Corsair H100 Extreme Perf. Liquid CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

i dont think it will work.. Unless you mount it on the outside of the case.. and/or do some cutting on ya case..

But i think that case is one of the best air cooled cases they make

Read about the last 5 pages - my question is about the diode mod. My 12v reads 12.18v according to E-Leet. Should I put the diode in or wait and see if I have any pump noise. Just got a new H100 and don't want to have to take it in and out a bunch of times if I don't have to. Also, if I need the diode, what size and a pic would be nice? :)

Are you satisfied with it liquid ? I was tempted to buy one of those but the looks of it didnt appeal, they seem very poor quality build.

Whats your opinion »?

Still sitting in the box. It just came today. Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before install. I also have a fan controller I can hook it to if need be.

Is there a certain "batch" of these that are more prone to issues? I would be under the assumption that this is a newer batch - depending on if NewEgg rotates their inventory.....

Probably use 2x120mm and the 2 200s that are already in the top of my case. Hoping to get it installed tonight.

Cool, keep us updated man i would really love to see how it looks. Maybe ill get one, ive read like 13 reviews and all made me doubt about the product.
Do you feel the material cheap ? Like very plastic alike?

I have to say that I'm a big Corsair fan and over 10+ years only had to rma 2 items - a stick of ram and a H50. Obviously this made me a little skeptical but a 5 year warranty and good customer service squashed that enough to try it. For what it is, it looks user friendly and moderately heavy duty. The only thing I'm iffy on is the sporadic pump noise issue. Hopefully mine won't have it. If it does, hopefully the fan controller or diode trick will fix that.

Any answers on my previous questions, guys?

Cant answer man because i dont know what to say, im not into that info but it would be nice to hear from an expert.

I have to say that I'm a big Corsair fan and over 10+ years only had to rma 2 items - a stick of ram and a H50. Obviously this made me a little skeptical but a 5 year warranty and good customer service squashed that enough to try it. For what it is, it looks user friendly and moderately heavy duty. The only thing I'm iffy on is the sporadic pump noise issue. Hopefully mine won't have it. If it does, hopefully the fan controller or diode trick will fix that.

Any answers on my previous questions, guys?

Corsair have admitted its an issue with their manufacturing and quality control, and have since isolated the issues in production which were causing the pump noise. As a result, they are providing RMAs to anyone whose unit suffers from this issue.

Both my brother and I got advanced RMA (to Australia no less) replacement units which are noise free, so a huge thumbs up to Corsair for looking after their customers.

My first takes:

1. Kind of cheaply made but will do the job and endure fine if not removed and installed wrecklessly. I have used full blown loops before so I already knew that you get what you pay for. Costs about the same as a top-end hsf.

2. Make sure you plan your install. Install the block / pump first as you may not be able to after the rad is in. In the Phantom, brackets are used which make the 200mms useable but drops the rad an inch or two thus covering the end of the ram and part of the pump/block assy.

3. I used the 200mms and the included Corsair 120mms. The NZXT fans are virtually silent at any speed. The Corsairs were silent in the first fan profile. The second profile, you can definitely that they are there. The third profile, loud and didn't drop temps enough to be worth the noise.

4. My idle temps immediately dropped around 10*C from the TR Ultima-90 temp resulting at about an average of 22*C - 25*C across all six cores

5.Bench temps. I ran 5 runs of Linx with a problem size of 25000 in each fan profile. Ambient 22.7*C
Profile 1 - ended with about the same as the Ultima - peaked at 53*C on the hottest core.
Profile 2 - this is where the H100 started to shine. Hottest core peaked at 48*C!
Profile 3 - was hoping for a little more since by now the fans are screaming. For the jump in db and fan rpm , this profile only yielded a temp drop of 1*C , peaking at 47*C on the hottest core.

All of this quick testing was done on the rig in my sig with no overclocking. At some point, I will upgrade do some GTs and retest to see if there will be any difference. I plan on some pretty heavy overclocking , so we'll see what it can really do when six cores of heat are being pumped into it.

Oh yeah, no pump noise. I did do a bench run on it before install to make sure there was no air in the pump. I was concerned about the 12v as my psu put out 12.18v which was a hot spot for pump noise . Corsair seems to have fixed that issue - at least on this batch - #12209403. Seems like noise was on others, was coming in above the 2200rpm mark. Mine seems to run around the 2000rpm mark - give or take 50rpm.

Any questions, ask away........

8/24 - periodic pump noise but nothing drastic. Gonna wait a couple of weeks and see if it subsides..............................................

Last edited:
ive been using the H100 for my recent build, and love it. my only problem is.... are my temps alright? i didnt have thermal paste so i used the pre-applied paste. i have a stock-clocked i5-3570k and i idle around 27-29*C, and im not sure about temps while gaming (havent looked yet tbh).

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Don't know about the 3570k but my 970 idles just under 30*C with a mild oc. When at stock, I was bumping around 25*C on the hottest core. This is on the middle fan setting with the Corsair fans.

