Corsair Graphite 600T

TT cases are garbage.. Aluminum is lighter and much nicer looking on the eye. This case is steel because corsair is trying to drive down cost to make a larger profit and to make a more lower end line.. This is like buying a $100 car and wondering why it doesn't have the same features as the $30,000 car.

You get what you pay for right? :D

I've heard only good things about this case, I am sure the fans will be sufficient for your needs.

I was thinking of getting one of these cases for my next build. I like the idea of the 240 rad on the top of the case. what I'm wondering is if there is room for fitting 2x120mm fans either inside the case on the rads or in the upper part outside the case underneath the mesh covering. My concern is that the height of the 240 rad with the 120mm fan would be too much and bump into the ram/heatsinks on my P6T mobo.

If anyone has one and could let me know I'd really appreciate it.

Where is the side fan on this case? My friend bought one for a linux machine and he has a passively cooled video card that is running a bit hotter since the last case we used had a side fan. Now they skipped it in this Corsair case. Why? We are looking into cutting a hole in the side panel and fitting a 240mm fan on it, anyone have any pointers as to whats the best way to cut a 240mm hole? Even if they had a 240mm hole saw, I'd recommend using a drill press which we don't have. The second option is a dremel circle cutter tool.

I'd wait a bit on cutting it.

Yay! Here comes a window side panel for the 600T!! :D

I don't really want a window, as much as I want at least one 120mm fan in the side panel near where the video cards would be. As it stands I've replaced all the fans and there still isn't enough cooling to keep my video cards at a reasonable temperature.

In fact, today I will be swapping my system back into a case with better cooling. Because I'm afraid if I don't I'll wind up over-heating my primary video card. :(

I don't really want a window, as much as I want at least one 120mm fan in the side panel near where the video cards would be. As it stands I've replaced all the fans and there still isn't enough cooling to keep my video cards at a reasonable temperature.

In fact, today I will be swapping my system back into a case with better cooling. Because I'm afraid if I don't I'll wind up over-heating my primary video card. :(

They will probably have that as well.

I run a single 5770 and my temps are 40 idle / 73 load.
My ambient is around 25C.

I could see in SLI things getting a bit toasty.

Can't talk about unannounced products obviously, but CES is about a month away, and everyone always has lots of cool stuff to announce around then.

Hope you guys announce a mid-tower 700D. I'm in for one!

Can't talk about unannounced products obviously, but CES is about a month away, and everyone always has lots of cool stuff to announce around then.

Just so you know. I'm waiting for you to announce a 600D so I can ditch my ATCS 840.

They will probably have that as well.

I run a single 5770 and my temps are 40 idle / 73 load.
My ambient is around 25C.

I could see in SLI things getting a bit toasty.

Now that I've made the switch, my GPU 1 Temps have dropped by 16°C. Sadly the HAF 932 makes me appreciate some of the 600T's features even more. This case has so little room behind the motherboard tray for cables... And the panels aren't nearly as easy to take off and put on.

Oh well! Once I get my EVGA board replaced I'll set up a system in the Corsair again, but next time I'll just use a single GTX-470. Hopefully it will do better with just one card.

Now that I've made the switch, my GPU 1 Temps have dropped by 16°C. Sadly the HAF 932 makes me appreciate some of the 600T's features even more. This case has so little room behind the motherboard tray for cables... And the panels aren't nearly as easy to take off and put on.

Oh well! Once I get my EVGA board replaced I'll set up a system in the Corsair again, but next time I'll just use a single GTX-470. Hopefully it will do better with just one card.

The room behind the motherboard tray on the 600T is pretty amazing...I have a LOT of cables back there and some times I think..how the heck did that close. But it does!

Anybody know of a floor stand that will fit this case? I have a tri monitor setup and no more room on the desk, so it has to go on the floor, but I cant find a computer stand that is wide enough for the 600t (10.5 inch width) Any Ideas?

Aluminium sux for cases. I have TT Tsunami which weights 12,3 lbs sure it looks awesome with that brushed aluminium front doors and aluminium side panels but it has extreme tendentions to resonate from working hdds or dvd drive. My friend who got TT Soprano (same case but metal and plastic) never had even one such problem.

It really depends on the case. Lian-Li and Apple do a great job with theirs, while others like ThermalTake do an awful job. Aluminum can resonate and is much flimsier than steel, which means that if you are going to use it then you have to do a really good job with it. Anyone can halfass a steel case, but a halfass job with aluminum is a disaster.

I went from a Lian-Li V1100 to the Corsair 800D, and I'm not at all disappointed going from all aluminum to mostly steel. It is well made and that is all that really matters.

It really depends on the case. Lian-Li and Apple do a great job with theirs, while others like ThermalTake do an awful job. Aluminum can resonate and is much flimsier than steel, which means that if you are going to use it then you have to do a really good job with it. Anyone can halfass a steel case, but a halfass job with aluminum is a disaster.

