Corsair H50 CPU Cooler Preview.

the only way any company is going to make any changes to the way it does business is when customers bitch and complain about the problems, because very few would actually do anything unless they had to when it affects the bottom dollar.

Good point.

Overall I like the simple and effective design of the Corsair over the Cool it. Thanks for the review it definitely gave me more food for thought.

I'm going to give the Corsair H50 a shot in my RIG. If it isn't up to snuff I'll return it. I'm currently cooling with a Zalman 9700 copper LED and it works great. I think the Corsair H50 will lower temps in my case and improve air flow in the Antec 900 case.
Looking forward to playing with this.

I have one in my new rig and I actually like it better than my TRUE. Now that is mostly to due to how it connects. I added a 2nd fan to do push pull and have been quite happy with my i7 920 D0 running at 4.1 for the daily driver.

main.php

It is in a NZXT Panzerbox, so there is way more than enough airflow going to through the case not to miss my TRUE. The P182 was my old box, just sitting there wondering why a core 2 Quad Q9550 at 3.6 wasn't enough for me.

main.php

I have read through this thread off and on a few times now and I ordered one of these a few hours ago and now after doing more reading I'm having second thoughts.

Seems like this cooler failed before but under different names.

I really don't want to have to return this but will if it isn't up to snuff. What an inconvenience to buy a product that doesn't do what the manufacturer claims it can do and have to return it.

Well, considering that many here are already WITH to I7 my pc is no longer on the list of "top1000" but here he's still running my games, so I decided to wait for the I9 to see how it goes.
Thus, and with summer coming around here I decided to give one last upgrade on the system, changing the Akasa Nero and the chipset cooler, which is a noiser.
I found a 60mm CoolerMaster in my "junk" and it´s very quiet and runs at 4000rpm, doing a good job without the chipset even dream of getting close to the same noise that motherfucker standard cooler that comes in the mobo does.
For the processor I bought a Corsair H50, which is new, but the material I found on the Internet is very good:
DSCN0290.jpg

I spent a whole afternoon to try to improve the organization of cables inside the PC, but installing the Corsair H50 itself is very simple and quick ... I just tighten the screw before you put the "block" and so spent 20 minutes to install the kit, but I believe it can be done in less time, and it neatly!
Because, unfortunately, with the installation of the radiator panel acrylic for fans of Stacker did not close it, I had to "adapt" a panel in order to bring cold air into the cabinet, since it now runs out in summer would beg to have problems:
DSCN0303.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

These are the temperatures when the system is stock (for now, I'm going to play over after dinner: D), who has encouraged me a lot because they are only 30 degrees lower than with Nero (now is very hot in the room and to the tests I´m not using the air conditioner:

Boot (MCP temperature of 25 ° smaller and without the fan noise standard):
DSCN0305.jpg

System in Idle, 3min after running the Lynx (the temps fall in practically no time back to when idle):
StockIdle.png

Maximum temperatures recorded while running the Lynx to test all memory (the worst of the tests):
StockLynxAll.png

Final result:

Before new parts:
DSCN0286.jpg

Now:

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0293.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

Now I'll play over and come back with new results! : D
Hugs
André.

Kyle...
At the review (video) I can see you are using a Stacker... is that one the 830, like mine ?
I´m asking because, like you can see, I can´t use the side fan panel with the radiator installed... what did you do to use it ?
Thanks,
André.

Just ordered for $55 AR & promo EBAAA120 from ZZF. Won't have a PC for it for a while though.

bastards! I paid $60 :mad:

Best price I could find was 78.24 + free ship from Amazon...and it's on it's way.

Scratch That.....I ordered from ZZF for the 55.00 and Amazon said to refuse the pagkage for a full refund.

Thanks for the heads-up lathode!

Last edited:
Amazon has great customer service. Not sure about ZZF. Good price though.

My H50 arrived today and I should have it up and running for testing before the end of this day.

It is isn't better than my Zalman 9700 LED I'm going to send it back.

Amazon has great customer service. Not sure about ZZF. Good price though.