On another note, pump noise has went away and is virtually silent ;)

Hi Everyone,

Been using the H100 since November 2011 and didn't have problems until recently. The unit has been making hissing sounds, and I found that when i tap the hose, it will sometimes buzz loudly. See video for example. Anyone else experience this problem? Should I contact Corsair about it? I suppose I could just not touch it, but is this an indication that it's going to go out on me? I'd hate to have a ticking time bomb in my computer = (

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrtovd5hp0bmepd/VID_20120906_191115.mp4

Hi Everyone,

Been using the H100 since November 2011 and didn't have problems until recently. The unit has been making hissing sounds, and I found that when i tap the hose, it will sometimes buzz loudly. See video for example. Anyone else experience this problem? Should I contact Corsair about it? I suppose I could just not touch it, but is this an indication that it's going to go out on me? I'd hate to have a ticking time bomb in my computer = (

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrtovd5hp0bmepd/VID_20120906_191115.mp4

I would probably look into contacting the whitehouse or the FBI, they may have an idea why your corsair cooler is acting up...

:p

Just thought I'd post up ias I finally got my h100 installed in my 650D cas. Pretty easy to do, I'm running a pull only, and I have no grinding.

I'm new to liquid cooling, so please pardon the stupidity of this question: do you have to add coolant to the H100 to use it? If not, do you ever have to change the coolant in it?

I'm new to liquid cooling, so please pardon the stupidity of this question: do you have to add coolant to the H100 to use it? If not, do you ever have to change the coolant in it?

The liquid is already in and self-contained... You don't ever have to change it unless there is a malfunction.

I have had mine for 6-7 months now and it runs quiet and cool, just like advertised. I saw no issues with build quality at all with mine. I couldn't be happier.

The liquid is already in and self-contained... You don't ever have to change it unless there is a malfunction.

I have had mine for 6-7 months now and it runs quiet and cool, just like advertised. I saw no issues with build quality at all with mine. I couldn't be happier.

Thanks! I think I'll be picking this puppy up to ease into the liquid cooling game. :D

Might want to hang on for another week or two because the H100i and H80i are supposed to be out then. They're supposed to be better performing, quieter and have some good software. Thing is they're supposed to be priced at the same as the current gen so that should mean we'll see some clearance sales on the last gen stuff hopefully.

Might want to hang on for another week or two because the H100i and H80i are supposed to be out then. They're supposed to be better performing, quieter and have some good software. Thing is they're supposed to be priced at the same as the current gen so that should mean we'll see some clearance sales on the last gen stuff hopefully.

Nice, I missed that completely... thanks for the update.

Thanks for the tip! I think I will wait to see how they are, since what I'm reading says they'll be out this month.

I'm hoping they make it this month. I almost pulled the trigger on the Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme last night cause Newegg had it for $110 shipped but am just a little skeered about TT based on their older stuff. Yeah I know this is new and there aren't any widespread reports of failure but I'm gonna wait til the new Corsair stuff comes out and gets reviewed.

Just thought Id post this up here cause Im about to giggle like a little school girl. I had a Hyper 212+ running push/pull and at 4.4 GHz on my FX-8150 at 1.375V, I was getting 61-62C running Intel Burn Test. I just bought a H100 on price match at Best Buy for $103 and just fired up IBT. 45C! That is awesome!

That is also on the 2nd level setting. At that setting, its not louder than my dual fan Hyper was. I tried it on Max settings and it stayed at 45C but got a lot louder so Im gonna leave it at level 2 for now. I made sure the lot number was in the 2012 year and well into it like week 29 I think it was and Ive got a very quiet pump. Guess I got lucky.

Man I cant wait to dive into this BIOS and see what this FX can really do!

Last edited:
Haven't done my burn test yet with the H100i with my 3930k but I am looking forward to it I'm 1C above ambient currently! So far I'm loving it! To include the built in Corsair Link controls!

Will post results soon!

What's your ambient? I have the H100 on mine and my ambient is around 20 and H100's cooling it between 30-75.

Does anyone know if the H100i supports LGA775? I know it isn't listed as a supported socket type, but the H100 does support LGA775, which is why I ask.

Already grabbed one for my CPU, and an Antec Kuhler 920 for my GPU.

It came out quite a bit cheaper than a custom loop ... I want to see how these AIO solutions do. I've always been a solid supporter of air cooling, but I can't bash something I haven't tried :)

I have the H100 as well and if you cool the baby right with cool air from winter. Or as I like to refer to my H100 as the freezer since I can get 0C temps on it with my windows open. I live in North Dakota.

The H100 is great for benching as long as you have cold air for it. got 5.5 Ghz on my 3770K with only my H100. Love this thing.

So I can't post in the FS threads yet since I'm new to the forum, but I just purchase the H100 and it doesn't fit my case :(
The mounting holes are to close together...that being said I have a brand new never been used H100 for sale. Pm me if interested

Just got a h100i. Hopefully it has no leaking problem. I had an h100 in the pass that decided to start leaking so I had to upgrade

Thinking about getting this closed loop if I pick up a 3770K. Have they gotten any better? I remember they were very noise/grindy and the pump failed often. Better options than this?

Back