.

That 100% depends on which way you mount the fan. I blow into the case.

All the local BB have this in stock ;) though I can't put this in my G75. Good price.

Picked one of these up and returned it today because of the freaking rattle on the heatsink. It was awful.

Do you need to take out the motherboard to install this heatsink?

Lol, I have couple stripped screws on my motherboard to the case. So i'm pretty much stuck with this case and motherboard until I get those replaced.

Hmm nevermind I guess there is a backplate...that sucks

Just installed on my 775 CPU, didn't notice any rattle even with fan 100%. You must of gotten a lemon!
A rattling pump is a fairly commonly reported problem with these integrated water cooling kits. Just have to keep returning them till you get a good one.

Thanks, I finally used a $10 GC I had sitting around for this. I'll report back after I get it installed.

After some thought and reading reviews, this isn't much of an upgrade from my TX3 with a mild cpu oc (90w tdp). Instead i'm going to save the money and get Diablo 3 :)

I do like the whole cleaner look and not having to use push pins

I have 2x 120mm on my H50 and it still kicking strong. Got it on the i7 3770 and it idles at 27-30*C.

If you care about your system being quiet at idle, you might have a tough time using the H60.

The radiator on the H60 is very dense, and requires a good amount of pressure to work well. Turn down the fan speed to hush it up, and performance tanks badly. You might very well find that you can't get the same idle temps as you had before without running the H60 louder than your old air cooler.

Have you tried one yourself, or just going off of looks? Ive used many common coolers (212+, 212evo, H50, H60, H100, etc) and the H60 is the best noise/cooling one Ive found. With decent fans at 800rpm, its silent with the side panel closed from 2-3ft, and cooled a 2500K @ 4.8Ghz 72C LinX with AVX load. Going from H50 to H60 dropped 4-6C off each core, and cut the noise completely out.

Beware.

These closed loop coolers are gateway drugs to full blown water cooling. I started with a H50 which was fantastic. Decided to mod it with a res and now just spend upwards of $600 on parts for a custom loop.

I know these are on par with some of the high end air coolers but I like the clean install of these closed loops.

Beware.

These closed loop coolers are gateway drugs to full blown water cooling. I started with a H50 which was fantastic. Decided to mod it with a res and now just spend upwards of $600 on parts for a custom loop.

I know these are on par with some of the high end air coolers but I like the clean install of these closed loops.

Yeah. I started with an couple of H50's. Moved up to an H100. Now, I'm gathering parts for a $650 custom 320mm & 120mm Rad loop for my CPU and GPUs.

It isn't a gateway to waking up naked in a back alley with no clothes, is it?

If not, I think we'll be fine.

BTW, I bought it and its practically noiseless.

I have bought 2 H60s in the last 4 weeks. One was perfect, one had a the pump grinding sound people often complain about. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of an RMA so I was able to get rid of the sound by turning down the pump RPM to 70% on my motherboard fan controller. Did not seem to affect the cooling at all.

Have you tried one yourself, or just going off of looks? Ive used many common coolers (212+, 212evo, H50, H60, H100, etc) and the H60 is the best noise/cooling one Ive found. With decent fans at 800rpm, its silent with the side panel closed from 2-3ft, and cooled a 2500K @ 4.8Ghz 72C LinX with AVX load. Going from H50 to H60 dropped 4-6C off each core, and cut the noise completely out.

I know its not exactly the same, but I went from a 212+ to an H70 and just couldn't deal with the noise when the fans were on high.. my son asked why it sounded like there was an airplane in my room, lol
I used the resistor to slow the fans down and now it is perfectly quiet, but I dont think I get that much benefit out of it over air now
this is on the stock fans.. maybe its worth upgrading so I can run them faster

I bit. My local BB had only 1 on the shelf.

A friend of mine has been running his H60 for over a year without a problem.

Thank you for the share, OP.

I picked the H60 up at BB for my FX8120 build... OC'd it from 3.1 on 8 cores to 4.75... stable in win7-64 with 16gb of ram... I have the H60 with 5 case fans and you can't even tell it's on. The fan on the video card is the loudest fan in the system. I've had some tard high speed jet engine type fans and the H60 isn't one of them. For a $50 cooler, this is a no-brainer... For a $50 self contained water cooling system... it's a fuckin steal!

I'll vouch for the Corsair H60. My i7-2600K overclocked to 4.8 easy, stable and cool all day. Installation couldn't be easier unless Corsair came out and did it for you.

ok I feel a bit stupid for asking this ... but your performance while idle?

Website doesn't appear to be reflecting this same price anymore. Was the deal not good all week?

EDIT: Just noticed this thread is 2 weeks old... damn necros! :)

$64 at Newegg with Free Shipping.

I still don't quite get why the H80 is $100 ish

I guess I don't care about the Corsair Link and will probably replace the fans anyway.

Did we lose some posts? Could have swore I responded to this...
Yes, I've tried an H60. I got in on this Best Buy deal, and even exchanged it for another H60 when I had issues with the first one (hoping it was just a fluke).

I could never get it to run as quietly as my air cooler. My idle temps were far worse than air cooling with the fan on the H60 dialed down to "somewhat quiet-ish," and I tried this with multiple fans just to make sure it wasn't the stock fan that was terrible. That aside, even with the fan off, the pump noise alone was noticeably louder than the fan I was using on my old cooler.

In short: Noise levels went up. Temps went up. Only way to get better temps than my old cooler was to run it louder than my old cooler.

Maybe your store had a bad batch? Ive now had 3 H60s, and use them mostly in my HTPC because of the low noise. Got to make sure to plug the fan in a header thats not controlled (usually the PWR_FAN header), and put a nice quiet ~800RPM fan on it. Silent with the side panel on, and can run a 2500K at 4.6-4.8Ghz daily staying under the recomended 72C max temp.

Maybe your store had a bad batch? Ive now had 3 H60s, and use them mostly in my HTPC because of the low noise. Got to make sure to plug the fan in a header thats not controlled (usually the PWR_FAN header), and put a nice quiet ~800RPM fan on it.
See, this is what I'm talking about... 800 RPM while the CPU is idle? That's already getting high.

I'm running a Core i5 2500K @ 4.6GHz (speedstep disabled, so it's 4.6GHz even while idle).
The CPU and case fans in my system are all spinning at 600 RPM and my CPU is idle at 39c with a regular old air cooler. The fans are set to slowly ramp up, reaching 100% (1200 RPM) when the CPU gets up to 60c (it never gets that hot outside of OCCT).

From the many different fans I have here, I can not tell a difference in speed (from the noise, or lack of) in any of them up to 1k. Around 1k is where the noise becomes noticable to me.

You could probably do fine with the fan off even when idle. Depends on ambient temps. My house is usually 65-68F, and idle would be around 26-33C depending on the core (I also disable all power saving crap and run full speed all the time).

From the many different fans I have here, I can not tell a difference in speed (from the noise, or lack of) in any of them up to 1k. Around 1k is where the noise becomes noticable to me.
We might have different definitions of "quiet" then, because I can hear the difference between 600 and 800 RPM very clearly on multiple fans.

I've also returned LCD monitors for being too loud. Even from 5 feet back, I can hear the hiss/buzz generated by poorly designed CCFL backlight inverters or LED dimming circuits.

Edit: Also, my house is 10 degrees hotter than yours and my idle temp is only 13 degrees higher? That means my temperature delta is only 3 degrees larger than yours, under worse ambient conditions, and I'm doing it with a single fan at 600 RPM rather than a fan at 800 RPM and a pump motor...

Last edited:
Back