You're 100% right. And at the end of the day, the only thing aluminum really buys you is lower weight and increased price. And if you do it completely right (with thicker aluminum) the weight savings aren't even that high. Even within certain brands, like Lian-Li, some of their high-end cases have much better build quality than some of their lower-end stuff.

I'd wait a bit on cutting it.
I couldn't wait, and I cut a 200mm circle on the side for a nice and quiet fan. Sorry dude, a fan should have been on the side in the first place.

Otherwise its a good case, the side panels are easy to put on, unlike some other shit manufacturers out there.

Last edited:
I couldn't wait, and I cut a 200mm circle on the side for a nice and quiet fan. Sorry dude, a fan should have been on the side in the first place.

Otherwise its a good case, the side panels are easy to put on, unlike some other shit manufacturers out there.

No problem - doesn't bug me. Post some pics of your mod, I'd like to see it.

I would do that except I want at least some mesh to reduce the dust intake a smidge... That's why I might do a 120mm hole because there are fan-filters for that size fan.

I am looking at using the 600T for my next build. I was wondering if it was possible to put the radiator from an H50 or H70 on one of the top fan mounts instead of the rear exhaust mount?

I am looking at using the 600T for my next build. I was wondering if it was possible to put the radiator from an H50 or H70 on one of the top fan mounts instead of the rear exhaust mount?

I suppose you could. But it might not work too well because the metal grate at the top is restrictive. Here is a photo...
Latest%20round%20-%20new%20water-cooling%20setup%20005.JPG

Sadly, that shot was taken with those parts in the Corsair 600T, but I have had to move that system into my HAF 932. I then replaced those parts, in the Corsair 600T, with some of the parts listed in my sig... And the Corsair case doesn't even have good enough ventilation (with the new fans) to keep One GTX-275 from overheating when I try a stability test using MSI's Kombustor utility. Basically the one card idles at 54°C and rockets to 100+°C within a minute of starting the test. Corsair really dropped the ball when they designed this case!

sounds to me theres an issue with the card and not the case.

do you have both side panels on? take the side panel off the case and see if it does it again.

Well with the side panel off its 10-12°C cooler. But I don't want to run the system with the side panel off. And I don't want to have to cut holes in the side panel to get it to work. I'll just sell it on Craig's List and get a different case...

And, btw, it is a factory overclocked card. Still I never had these issues, even running two of the same cards in SLI, when they were in a HAF 932.
Water%20Cooling%20system%20pics%20001.jpg

Last edited:
I just built up my 600T yesterday, and I have a silly question.

My PSU is a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 950 Mk2, and this PSU draws air in the back and exhausts it out of the bottom (the fan is PULLING air in the bottom, drawing air IN from the "back"). so if I mount it in the 600T with the fan facing down at the floor of the case, it is pushing air OUT the bottom of the case.

Is this going to damage the PSU in any way? Or should I flip it so that the fan pushes air up into the case? I'm afraid that it is going to be restrictive by having it push the air down.

I just built up my 600T yesterday, and I have a silly question.

My PSU is a PC Power & Cooling Silencer 950 Mk2, and this PSU draws air in the back and exhausts it out of the bottom (the fan is PULLING air in the bottom, drawing air IN from the "back"). so if I mount it in the 600T with the fan facing down at the floor of the case, it is pushing air OUT the bottom of the case.

Is this going to damage the PSU in any way? Or should I flip it so that the fan pushes air up into the case? I'm afraid that it is going to be restrictive by having it push the air down.

The large fan on the bottom is an intake, not an exhaust. The PSU exhausts air out the back of the case.

Agreed! Normally the large fan, which typically goes on the bottom, is indeed and intake fan and the air is passively forced out the grate in the back.

Agreed! Normally the large fan, which typically goes on the bottom, is indeed and intake fan and the air is passively forced out the grate in the back.

I understand exactly what you guys are thinking, but I'm telling you my Silencer MkII 950's fan PULLS in the back and is exhausting air OUT of the fan! Maybe they installed mine incorrectly? I was just as confused as you guys. :confused:

thanks for the link! =D The case looks sweet on the inside, not sure if I'm a fan of the "round" look. I like the sharp look of the 800d

Anyone know if that Swiftech MCR Drive 2x120 radiator with the built in MCP350 pump will fit at the top of the 600T without modding?

It will fit lengthwise, barely, as in the top 5.25" drive bays may be unusable. However, its approximately 2 5/8ths inches thick and would interfere with things like the RAM modules, the rear case fan, ...etc.

Instead I chose to hang mine of the back. As seen here >>
Latest%20round%20-%20new%20water-cooling%20setup%20009.JPG

This unit also employs the MCP35X pump, which has a 4-pin plug so the BIOS can regulate it's speed according to the CPU temperature. And unlike the unit which you linked, can be mounted horizontally with the nozzles down. (The part crucial to this is that "L" shaped extension of the built-in reservoir. Which has 2 fill ports.)