My H50 arrived today and I should have it up and running for testing before the end of this day.

It is isn't better than my Zalman 9700 LED I'm going to send it back.

did you get around to installing it? did it beat the 9700?

my h50 is within 1-2c of my brothers megahalem at the same clock speed and voltage.

did you get around to installing it? did it beat the 9700?

my h50 is within 1-2c of my brothers megahalem at the same clock speed and voltage.

Is that in the same system?

It was a long day for me today and I just got home. I might not get it in today.
If I do I'll post some info.

Is that in the same system?

almost identical systems in fact. only real difference is that my 4870 exhausts hot air into the case instead of out (like his).

I do have have mine in push n pull and he has a single fan but still I am impressed enough to recommend it.

hmm ill definitely look into getting one of these badass for my new i7 rig

I had a few problems getting the H50 to fit in my Antec 900 case.

This is what it looked like before Corsair H50.

GMSolidAugust2009XfireHD4770IQ9550E0.JPG

I'll post some pics of how I did my H50 set up later on. Long day. Have to go to be soon. Doing some test with the new H50 and so far not bad. Seems like I may have lowered my temps a few degrees. Ran OCCT 3 times in a row doing the PSU linpack and GPU burn test for 20 minutes each time and passed no errors and temps looked decent. I'm going to do a few more test and post some results along with pics later on.

So far I'm happy with it.

:)

Here are my results with a 20 minute run of OCCT running the PSU test that does the GPUs and CPU linpack at the same time. It's an extreme test for any system. I'm sure I can clean this up for more stability but I only wanted to see the differences in temperatures.

Overall I am very pleased with the H50. Not sure if it is better than a TRUE 120 Extreme though but I'm happy with the extra space in my case for better air flow and chipset cooling.

Zalman9700beforeCorsairH50AfterH50GMconfig.jpg

Important.

I set my H50 up differently than the standard configuration that Corsair's instructions describe.

I'll post a pic of my set up later on.

Before with Zalman 9700 LED

After with a moded configuration of Corsair H50.

GMSinsideH50.jpg

ModedAntec900GMSH50.jpg

GM2H50Antec900Rocking.jpg

My H50 configuration has a big Scythe 120x120x38 sucking air out of the case and blowing the air through the radiator and uses the Corsair 4 pin PWM fan to suck air away from the radiator. There is about a 1/4" space between the Scythe Fan and the back of the Antec 900 case. This gap allows a little room for the lines to sit flush with the case side cover and to allow a little bit of cooler air to be sucked from outside of the case.

As posted above I was pleased with the performance of the H50. Deffinitely better than the Zalman 9700.

Anyone know the best fan configuration? 1 fan? 2 fans? Which fans?

Trial an error.

From what I have read a "blow and suck" with 2 fans is what is supposed to work best.
My set up works well.

damn sonda5 that looks like a beast! i like it a lot. you must get great temps with that setup. glad to hear its outperforming your zalman.

GMSinsideH50.jpg

ModedAntec900GMSH50.jpg

My H50 configuration has a big Scythe 120x120x38 sucking air out of the case and blowing the air through the radiator and uses the Corsair 4 pin PWM fan to suck air away from the radiator. There is about a 1/4" space between the Scythe Fan and the back of the Antec 900 case. This gap allows a little room for the lines to sit flush with the case side cover and to allow a little bit of cooler air to be sucked from outside of the case.

As posted above I was pleased with the performance of the H50. Deffinitely better than the Zalman 9700.

i was thinking of something similar when i installed my h50. if the hoses were a bit longer you could have made an L bracket and not even used case air at all.

Trial an error.

From what I have read a "blow and suck" with 2 fans is what is supposed to work best.
My set up works well.

everyone will have to try it out and it will depend ALOT on what case you have and what type of airflow you are getting. that coupled together with your average ambient temp will decide how to use it best. imo cases with rear and top exhaust fans will be able to benefit from this cooler alot more.

most reviews ive read online show very little improvement (a few degrees) using 2 fans in push/pull. fans are pretty cheap tho so it will still be trial and error.

damn sonda5 that looks like a beast! i like it a lot. you must get great temps with that setup. glad to hear its outperforming your zalman.

