Corsair H50 on sale this week at Best Buy

Damn Dirty Ape

[H]ard|Gawd
Best Buy this week has the Corsair H50 cpu water cooler for $59, for any who have been on the fence. Down from 79.99.

I pulled the trigger today. I got Microcenter to price match it. I exchanged a TRUE Rev C for it because I didn't want my case to be so crowded (air flow is already tenuous). Hopefully it won't be a mistake.

I put an H50 on my i7 920 at 3.2ghz last weekend and so far I have been very happy with the results. It dropped my idle temps about 5c (around 40C now) over my Ximagtek Dark Knight and the load temps from 70C+ to the low 60s. Right now I am actually using the Xigmatek fan to pull in air through the rad per Corsair's recommendation and everything seems to be working fine.

I get better temps in my situation on a 920 with the fan pulling through the rad and to the outisde. Reversing to blow in raises case temps by a LOT, creating a cascading effect of raising the cpu temp after a while when everything heats up.

I'll buy that tomorrow, was there tonight and must have missed the sale.

I just picked up a Canon MX860 AIO from them for 25% off, they are running great deals.

Do anyone know of the current back plate of my tuniq tower will work with it? It is a pain to take everything out case and put it back in.

I get better temps in my situation on a 920 with the fan pulling through the rad and to the outisde. Reversing to blow in raises case temps by a LOT, creating a cascading effect of raising the cpu temp after a while when everything heats up.

Reversing the fan to blow outside the case is better with a push-pull config. One reviewer dropped temps 10 degrees.

I think that Corsair had the fan blowing into the case because the Obsidian 800D needs the extra airflow. Other cases on the market doesn't have this problem.

@DamnDirtyApe, are you using the H50 on both setups in your sig? Have you tried doing a higher overclock with your 920? I have the P183 also so the cooling environment is similar.

Do anyone know of the current back plate of my tuniq tower will work with it? It is a pain to take everything out case and put it back in.

My H50 mounted to my Zalman back plate no problems. Might with yours as well. You will have to check.

To my knowledge the H50 doesn't perform as well as a megahalem or a true. Can anyone confirm?

To my knowledge the H50 doesn't perform as well as a megahalem or a true. Can anyone confirm?

i just got one today. i'm running it on a b3 q6600 (yeah the hot one) and it is light years better then my old Zalman 9500. temps are like 20c cooler. i am also running it in push pull.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1025/6/

it is about even with the true, maybe a slight bit better in push pull set up.

I don't know guys, if I trust my 920 to a prepackaged watercooler with no reservoir or way to know if it quits. I know it is Corsair and respect the quality behind their name, but still the same, if the fan quits on a True, you still have some cooling. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a rev c True here real soon, and set it up with 2 fans in push pull. I'm still running the stock cooler at 3.6 Ghz. With winter and cooler ambient temps, I can easily get it to 3.8, but that is about the limit for the stock cooler.

I don't know guys, if I trust my 920 to a prepackaged watercooler with no reservoir or way to know if it quits. I know it is Corsair and respect the quality behind their name, but still the same, if the fan quits on a True, you still have some cooling. I think I am going to pull the trigger on a rev c True here real soon, and set it up with 2 fans in push pull. I'm still running the stock cooler at 3.6 Ghz. With winter and cooler ambient temps, I can easily get it to 3.8, but that is about the limit for the stock cooler.

I pulled the trigger. I'm getting less then 100 F on my Q9400 @ 3.4ghz fully loaded with prime 95, amazing.

I'm using it to cool my i7 920 @ 4.2 with 2 enermax magma fans (dead quiet) in push/pull exausting out the top of my HAF 932. Max load is 68c. One thing i did note, i plugged the pump for it into the CPU fan header, then locked it to 100% in the bios so it wouldnt throttle based on temperature. My puter has effectivly replaced my baseboard heater in my bedroom, winter in wisconsin ftw? I also run 4x magmas attached to the side panel of the comp...lol 240cfm blasting the mobo and the vid cards, they dropped my tri-sli 260 core 216 max temp by 15c allowing me some extra head room.

picked one from bestbuy. The temp of the cpu is great with corsair h50!!

So I finally install. It works well with the tuniq tower backplate on a q9550 @ 3.4GHZ. It lower my temps 5-10Cs on the cores with 20 passes on IBT

as a warning, the plastic screw inserts break very easily while you are screwing in the pump to the cpu socket bracket. this might be because I was not using a traditional computer case chassis where the motherboard is not screwed in place and was instead using an open air tech station, but just a word of warning, I didn't even try turning the screws hard and noticed the plastic had broken.

aside from that though, currently OC'ed my i7 920 D0 to 3.6ghz @ 1.25v and LinX load temps are only 65c

So I finally install. It works well with the tuniq tower backplate on a q9550 @ 3.4GHZ. It lower my temps 5-10Cs on the cores with 20 passes on IBT

as a warning, the plastic screw inserts break very easily while you are screwing in the pump to the cpu socket bracket. this might be because I was not using a traditional computer case chassis where the motherboard is not screwed in place and was instead using an open air tech station, but just a word of warning, I didn't even try turning the screws hard and noticed the plastic had broken.

aside from that though, currently OC'ed my i7 920 D0 to 3.6ghz @ 1.25v and LinX load temps are only 65c

are you guys using one fan push or pull? or 2 with a push/pull setup? temps look good :)

I did one fan at push first. Then I tried 2 push fan and it lower it by a couple of degrees more

I'll do the same for now, I just prefer to have a full set for each. I couldn't find matching screws at home depot though

NeoGohan | Xeon | Yujie

I did found some screws at HomeDepot a little bit longer but thats why I bought some HEX NUT
to make them even with the stock ones.

MACHINE SCREWS (LITTLE GREEN BAGS) 4 in each bag.
#6-32 X 1-1/2"

HEX NUT 2 in each bag
4mm- 7

Total less than 2.00

I made 4 little gommets out of some rubber I had in my house to keep the vibration down.

Last edited:
That seems so expensive just for 4 screws. haha. But nice that you were able to find some that will work.

That seems so expensive just for 4 screws. haha. But nice that you were able to find some that will work.

I think it's fine the trip to HomeDepot is worse and I'm like 4miles away:p

METRIC NUT $0.36cents X2 $0.72
MACHINE SCREWS $0.98
Sales tax $0.12
Total $1.82

I finally got it installed. This thing is amazing! Knocked 11C off my idle temps, 25C off my load.

I am amazed how good this simple, and very quiet, system works. Temps are mid 30's under load. (Core I7 920 mild OC' to 3.20GHz)

Now I just need to figure out how to cool the NB on the Asus Genie II mATX MB with two video cards installed. :confused: Temps are in the 70's!

I have question for you gents that bought these at best buy. Does it come with the mount for 1156 in the box? If it does I'm going to BB to buy two right now. The Corsair website says it is compatible with 1156, but no other word on whether I would need to order a separate bracket.

There are two revisions of this cooler. The newer one (which is the only one I've seen at Best Buy and I've bought three) has the brackets and hardware for every major socket type from AM2 through LGA 1366, this includes 1156.

Picked one up from Fry's earlier, they have it for $55 for the until next week sometime. Cooler is AWESOME. Had been running the stock HSF at 3.5 ghz, i7 920 at 70 C. Am now running at 3.6 ghz @59 C using the stock Corsair fan in an exhaust setup. One issue though if you don't have a side fan is that since there's no longer any air coming from the cpu hsf the NB temps do go up. Mine shot up until I put the side of my case on, HAF 932. They then dropped back down to where they were, 37 C load.

Back