CORSAIR H100i v2 Replacement Thermal Compound?

babyivan

n00b
I recently was giving a USED Corsair H100i V2 Water Cooler.

i usually use whatever thermal paste that is pre applied but this cooler has been completely cleaned,
so im not sure what kind of paste i should purchase.

I have a I-5 4590 and live close to frys electronics and also have amazon prime.

Would something like THIS work fine for me? What do you suggest

I wont be doing any overclocking.

Thanks!

that's actually a generic version of Shin-etsu G751, Which it's probably the best non-metal TIM out there in the market since well like 30 years ago, and that's exactly the TIM used by corsair for all of their products, it's the main reason why people never get same cooling performance after paste change from the original pre-applied paste versus even other high-end TIMs, Shin Etsu have 2 large partners MicroSI and Masscool to cover worldwide market, As you can see here: Masscool G751 Shin-etsu the paste itself is called Shin Etsu G751 under Masscool brand name.

So, well yes, you will be fine buying that.. only bad thing about that syringe it's the fact that it will only give about ~3 uses or 4 at most, it's an expensive TIM, but is the best and you won't be loosing cooling potential from your original pre-applied TIM.

that's actually a generic version of Shin-etsu G751, Which it's probably the best non-metal TIM out there in the market since well like 30 years ago, and that's exactly the TIM used by corsair for all of their products, it's the main reason why people never get same cooling performance after paste change from the original pre-applied paste versus even other high-end TIMs, Shin Etsu have 2 large partners MicroSI and Masscool to cover worldwide market, As you can see here: Masscool G751 Shin-etsu the paste itself is called Shin Etsu G751 under Masscool brand name.

So, well yes, you will be fine buying that.. only bad thing about that syringe it's the fact that it will only give about ~3 uses or 4 at most, it's an expensive TIM, but is the best and you won't be loosing cooling potential from your original pre-applied TIM.

I dont plan on building another PC anytime soon so ill probably lose the syringe before i build another haha. Thanks for the input! really appreciate it

Yeah, that shin etsu stuff is good. and a very good value. Gelid GC extreme is usually the very best, in reviews. But it also costs like $12

*should not be confused with Gelid's GC-2, a much inferior product.

Shin etsu is what I would recommend also - I was told on their forum that is what they use for OEM compound

Back