Thanks.

It is working well.

Last night I consecutively ran 3dMark06. Vantage, 3dMark03 and 3dMark05 with my HD4770s at 925/10060 each and my Q9550 E0 at 3.8GHZ..

Did this with REAL Temp 3.0 monitoring in the back ground. All 4 cores remained in the 40s. :cool:

i was thinking of something similar when i installed my h50. if the hoses were a bit longer you could have made an L bracket and not even used case air at all.

I thought about that idea and it still might work with the length of the hoses. Just twist the heat sink around so that the hoses will have more room going back.
I didn't have an L bracket when I did this but if I thought about it.

With an L bracket rather then cut side notches in my case like I did I would have cut the rear fan vent area our then slipped the Corsair heat sink through the hole then side mounted the radiator with suck and pull fans pointing to the right of my case when vertical.

Would it work better or look better? Not sure about that.

Right now I have my fans pulling air out from the case. With the L bracket I think my overall air flow in my case would suffer by not have a fan pulling air out of the case because it would be hard to put a fan there with the H50 lines running through the back case fan area.

Last edited:
I thought about that idea and it still might work with the length of the hoses. Just twist the heat sink around so that the hoses will have more room going back.
I didn't have an L bracket when I did this but if I thought about it.

With an L bracket rather then cut side notches in my case like I did I would have cut the rear fan vent area our then slipped the Corsair heat sink through the hole then side mounted the radiator with suck and pull fans pointing to the right of my case when vertical.

Would it work better or look better? Not sure about that.

Right now I have my fans pulling air out from the case. With the L bracket I think my overall air flow in my case would suffer by not have a fan pulling air out of the case because it would be hard to put a fan there with the H50 lines running through the back case fan area.

yea im sure it would look like crap, which is why i didnt do that lol. with your case the airflow wouldnt suffer much, that big fan on top pulls alot of air. i have a 1200 and flipped both my fans to intake.
since youre using these as exhaust i would actually cut most of the fan grill out to max out the airflow. with this cooler though you really dont need a super high rpm fan. but if you dont mind the noise then it really doesnt hurt either.

dsc0011ke.jpg

dsc0014zg.jpg

dsc0017ae.jpg

dsc0018qi.jpg

dsc0020kw.jpg

Last edited:
since youre using these as exhaust i would actually cut most of the fan grill out to max out the airflow.

I want to do that but I'm worried that the back of the case will collapse since I caught 2 notches in the side to let the coolant lines go to the radiator.

I'm going to build some type of a metal square bracket that can catch all 4 fan screws around then back to add structural support then cut out the rear fan grill for better air flow. That will be another project. In the mean time I'm going to cut out as much as I can without the rear of the case getting to flimsy.

Your set up in your Antec 1200 case looks great. How is it working out for you?

I want to do that but I'm worried that the back of the case will collapse since I caught 2 notches in the side to let the coolant lines go to the radiator.

I'm going to build some type of a metal square bracket that can catch all 4 fan screws around then back to add structural support then cut out the rear fan grill for better air flow. That will be another project. In the mean time I'm going to cut out as much as I can without the rear of the case getting to flimsy.

Your set up in your Antec 1200 case looks great. How is it working out for you?

thanks i love the way this thing looks now.

yea that sounds like a good idea for yours. well i got my H50 more for looks than for performance but it seems to be doing fairly well. ill be upgrading to a 955 very soon but my temps shouldnt differ that much since my 6400 is 125w. using linx063 with max settings that i can use, a 4 hr load test ,room ambient about 22c, my cpu cores max temp are both 44c, mobo temp is 28c. so it seems to perform ok for me. ill know more when i get the new cpu and start to oc it a bit.

