Corsair Graphite Series 780T Lucky Draw!

Love the variety and range of options available.I am currently using a 750D and an Air 240 and have enjoyed working with both.

Suggestions: Either include high quality case fans, or none at all. That way you sell the case for a few dollars less and the end user gets to select the fans they want.

I'd love to do this.

But unfortunately people are convinced that cases that come without fans are "budget" cases. And to be honest, throwing 2-3 fans into a case is not that expensive, and wouldn't save much retail - maybe $5-$10?

So $149 with three fans or $139 with no fans - it makes it a very easy call to include the fans.

And if you want to upgrade the fans to something nicer, say, PWM with fluid dynamic bearings, you need to double the cost of the fans - so you got to $159 with three good fans - and the problem then is that the majority of the buyers don't know the difference.

I think that's something we're going to be changing though with future products - especially in the premium market.

So I do like the idea - and it is something we're working on internally.

I'd love to do this.

But unfortunately people are convinced that cases that come without fans are "budget" cases. And to be honest, throwing 2-3 fans into a case is not that expensive, and wouldn't save much retail - maybe $5-$10?

So $149 with three fans or $139 with no fans - it makes it a very easy call to include the fans.

And if you want to upgrade the fans to something nicer, say, PWM with fluid dynamic bearings, you need to double the cost of the fans - so you got to $159 with three good fans - and the problem then is that the majority of the buyers don't know the difference.

I think that's something we're going to be changing though with future products - especially in the premium market.

So I do like the idea - and it is something we're working on internally.

thanks for explaining this. I see your point. It does make me feel like I am buying fans I do not want, in the case of my 450D I kept the 3 existing fans for now, but will probably upgrade them in the future. Maybe the high end models should come with better fans.

Back