I'm planning to upgrade my system as a whole, including the case, and let's just say I'm a little nit-picky when it comes to noise levels, so I'd like to know what fans have you bought to replace the stock fans? I'm especially interested in the 200mm solutions, since I already have a Sanyo Denki San Ace 1011 120mmx38mm that I can undervolt, and that I'm planning to place with a Corsair Hydro H70 or H50; by the way, which one would you recommend with this case: H50 or H70?

Thanks in advance!

I understand exactly what you guys are thinking, but I'm telling you my Silencer MkII 950's fan PULLS in the back and is exhausting air OUT of the fan! Maybe they installed mine incorrectly? I was just as confused as you guys. :confused:

Not if it looks like this:
http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTI3OTc2ODYwNmYxMFhJcmN5OHJfMl85X2wuanBn

http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTI3OTc2ODYwNmYxMFhJcmN5OHJfM183X2wuanBn

If the fan blades are installed the other way, then your fan was installed backwards and your PSU is in danger of overheating at a fraction of its max power handling capacity.

I'm planning to upgrade my system as a whole, including the case, and let's just say I'm a little nit-picky when it comes to noise levels, so I'd like to know what fans have you bought to replace the stock fans? I'm especially interested in the 200mm solutions, since I already have a Sanyo Denki San Ace 1011 120mmx38mm that I can undervolt, and that I'm planning to place with a Corsair Hydro H70 or H50; by the way, which one would you recommend with this case: H50 or H70?

Thanks in advance!

I tried some Scythe Slipstreams (120x25mm - 88CFM) and an NZXT FN-200RB (~198x35mm - 167CFM). All of which I'm afraid are rather loud at full speed. The Corsair 600T has a fan controller that supports 4 3-pin fan connectors, so you can turn the fans down to a more manageable noise level. Still I couldn't suggest any of these fans for someone concerned about noise...

I however bought them to ramp up the air-flow. And I discovered that, shy of cutting a hole in the side panel for a fan over the video cards, I couldn't keep any of the video cards I intended to use cool enough for what I consider "safe operation". In short, I regret buying the 600T. :(

As for which of those coolers to buy... I'd say that partially depends on your CPU and how you want to run it. Still I've heard, on several forums, that the H50 is quieter (nearly silent) and is great for a C2Q. While the H70 is probably better for a Ci7, especially if you want to overclock.

Personally I decided on a Swiftech H20-X20 Edge kit with the 220 radiator. It costs more but its worth it in the long run... For my system I will eventually piece together something similar to cool my graphics cards, with a separate loop, using a larger radiator. Now I just need to get a new case, and sell the 600T on Craig's List.

Thank you for the info Cannydog.

Think I'll just go with a regular 2x120 rad to mount up top, and get a bracket or something for pump. Prefer to keep it inside the case for this pc, my 800d has a 3x120 rad mounted out back like that.

A 2x120 Swiftech Radiator should work well. They are designed to work with less air flow, so you can mount the fans on top of the frame like this >>
Latest%20round%20-%20new%20water-cooling%20setup%20006.JPG

I seriously think that should work. I know with my H2O-X20 Edge kit I used the fan extensions that drop the voltage to 7V. It still works just as well, except those fans are now quiet. I suspect I could use the 5V extensions and still get good performance. Then again my radiator isn't inside the case.

The top fans in that picture are Xilence 57CFM PWM fans. They are on the quiet side, yet still move plenty of air. I purchased them to use with my Prolimatech Megahelams. Also I bought them at Frozen CPU who still carries them.

Cannydog,

I'm wondering; from your photo, it looks like a 3x120 might fit up top if you took a dremel to the case to open it up a bit. Is there enough space up there, or would you have to cut up the plastic and mesh top to make things work?

Cannydog,

I'm wondering; from your photo, it looks like a 3x120 might fit up top if you took a dremel to the case to open it up a bit. Is there enough space up there, or would you have to cut up the plastic and mesh top to make things work?

Well a 320 rad might just fit in the top, but it would be a really tight fit. The top mesh panel wouldn't need modification. But the metal and plastic, under the top mesh and in front of the fans in that pic, would have to be removed for another fan to go there. And even then the Inlet and Outlet ports would be very close to the front panel. (If the Inlet and Outlet were put in the back you would have to remove the rear case fan.)

Still I would think its far better to hang the Radiator off the back... Something like in this pic
3631_25.jpg

(Note: that image was borrowed from a TweakTown review)
I know that when going from having my unit outside the case, to inside the case, I get a 2°- 4°C rise in my temps. I did so only because I intend to hang a Second 320 Radiator off the back to cool my SLI video cards. (Doing this will help reduce the heat build up in the case under load.)

Back