Corsair H50 $40 Best Buy

$49.99 now.....aRRRGHHHHHHHHHH. Was going tomorrow to pick one up...:mad:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...=1218115623560&skuId=9503771&st=h50&cp=1&lp=1

Is this thing still worth $50 beans?

Not true at all. Even if one fan has less CFM than the other, it is still helping the other fan move air easier.

/facepalm

Ok so when you have a 80cfm fan trying to push air through a rad and you have a 40cfm fan on the other side, how much air do you think actually makes it through?

Tip: Its not 80cfm

I guess I should have jumped on this sooner...online is "out of stock" and shows for $50.

Edit: I'm slow, lawl. :p

I grabbed a few this weekend and installed one into my wife's quad core 775 system. Dead silent, and it handles OCCT, Prime95 and Orthos tests rather well: I could only get it to 62 degrees maximum after all my various stress tests. I'll be putting the other into my media center.

/facepalm

Ok so when you have a 80cfm fan trying to push air through a rad and you have a 40cfm fan on the other side, how much air do you think actually makes it through?

Tip: Its not 80cfm

Are you kidding me? The 80cfm fan isn't pushing 80cfm through a radiator anyways. Additional fan, even if slower, still helps reduce restriction on the other fan.

Last post at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-189402.html

Adding a significantly weaker fan to a single high-powered fan improved airflow in EVERY setup except for one. Even adding a 1200RPM S-Flex to a 3000RPM UltraKaze improved performance over the UltraKaze by itself.

Let's please not take this HotDeals thread further off track here now.

Thought I would mention how I installed my second fan, it's rigging it but you don't need to buy anything. I installed it on my rear exhaust fan on my tower. When I installed the backplate I did not use the double sided sticky pads (really don't need to). I installed it (without using the included fan) to my rear case fan using the included longer screws. I then cut one of the sticky pads in half and used that to stick the included fan to the other side of the radiator so now I have two fans blowing the air out the back of my case.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Corsair...=1218115623560&skuId=9503771&st=h50&cp=1&lp=1

I would still go check in store if I were you. Cause for what its worth, I went in today to pick one up before I checked this thread, not realizing it had gone up to $50. It rang up as $50 at the register, but the tag out on the floor still said $39.99, so they honored that price. So I would at least go check in person if your BB isn't too far away. Worst case scenario, you end up paying the $50 you were going to anyway. So I think it's at least worth a shot before you go ahead and order online. :)

dude i just got it day, its 50$ in the system right now but i said it only cost 40$ on the price tag so they adjust the price back lol and i also heard the guy said the offer doesn't end till June something.

dude i just got it day, its 50$ in the system right now but i said it only cost 40$ on the price tag so they adjust the price back lol and i also heard the guy said the offer doesn't end till June something.

I thought of this after I posted. I'm hoping this is the case. This is not one time I want to refer to the online price for price-matching.

:p

Thought I would mention how I installed my second fan, it's rigging it but you don't need to buy anything. I installed it on my rear exhaust fan on my tower. When I installed the backplate I did not use the double sided sticky pads (really don't need to). I installed it (without using the included fan) to my rear case fan using the included longer screws. I then cut one of the sticky pads in half and used that to stick the included fan to the other side of the radiator so now I have two fans blowing the air out the back of my case.

Interesting idea.
I am also trying to figure out a way to mount the rad in a similar fashion without the need for additional hardware. It just doesn't seem like that is quite as reliable of a bond as I would like.

Interesting idea.
I am also trying to figure out a way to mount the rad in a similar fashion without the need for additional hardware. It just doesn't seem like that is quite as reliable of a bond as I would like.

It's not. You ALWAYS want to have fans secured properly inside a case. Imagine if the bond were to fail and you have this high speed fan bouncing around inside. That could cause some serious damage...

It's not. You ALWAYS want to have fans secured properly inside a case. Imagine if the bond were to fail and you have this high speed fan bouncing around inside. That could cause some serious damage...
Yeah, especially since it costs practically nothing to get a few screws (chances are you already have them in a toolbox or something)

Interesting idea.

Use 2x screws each side...

Yeah I should probably head out and grab a few screws to be safe. I wish they would have included them for a second fan.

Yeah I should probably head out and grab a few screws to be safe. I wish they would have included them for a second fan.

