Corsair H50 any good?

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Yeah as the thread says, I got few days left on a buy it now used once Corsair H50 w/c system off a seller on ebay for $45+$8 delivered is it worth it? And any improvements over the TRUE120 currently am using?

Thanks

Sys specs are

E5300 @ 4.5
4GB Corsair XMS2
GTX590

^ Yes I know I'm hugely cpu bottlenecked ever since my old 975 died, my Rampage II Extreme has been laying dust for a while so grabbed 2 GTX590's for a bargain of $840 recently. Using my old HTPC parts for now haven't got time for rebuilding the system so considered the Corsair cooling if it was worth it.

Last edited:
One reason i would go with the H50 is lower temperature inside the case and cooler air to the video cards by removing the hot air the aircooler dumps in the case.
That alone makes it worth it.

preformace wise its about the same.

I LOVE my H60. It ships with the easier to install square block, and is a little less noisy. ~ same performance as the 50 I believe.

Yeah when Corsair released its H50-H80 w/c'ers I was bit confused as to what the real differences was between each model as they all looked distinctively the same.

System case is a modded CM Elite forgot exact model, the side case is always open and right now since Summer is almost here, the ambient temperature in my room is about 25-26'C, so was considering if it was worth the upgrade as I might pick a second hand i7 1366 cpu again to accommodate it with my Rampage and left over Dominator GT's.

I'm a big fan of corsairs entire line. Like someone stated above, the best part is the lack of heat filling up the case from the cpu heatsink like other solutions.

I got the H50 in my productivity rig cooling a 1055t @ 3.7 ghz using a push-pull setup running at 29-31 C.

Yeah thanks for the replies, decided not to upgrade to the H50 as it not being an upgrade over my TRUE120.

Back