Corsair H50 Fan Recommendations

and713

Weaksauce
So I understand that some fans are better at overcoming static pressure better than others. So I was wondering what the best fan combo would be to setup a push/pull setup my my H50. Should I have a different fan blowing air through the radiator than the fan pulling? What would [H] recommend?

Thanks in advance.

If your not concerned about noise, Scythe Ultra Kaze fans can't be beat for the price. With that being said, they are LOUD, and need to be paired with a fan controller for day to day use.

IMO, best bang for your buck fans are the Yate Loons. You can get them for $5 each, and they are extremely popular among the water cooling community.

I recommend Blade master 120mms. They have high static pressure. For radiator application, CFM doesn't matter because it takes air pressure to push through the fins. CFM is usually measured in a free flowing environment. 2nd, its PWM so your mother board can throttle the fan to reduce the noise without need of a fan controller.
Model R4-BMBS-20PK-R0
Fan Dimension 120 x 120 x 25 mm
Speed (R.P.M.) 600 - 2000 R.P.M.
Air Flow (CFM) 21.2 - 76.8 CFM
Air pressure (mmH2O) 0.40 – 3.90 mmH2O
Noise Level 13 – 32 dBA

Blademaster 120

I recommend Blade master 120mms. They have high static pressure. For radiator application, CFM doesn't matter because it takes air pressure to push through the fins. CFM is usually measured in a free flowing environment. 2nd, its PWM so your mother board can throttle the fan to reduce the noise without need of a fan controller.

Blademaster 120

Thanks for the recommendations, I had heard of the Yate Loons before not of the Blademaster. Currently out of stock @ Newegg. You wouldn't happen to know a good place to buy them for a better price, or with Free shipping would you Icejon?

I am in the same situation. I recently bought the Corsair H50 and I want a fan with good static pressure, but at the same time very quiet.

I was thinking of buying a Noctua NF-P12, which is supposed good at pushing air through radiators, and I know that this is a very quiet fan.

However, someone suggested that I should invest in a Scythe Gentle Typhoon which is supposed to give a good static pressure.

I hear that the very best watercooling fans, if you can stand the price, are the Triebwerk set made by Feser. You probably only need one, not two. Aside from that Scythes are good.

http://www.feser-one.com/site/product_info.php?cPath=83&products_id=329

FrozenCPU has them in stock if I recall.

$35 is WAYYYYY too much money for one fan IMO, that thing better deep freeze my cpu for that type of moolah. Gotta say I'm leaning towards the Blademaster 120 after looking into all the recommendations. @ $10 plus however Newegg's gonna charge for shipping seems be a solid, reasonably priced fan with good radiator performance.

If your not concerned about noise, Scythe Ultra Kaze fans can't be beat for the price. With that being said, they are LOUD, and need to be paired with a fan controller for day to day use.

IMO, best bang for your buck fans are the Yate Loons. You can get them for $5 each, and they are extremely popular among the water cooling community.

I agree with you on the Yates. They are quiet and perform surprisingly well on a rad or heatsink. You can pick these up cheap from Petra's. If you want a 38mm fan a Panaflo is a solid choice as well, they can be found for a very reasonable price from Sidewinder.

what's wrong with the stock fan? Just curious on your reasoning to swap it out. I've never really noticed the noise over the rest of the system (reference 4890 fan) and it seems to be doing a very decent job i'm sitting at 45c with 4.2 o/c on a 920c0 i7.

Why doesn't anyone love the Silverstone FN122 :(. 120x120x32mm with controllers and good static pressure sounds like a match for a radiator application.

Or you could be silly and get one of those 120x120x55mm Feser fans.

what's wrong with the stock fan? Just curious on your reasoning to swap it out. I've never really noticed the noise over the rest of the system (reference 4890 fan) and it seems to be doing a very decent job i'm sitting at 45c with 4.2 o/c on a 920c0 i7.

Those are idle temps, @ load @ 3.2 currently do about 60, I had installed the the H50 as an exhaust but decided to listen to Corsair and make it an intake, big mistake, was getting the same temps @ 3.6 before. Want a new fan because I'm [H]ard. Will still be using the old fan, just as the pull fan to get better airflow. People with push/pull setups have gotten load temps 6-7 C cooler than push or pull alone.

On another H50 note, has anyone lapped theirs?

Yeah even I'm curious about whether a better fan would make a difference in cooling w/ the h50. My Q6700 is oc'd to 3.6ghz and my idle/load temps are 35/60 - which is still better than the old days w/ the Tuniq Tower. I use the fat Yate Loons for pull on my Q9650 3x120 rad, but I think all my spare fans are regular coolermaster fans that came w/ my cosmos s. Plus I'm not sure i have space between the rad and the pump/heatsink for another fan.

Otherwise, for an impulse buy i'm pretty impressed w/ this thing.

I did get a little lazy though - left the stock thermal compound on there instead of using AS5/ Tuniq TX-2.

I've always liked San Aces, specifically theses. There is a guy on TPU selling them used for $15 shipped.....

Changed the stock fan on my H50 to 2 Scythe Kamas in a push-pull config. The stock fan was a little too loud for me (high whining noise from the stock fan compared to just the sound of rushing air with the Scythes).

Yeah even I'm curious about whether a better fan would make a difference in cooling w/ the h50. My Q6700 is oc'd to 3.6ghz and my idle/load temps are 35/60 - which is still better than the old days w/ the Tuniq Tower. I use the fat Yate Loons for pull on my Q9650 3x120 rad, but I think all my spare fans are regular coolermaster fans that came w/ my cosmos s. Plus I'm not sure i have space between the rad and the pump/heatsink for another fan.

Otherwise, for an impulse buy i'm pretty impressed w/ this thing.

I did get a little lazy though - left the stock thermal compound on there instead of using AS5/ Tuniq TX-2.

The Thermal paste that comes pre-applied is Shin Etsu something or other, which makes some of the best paste, not sure if it's their high end stuff though.

Hi I bought a used second hand Feser Tribalwerk fan the slower low RPM mobel and although they are not LED lighted I am very impressed with it's performance.
First thing I noticed is how totally silent these fans are.I could not even hear the air going through the fn body until I held it right next to my ear..I rally am very impresed with these Feser fans.
Yes they are very thick at 55mm but the build quality is very good best I've seen really in a good fan.I've bought loads of different types in the past and like I said if these Ferser fans were LED lighted I'd be even more impressed. They come with two adaptor fan cables which are black sleeved.
I would like to buy one more to have two to fit on my 240 radiator but the price at £25 in the UK where I am is way to high for me.If these fans were more of a real world price say £15 I's buy 2 of them but £25 is way to much. So I guess if I cannot find some more lightly used or shop liquidation jobs I'm stuck to using just the one I have now. Good fans thou.

Back