You get 4 bolts in the box, just use 2 per side on opposite corners. Not rocket science, common sense.

I have had fans attached like that for years without issue. They are not magically going to vibrate the screws off and go flying all over your case.

You get 4 bolts in the box, just use 2 per side on opposite corners. Not rocket science, common sense.

I have had fans attached like that for years without issue. They are not magically going to vibrate the screws off and go flying all over your case.

Hey way to complete negate your helpfulness by being a jerk about it.

You have to be careful doing this as well. If you overtighten the screws, you can actually compromise the integrity of the radiator in the corners, which may eventually lead to a leak. Probably not, but it's possible...

I think common sense would be to put 4 bolts on each fan like it was designed but neither of us went that route did we.

I think common sense would be to put 4 bolts on each fan like it was designed but neither of us went that route did we.

I used two tiny screws to hold up a 2x120mm radiator for about 2 years. Never had a bit of a problem. Is it ideal? Of course not. Is it going to be a problem? Of course not.

I would still go check in store if I were you. Cause for what its worth, I went in today to pick one up before I checked this thread, not realizing it had gone up to $50. It rang up as $50 at the register, but the tag out on the floor still said $39.99, so they honored that price. So I would at least go check in person if your BB isn't too far away. Worst case scenario, you end up paying the $50 you were going to anyway. So I think it's at least worth a shot before you go ahead and order online. :)

Got the same deal today...$40 on the shelf tag...$50 at the register...they price matched back to the shelf tag. ;)

lol what?

OCCT power supply stress test full load with stock cooler @ 4 ghz= 87C

OCCT power supply stress test full load with H50 2 fans push/pull @ 4 ghz = 52C.

Idle 23c....I'd say this is a good cooler.

:confused::eek::cool:

Just installed it, only a few degrees cooler though. I did twist it a bit to try to get it aligned so probably the paste got kind of spreaded. Also I hear this really fast "clicking" noise coming from the pump. It is quiet though. :/

Just installed it, only a few degrees cooler though. I did twist it a bit to try to get it aligned so probably the paste got kind of spreaded. Also I hear this really fast "clicking" noise coming from the pump. It is quiet though. :/

Before anyone else does this... When you put the bracket on, you are supposed to leave it very loose. Then you should be holding up the bracket when you put in the block and do the twist, so nothing touches the CPU. After that, you just start screwing in the bracket while still pulling up a bit on the waterblock. That will lower it down onto the CPU without the paste getting smeared and broken up.

Before anyone else does this... When you put the bracket on, you are supposed to leave it very loose. Then you should be holding up the bracket when you put in the block and do the twist, so nothing touches the CPU. After that, you just start screwing in the bracket while still pulling up a bit on the waterblock. That will lower it down onto the CPU without the paste getting smeared and broken up.

My bracket was very loose, but when I twisted it, it accidentally touch the cpu, I should of did what you mentioned. :( Thanks for posting this so others won't make the same mistake I did. Worst case is I clean up and re apply thermal paste. I also have the corsair fan as exhaust instead of intake as what the manual said. Could that be a factor too ? Thanks!

My bracket was very loose, but when I twisted it, it accidentally touch the cpu, I should of did what you mentioned. :( Thanks for posting this so others won't make the same mistake I did. Worst case is I clean up and re apply thermal paste. I also have the corsair fan as exhaust instead of intake as what the manual said. Could that be a factor too ? Thanks!

Mine works much better as an intake, however I also have two exhaust fans on top of my case. YMMV!

is it a good idea to have this cooler when your pc is on and off alot (Sleep mode) ?

For those that are looking to add a second fan to the rad and discovering the lack of additional screws to do so, try these guys (6-32 1-1/4" Machine Screw) They are recommended on Corsair's forum. For thicker fans beyond 25mm, I would go with 1-1/2" screws though I'm not sure that would be enough for 38mm fans.

Hm. Still tempting even at $50. I have a $15 GC to use. My 212+ keeps me at about 30-35C idle and maybe 45C on heavy load.

Not sure what improvement I would see.

It says $49 on the website but the shelf still says $39. Go get one.

Think I'll pass. Don't really have the extra cash now and I will probably pick up Infamous2.

I went in on yesterday and they had already changed the shelf price to 50, made me all :( They had like 5 left too.

Back