Corsair H100 Extreme Perf. Liquid CPU Cooler Review @ [H]

The 800D/700D do for sure. Some motherboards will work in push/pull with the 650D, but most won't.

Looks neat but based on the numbers presented a high-end air cooler (TR Silver Arrow/Archon) can perfom about as well but with less noise. To me that seems kind of ironic, although this cooler won't interfere with your memory. Then again, you have to find a spot for a radiator I guess.

the OC speed load temp was 37 (push/pull - high) and 43 (push – low) with the H100

this is a different review but about the same scenario (i7 920 at 3.6GHz/1.45v) and the load temperature with the Silver Arrow was 44 which is more than the worst H100 result (push-low) and with higher sound level.

the same H100 worst result is also better than any of the coolers in this review, so if price and space is not an issue I guess this is the best in the market (at least until the Asetek WaterChill 2011C arrives).

I’m thinking about squeezing this in the front of the Lian Li PC-V354 but not sure if it will fit even after cutting a hole in the case floor and using a longer feet.

It would be much appreciated if someone posted some pictures of the H100 installed in their 800D. Thanks!

enough hose to hang this out the back like a swiftec?
90deg fittings are the problem with all these units.

Is it possible to disconnect the tubing on any of these? I have a Lian-Li PC-V1010b and mounting the cooler inside might be difficult but I could attach the rad unit outside as I've seen in many water cooled setups with this case. I'm just not sure how it would be possible with this type of sealed water cooler. Ideally I'd run the tubes through the cases supplied tube holes in the top of the case and mount the radiator on the back when the 120mm fan exhaust is.

Is that possible? In not what should I be looking at? I'm looking to replace my NH-U12P SE and wondering if this would be a good upgrade.

This makes me sad. I don't want to see good numbers from a cooler I can't fit without modding my case... ;)

Thanks for the review [H].

Looks nice, but if a $25 Hyper 212+ can handle my 2500k @ 4.5 without breaking a sweat, I can't see me paying 50% of the cost of my cpu to keep it even cooler. I guess I could try extreme OC, but since my rig is for gaming, that's not going to give e a lot of return for the money. Obvious I'm not their target audience for the H100 :p

fits a cm 690 advance 2 in the bottom.

I have a cm 690 II advanced, I invisioned putting it on the top, will the tubes reach the bottom? That actually makes me wonder where the best place for it is.... I could totally do a push pull on the bottom, then have 2 140's blowing out the top...:eek:

,,,,,hmm.... Interesting.... Although I would probably still use 120mm fans on the top since I have already bought them, I can use the fans it came with and do a push pull into the case. That's going to be sweet...

Last edited:
Yep just ordered mine from Newegg - can't wait for it to get here so I can ditch the stock cooler I've been using for the last month while waiting for this to finally hit stores.

I am glad to see an air cooler compared in the charts. Now we can compare what are the original concerns for CPU coolers: performance\cost. Not that we are already, but does it really matter that your CPU is below 40 degrees under load? I figure anything under 60 is just barely okay, under 50 is fine, 40's are where is starts to get meaningless IMO. Cooling is a means to an end, and the end is speed. And I am not trying to push 5GHz overclocks.

H100 looks great, and I want one. But I also want over 500 HP in my car, is that any use to me? No. Until we get 400 watt CPU's, I don't see that this much cooling is useful for more than bragging rights. It is harder to find a case to fit this than a large air cooler.

Looks great in the window, I wonder if I can get some trickle-down tech from this later one.

The 800D/700D do for sure. Some motherboards will work in push/pull with the 650D, but most won't.

Was hoping I could do push/pull in my 650D, but sadly, it probably won't happen. :(
We'll see when my H100 arrives though.

Was hoping I could do push/pull in my 650D, but sadly, it probably won't happen. :(
We'll see when my H100 arrives though.

you should be able to do push/pull with the 650D, with the radiator mounted inside at the top worst case scenario is if you cant fit all 4 fans inside the case the 2 pull fans would be outside the case on the top which would have the same results as if they were actually in the case if you dont have the clearance for all 4 fans internal.

you should be able to do push/pull with the 650D, with the radiator mounted inside at the top worst case scenario is if you cant fit all 4 fans inside the case the 2 pull fans would be outside the case on the top which would have the same results as if they were actually in the case if you dont have the clearance for all 4 fans internal.

Ya, thought about that, but it would probably ruin the aesthetics of the case.

dont be such a [H]ard lite... aesthetics be damned its about the performance!

cpu-cooler-with-66-fans-241107.jpg

I don't understand why push/pull can't fit in all full tower cases? What I'm missing?

Any idea if it fits inside an FT02? Was thinking about replacing my Noctua D14; not sure if it's worth spending the extra $60 or so though

Maybe I'm crazy but I think this thing might slap onto the rear fans in my antec 1200. Just swap a few screws around...

I guess I'll find out after the first.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a train wreck. That's entirely possible with me =(

dont be such a [H]ard lite... aesthetics be damned its about the performance!

cpu-cooler-with-66-fans-241107.jpg

Nice case - can hear anything in the same room with that, lol and hows the electric bill, running it 24/7 ?? I'd go for case like that if the power / noise were tolerable.

Does anyone know if this can be mounted to the top of a Lian Li Lancool K62 case?

Nice case - can hear anything in the same room with that, lol and hows the electric bill, running it 24/7 ?? I'd go for case like that if the power / noise were tolerable.

i dont know its not my case i just found a random pic to post since it fit what i was trying to say.

No way it will fit in my Antec P180B, so I may just stick with my original plan and go with the H80. My first foray into WC, and having to hang a big rad off the back of the case means clearance issues in the PC desk I have.

Ordered last night. I'll see how well it fits the Level 10GT. Shouldn't be an issue as there is gobs of room.

Ordered mine, on the way! I'll be damned if I go back to an air cooler again with them getting so huge! I don't care if they are so much cheaper. I love the space with this product and it will fit perfectly in my 800D case. I'm really surprised this did not get a Gold Award. Price should not be as important if it beats everything else in performance.

royal PIA with the h100 getting it to properly contact my 920 on x58-ud4p and my temps are still not as good as they could be. need to work on this stupid thing...ugh

mayve its the bottom plate on the mobo under the socket that casuing issues?

Back