Corsair H50 Installation Video

Awesome. I saw the H50 yesterday at Fry's when I was buying RAM and picked it up for my secondary Q6700 machine. My primary Q9650 box has a conventional swiftech wc setup, but I thought I'd give this a shot. Installation was very straight forward and my early impressions are that it works quite well. My Q6700 @ 3.6ghz (1.52 Vcore) is idling in the low 30s, about ~70C after 2hrs of prime95. I never see those kinds of temps doing 1080p h264 encoding, so realistically temps will be >15C lower.

So far so good!

Cool Video. I completely overlooked the way to place the fan when I installed it. Thanks for the tip!

I used this video to install my H50 yesterday. It was so easy, that a caveman could actually do it. :D

One thing I want to point out that video nor manual mentioned, is that my H50 come with 2 sets of 4 mounting screws. One for Intel, one for AMD. They both identical. It was real fun figuring out which screw to use as both came in the same plastic pocket. The only difference between the two was that Intel ones have thinner tips and threads.

It took me a moment to realize that, after trying to jam AMD mounting screw into Intel bracket/clips... and was wondering why it wouldn't go in. Only after accidentally laying them side by side, did I realize that screws are slightly different.

As far I understand, we are going to stop shipping those screws as they are no longer needed.

Very good video. Used it for my installation ;)

Back