Corsair h115i cooler - question about temps in game

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd

Hello. Its my friend gameplay from Assassin Creed Origins. Temps like in posted clip are 90-100C. Is this normal for H115i cooler? 8700K processor

I would certainly worry of gaming temps that high, clearly something isn't right with that setup, being the cooler not seated properly or the pump not connected properly, he have to be sure the pump it's connected to a fan header with speed control disabled (always providing full voltage to the pump), or to a pump header (if apply to his mobo).. also check in the corsair link software the pump speed and profile.

I must said that i have 8700K too, and i have the same temps like him 85-100C, but on cooler Cryorig M9i. Cpu is on 4700MHZ and MCE. XMP too on.

On other games temps are like 70-85C. Only AC Origins making my cpu that hot.

So i must change cooler ?

I must said that i have 8700K too, and i have the same temps like him 85-100C, but on cooler Cryorig M9i. Cpu is on 4700MHZ and MCE. XMP too on.

On other games temps are like 70-85C. Only AC Origins making my cpu that hot.

So i must change cooler ?
Yes your cooler is small

His should be fine but he has some other issue

I would certainly worry of gaming temps that high, clearly something isn't right with that setup, being the cooler not seated properly or the pump not connected properly, he have to be sure the pump it's connected to a fan header with speed control disabled (always providing full voltage to the pump), or to a pump header (if apply to his mobo).. also check in the corsair link software the pump speed and profile.

I think also depending what motherboard he has, he might need to manually set voltage settings if he connect his pump connector to the motherboard.

Log your voltage in game.
Eliminate issues like plastic film, bad thermal paste from installation liftoff, light torque on the mounting screws.

Take your case front off, if you mounted it in front.

Make sure your aio fans aren't set to low, either in Corsair link or a case fan bus.

Make sure the arrows on your aio fans agree, and are sucking cool air in.

Above all else crank your resolution up and see if that helps.

I use an H115i, my buddies are using h110v2's on 8700ks, and I know a couple 7820/7900 guys with H115i's that aren't seeing 90's.

Back