Corsair Graphite Series 600T mid-tower gaming case

Thanks tiger.

I may just get my own fan controller than. I am a bit disappointed about what people have had to say about the built-in fan controller. Seems to act more like a switch rather than a large dial controlling small voltage increments.

Do you guys think that cutting out the grill on the front intake fan will make it quieter? I've noticed that some fans are much louder when mounted on top as exhaust (intaking through the grill). Specifically with a Noctua NF-P12, I can set it on the top grill and it is much louder than it usually is but if I lift it a few centimeters it quiets down. It seems to me that the grill is too restrictive. I've taken out all the stock fans except the front and now it is the loudest thing in my rig. I think removing the grill will quiet it down but I don't want to start cutting the case without being sure. Any thoughts?

Really wish I had did my recent build with this case. I went with the sniper because Newegg charges another 25 dollars shipping on the 600T. But I hurt deep down whenever I see someone mention this case, I wanted it for my build so bad but couldn't afford it.

Well, I got my 600T case...only to send it back for a full refund.

The side panels didn't seem to fit very well (two of the corners were bowed and didn't fit flush), the fan controller was practically useless, and the front fan was incredibly noisy (high pitched whine along with a clicking sound).

After waiting for so long for it to be available, it was disappointing to say the least :(

Now considering the Fractal Define XL.

Really wish I had did my recent build with this case. I went with the sniper because Newegg charges another 25 dollars shipping on the 600T. But I hurt deep down whenever I see someone mention this case, I wanted it for my build so bad but couldn't afford it.

I have the sniper and I just bought the 600t. Both are real similar. I bought it mostly for the nice black inside and the rubber grommets. But was it worth the upgrade? Meh not really, The fans in the sniper are more powerful than the 600t's. Both are about the same size etc. So your not missing out on to much. I mean I love the 600t, but from what I was moving from it's not that big of difference. If I was buying new though, then I would go 600t.

Well, I got my 600T case...only to send it back for a full refund.

The side panels didn't seem to fit very well (two of the corners were bowed and didn't fit flush), the fan controller was practically useless, and the front fan was incredibly noisy (high pitched whine along with a clicking sound).

After waiting for so long for it to be available, it was disappointing to say the least :(

Now considering the Fractal Define XL.

I looked at the 600T at microcenter and now I'm thinking about the Fractal R3 as well. The Corsair is nice, but it just didn't feel up to par with the 700/800D. I knew going into it that it was steel/plastic v. aluminum, but the case kind of left me a little underwhelmed. The R3 can be had for just south of $150 with shipping, but I worry that it will be even lower quality given it's price point of $100.

Can the top 200mm exhaust fan be moved outside of the case so it sits under the mesh grill?

My case sits at an angle on my desk that allows the super bright white LEDs to shine right into my eyeballs all night long. The only other way that I see to block them is to install an optical drive in the 3rd slot down.

Other than that, this case is great. It's quiet, keeps everything cool, and routing all my cables was incredibly easy.

I asked before but i think it was lost at the end of the page.

Can any 600T owners send me pictures of what the side panels look like on the inner side.

Sorry for not reading through 40 pages, but how easy is it to fit a few rads in this guy?

Nevermind about my previous question. I tried taking mine apart when I got home and the fan only has mounts on one side, and it's a bit too thick to mount on the top of the case anyways. I flipped the 2 LEDs that were bugging me around and it seems to help.

mattym, I sent you a PM.
monst0r, you can fit a thin radiator on the top, like a double 120mm one, but that's about it...plus the usual 120mm rads where the rear fan mounts.

Redbeard, if you're still reading this, none of my front (or top in the case) panel connectors are sleeved all the way to the end. It's still a great case though!

Only thing I don't like about this case is that it doesn't have a window. Other than that this case seems well priced for what it is.

Got my case and put in my build.

The 200MM fans are very quiet but there is an annoying whine noise from the 200MM fans that I could see getting quite annoying over time.

What would be a good replacement?

I heard the Cooler Master Megaflows are good.

