Corsair H100 - Push Pull or Stock Config

Artex

Weaksauce
Hey All,

Back in the days of the H50 and other closed loop coolers, a push/pull config with high static pressure fans was the way to go. Is this still recommended or is the default config with stock Corsair fans a viable solution for optimal performance?

H100 what version?. vanilla H100? H100i? H100i V2?. anyway, push/pull it's always the best way of noise/performance ratio as you will be allowed to use the fans at lower speed than only push or pull.. specially if it's used as the "default" configuration which it's push exhaust..

I ask about versions of the coolers, because the H100i have considerably better fans than the ones on the vanilla H100i. and the h100i V2 have a bit improved version of the h100i. As a owner of the three units, I can say the h100i and h100i v2 are good enough with stock fans in push only configuration, they need to run at a range of 1500RPM - 1800RPM to achieve the same level of cooling than those same coolers in push/pull at ~1000RPM - 1200RPM range.. fans are decent quality high static pressure so not much to worry about.

Back