Hi. Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have a Coolermaster Cosmos S.
This has 3x120mm exhaust fans blowing out of the top.
I was thinking I could somehow attach the H50 radiator under the rear one of these and put a "push" fan under that. Thus the heat from the radiator would be pushed and pulled out of the top of the case
There is also a rear exhaust fan at the same level as the chip. Might this draw air away from the intake fan for the radiator?
I'm intending running a Core i7 920 at 3.8 to 4.0GHz

What do people think. Will this work?

Thanks, John:)

the rear exhaust fan became popular mainly so that you could orientate your cpu cooler to blow the warmer air out of the case faster.

since you have 3 exhaust fans up top, i would flip the rear exhaust as an intake and mount the h50 on that.

the warm air will be exhausted though the top fans, which is where the heat goes naturally anyways.

if you take a look a few posts up youll see my antec 1200 rig. i flipped both rear fans to be intakes.

Q9550 stable error free OCCT CPU test 30 minutes with a decent over clock.

30minuteOCCTCorsairH50.jpg

the rear exhaust fan became popular mainly so that you could orientate your cpu cooler to blow the warmer air out of the case faster.

since you have 3 exhaust fans up top, i would flip the rear exhaust as an intake and mount the h50 on that.

the warm air will be exhausted though the top fans, which is where the heat goes naturally anyways.

if you take a look a few posts up youll see my antec 1200 rig. i flipped both rear fans to be intakes.

That sounds like an optimum configuration for cases that can do it.

Has anyone tried the H50 in a push/pull exhaust configuration (ie. against Corsair recommends) in a case with a lot of positive airflow like the Silverstone RV02?

I just ordered parts for a new system and got the RV02 to house it all. I haven't decided on a cooling solution yet. I was deciding between the TRUE 1366 and the H50.

The 3 180mm intakes in the RV02 move a LOT of air. I would assume they would provide enough cool air to the H50 to counteract the "incorrect" fan direction. Then again, those fans would also provide the TRUE with a lot of air.

Would the TRUE or the H50 in push/pull exhaust perform better in a case with very high positive air flow?

Opinions are greatly appreciated!

GMSinsideH50.jpg

ModedAntec900GMSH50.jpg

Like the idea but that honestly looks like shit.

I'm currently waiting for the amd bracket, I have it rigged for the meantime.

I got the best results in my mid-tower by switching my airflow so that the exhaust is now the intake and blows straight out the front. As a bonus the hot air warms my legs now. Im ready for the winter!

Like the idea but that honestly looks like shit.

Yeah it's not the prettiest build. Overall it works great though. :cool:

My HD4770s are sitting on TR HR 03 rev. A heat sinks. Both HD4770s idle in the mid to high 20s depending on ambient temps.

I built my RIG for performance. This Antec 900 case configured how I have it performs great. The Corsair H50 has complimented my build very well. This RIG has turned into an ongoing project in performance. I may end up with a better case when inspired.

Has anyone tried the H50 in a push/pull exhaust configuration (ie. against Corsair recommends) in a case with a lot of positive airflow like the Silverstone RV02?

I'm running mine as push/pull exhaust.

My Antec 900 is modified with larger more powerful Scythe KAZE fans and has positive air flow.

... they started selling this at bestbuy... $56 employee price so i picked one up for my i7

right now my 920 is @ 3.2 and i have temps in the mid 40's and 60's load... im gonna "slowly" push toward 3.8 - 4

even stock i dont really need this much computer haha

since youre using these as exhaust i would actually cut most of the fan grill out to max out the airflow.

I have cut out the fan gril and it's now flush with the back of the case. Also I changed it to an intake like Corsair recommends.

This is with the Scythe Kaze 120x120x38 pushing air from outside of the case through the radiator with the Corsair 120x120x25 pulling away from radiator into the case. This seems to the best configuartion which is similiar to the Corsair recommended setting since I am no longer using the rear case fan location as an exhaust but rather as an intake.

With Antec 900 case.

stablefluildH50GMSolid.jpg

Pretty impressive temps! Was the Scythe Kaze 120x120x38 a 3000? And did you have it and the Corsair fan at full speed? If so, which I'm thinking you did, Have you tried lowering the speed of the fans? A Kaze 3000 @ full speed is ear piercing...

Back