I just got my 600T yesterday. Took me a few hours to swap the parts in...
Corsair%20600T%20001.JPG

I like how you can move the Hard Drive cage out from in front of the fan. And I like how the back panel has plenty of room between it and the mb backplate. However, I don't really care for the fans themselves, they are quiet but they don't push much air. In desperation I had to stick a 120mm in the bottom of the 5.25" drive bay.

I guess I'll just have to get a Swiftech Edge kit and hang it out the back. Then later I can add another rad (in the top) and cool my video cards.

Note: This is not the system in my sig... :cool:

Got this case last week. Not sure I get the people talking about the "sound" from the 200mm fans. I can't hear mine at all, I had to check that they were even on !? Perhaps its more based on what you came from before, my past case was pretty loud comparitively.

Got this case last week. Not sure I get the people talking about the "sound" from the 200mm fans. I can't hear mine at all, I had to check that they were even on !? Perhaps its more based on what you came from before, my past case was pretty loud comparitively.

Sound from the 200mm fans?? :confused:

I'm inclined to think any "fan noise" is coming from the power supply, or the CPU fan/s, or the video card... Not from the 200mm fans. And any exception would be where one of those fans had failed somehow.

Sound from the 200mm fans?? :confused:

I'm inclined to think any "fan noise" is coming from the power supply, or the CPU fan/s, or the video card... Not from the 200mm fans. And any exception would be where one of those fans had failed somehow.

It is definitely from the 200MM fan, especially the front one.
I unplugged the front one while the system was still running and the annoying whine noise went away.

I ordered a CM mega flow to replace it.

Im convinced that its the mesh in front of the fan. My first fan was faulty, but the noise is still slightly there, however when just turning the fan on outside of the case, it seems perfectly quiet.

I put in the CM Megaflow and no whine noise.

Maybe it was a combination of the Corsair fan and the front mesh.
Or maybe I had a faulty fan but regardless the CM MF pushes much more air.

But with the CM MF and mesh there is no whine.

I have this case, overall it's great. One thing to keep in mind is that if your PSU sucks air in from the bottom and you have carpet it will be very hard got the PSU to get any air. I have to put a small block under each foot to raise the case about 3 inches so there was clearance for the PSU. If you are putting the case on a hard surface then this won't be an issue.

I have this case, overall it's great. One thing to keep in mind is that if your PSU sucks air in from the bottom and you have carpet it will be very hard got the PSU to get any air. I have to put a small block under each foot to raise the case about 3 inches so there was clearance for the PSU. If you are putting the case on a hard surface then this won't be an issue.

I made a small table to put my 650D on top of, So its off the floor.

I've got to pickup some blocks myself, going to grab 2 of these cinderblocks from lowes or HD.
cinderblock.png

So I built my system during the weekend in the black 600t meshed version...all went fine but the fans are far too loud for my taste. Searching this forum I learned that i could replace those fans. However, I am confused by the sheer availability of different fans...

I would like to replace the front fan with a Megaflow 200mm Silent and move the HDD cage back. That turns with 700 rpm and sucks 110 cfm in, right? This is the for the NZXT FS-200 Enthusiast Silent Case Fan, which one is better?

So: what do I need on top if I would like to use two 140mm? should they turn also with bout 700RPM so that the fan controller on the 600t scales all the fans nicely??? and should they exhaust about 110 cfm or more? Would that make the Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro-Series PK1 a perfect fit? They are silent and turn with 700 rpm. BitFenix Spectre PRO 140mm Lüfter turn with 1200 RPM, would that be better?

What about the rear fan?

Somewhere I was reading that the Fancontroller has some Voltage limitations...does that mean i can ruin it when using the wrong fans????

I would like the system to scale nicely if possible!

Sorry for all that questions but it is my first build!

thanks

I've got to pickup some blocks myself, going to grab 2 of these cinderblocks from lowes or HD.
cinderblock.png

IF you paint them with Plastic Coat Paint they will look awesome and the paint will harden very nicely if you give them time to dry and cure properly! I have used them for years!!!

Back