Corsair H110GT pump died. Replacement?

LOCO LAPTOP

[H]F Junkie
I came home to my PC being off and It never happens it's a 24/7 on a massive battery backup that even an hour long power outage won't shut it off.

I turn it on and very quickly it slowed down and saw the cpu at low clock speed before shutting off. I knew what happened.

With that said, I don't know what I want to get. I didn't really like this cooler with my 5930k at 4.5Ghz (1.270v) as it got very hot reaching 85C when maxed out for a few minutes. So far my options seem to be a Corsair H150i PRO or going with a custom loop again but after pricing it out it will be a little over $400 for some quality stuff.

Then I saw these:
Alphacool Eissturm Hurricane Copper 45 3x120mm -Complete Kit
http://www.performance-pcs.com/alphacool-eissturm-hurricane-copper-45-3x120mm-complete-kit.html

EK-KIT P360 Premium Watercooler Kit - R1.3
https://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-kit-p360-premium-watercooler-kit.html

What are the thoughts on those two complete kits? I know the EK kit is a good quality kit but are these advisable? Or is it a waste and I should go with another AIO?

My case is a Corsair 750D and 45mm thick radiator would the max I would go due to space limitations

Look up repair video's they can usually be cleaned and brought back to life.

Big air coolers will often perform on par with AIOs at a lower cost and with fewer points of failure.

Watercooling is fun and neat, but a terrible value that will require maintenance and cause downtime for your rig. If you just want a performing replacement for your dead Corsair, I'd be looking at a big-ass Noctua HSF.

Big air coolers will often perform on par with AIOs at a lower cost and with fewer points of failure.

Watercooling is fun and neat, but a terrible value that will require maintenance and cause downtime for your rig. If you just want a performing replacement for your dead Corsair, I'd be looking at a big-ass Noctua HSF.

I had a big Noctua HSF and got rid of it because it wouldn't fit correctly on the EVGA x99 Classified and blocks the top PCI-E slot. At this point I rather do one of the two kits honestly. Cheaper then doing my own and the EK has the D5 pump (which I have a spare of as well) which would be a bonus.

EDIT: Found my invoice, I will be doing an RMA and still under warranty for 5 more months, to the day.

Last edited:
I had a big Noctua HSF and got rid of it because it wouldn't fit correctly on the EVGA x99 Classified and blocks the top PCI-E slot. At this point I rather do one of the two kits honestly. Cheaper then doing my own and the EK has the D5 pump (which I have a spare of as well) which would be a bonus.

EDIT: Found my invoice, I will be doing an RMA and still under warranty for 5 more months, to the day.
You...saved the receipt.

Brilliant.

As for the rest - if I have a machine running 27/4 I'll go out of my way to use air coolers. I understand the problem you're having going that route, and that is unfortunate. However, I've had one AIO die - and I'm taking my current Enermax AIO apart, adding a reservoir, refilling...etc. There's a lot more complexity, which breeds failure.

WoW 5 years..now you got your moneys worth out of it...and now a free replacement to boot..
A Win Win in my book

As others have said a good air cooler is best way forward in my mind too. Maybe get an air cooler that fits and sell replacement CLC to pay for it.

If you think like we do tell us what motheboard, case and RAM do you have and we can help you figure out a good low-cost air cooling setup.

You...saved the receipt.

Brilliant.

I started scanning receipts a few years ago for appliance purchases, and uploading them to Google Drive. Air Conditioners, Washer/Dryers, etc. Stuff you expect to need to use the warranty on. An AIO is DEFINITELY something I'd scan.

I started scanning receipts a few years ago for appliance purchases, and uploading them to Google Drive. Air Conditioners, Washer/Dryers, etc. Stuff you expect to need to use the warranty on. An AIO is DEFINITELY something I'd scan.

Thankfully all that stuff is in my emails and I ordered it from Newegg.

I ended up getting the EK kit, didn't like any of the air coolers honestly. I will be getting two 45 or 90' for the water pump to make it a cleaner install but well worth it, 15c drop at idle, 8-10c drop on full load and much quieter too.

50434657_2209897965892502_3453297548733710336_n.jpg

Thankfully all that stuff is in my emails and I ordered it from Newegg.

I ended up getting the EK kit, didn't like any of the air coolers honestly. I will be getting two 45 or 90' for the water pump to make it a cleaner install but well worth it, 15c drop at idle, 8-10c drop on full load and much quieter too.

View attachment 138650
Looks good and agree 90 degree fittings on pump would improve appearances, but they add more flow resistance thus lowering flow a little. ;)
How are GPU temps?

Looks good and agree 90 degree fittings on pump would improve appearances, but they add more flow resistance thus lowering flow a little. ;)
How are GPU temps?

75c tops with the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 11Ghz mem speed bios.

That's reasonable, especially if it's doing that at low noise levels.

I don't even hear it. I personally would like it lower but there isn't a bios editor for 10 series cards as far as I'm aware. I know there's software but I tend to have issues with them.

Damn, he kept the receipt, takes the smart-ass fun out of threads like this.

I still haven't received my replacement yet. They just shipped out the replacement yesterday.

EDIT: RMA Process:

Arrived

2019-01-28 20:12

Processing

2019-01-31 17:15

Shipped

2019-02-12 03:10

Last edited:
Back