Corsair H110GT in NZXT h440 placement.

UrbN

Limp Gawd
I purchased the H110GT and H440 all at the same time, did the whole setup, and went to install in the typical location, top of the case etc.. I ran into the problem of the radiator not fitting up there. I was going by the installation guides, and seeing how most people have their setups in the case. I ended up taking the Corsair out and the 3 x fans in the front of the case. I put the 3 fans as exhaust on the top of the case, and put the H110GT in the front of the case.. I made the radiator the intake, Fans in the front, and the radiator facing the CPU... I guess i'm so used to putting fans in the front as an intake, Is there a MAJOR problem that I could run into, temps were super low, but didnt have a burn in period of playing games hours on end to test temps, Is that a problem, or should I have left the H110GT above CPU, or even switching the placement of the radiator and fan in the front.. Thanks for the help in advance, sorry for such a long post...

I actually see a lot of people place 240mm AIO on the front of the case due to 1) clearance issues with space above CPU/motherboard and 2) intake temps are cooler.

I don't think there will be any issues with your set up from a temperature standpoint. I remember reading on my H60 something along the lines that Corsair actually recommended it as an intake.

Thanks for the reply, I was keeping an eyes on the temps, everything seemed to be running fine, I do have enough space underneath the radiator to place another intake fan just in case the inside gets too hot, but under load it's 43c, and the video card 70c under load at 144hz. It just seems that every picture that i've seen everyone has the top mount, started seeing a lot of front mounted but i had to search.. Thanks again i'll keep an update on temps in case.

I have the h100 i ended up Front mounting it for the same reason of clearance. I drilled couple holes to mount a 120mm fan below the radiator also.

I have the h100 i ended up Front mounting it for the same reason of clearance. I drilled couple holes to mount a 120mm fan below the radiator also.

I did mount the fan, i like the idea of some air being able to flow in, and temps are running really well..

Back