Corsair Graphite 380T Sneak Peek

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair posted a bunch of Graphite 380T pictures today on the company's Facebook page. I snagged a handful of the pictures for those of you that can't access Facebook from work.

Interesting design. I agree with Gonzo in that it's not my style, but I can see where it has some. Obviously it will appeal to some.

I can definitely see the appeal, and I'm definitely trying to move away from the giant cases with way more drive bays than I will ever need for my system. Plus I can absolutely see how the portability factor would appeal to some folks. But I think I'd rather have a little more room to work inside my cases, I don't like having to practically disassemble the whole thing every time I want to change a component. This case strikes me as better suited for the "build-once" type of crowd. I think if I were building my primary/gaming system today I'd be more likely to go with the Obsidian 450D.

hmmm... very temping for my next build. Im looking for a good case for a mini build.

Kind of looks like a constructor from Borderlands 2 if you ask me...

1340_01.png

:rolleyes:

Ordinarily, I'd be very interested, but I fully expect the next generation of GPUs to be triple slot.

Ordinarily, I'd be very interested, but I fully expect the next generation of GPUs to be triple slot.

Probably not. The GPU industry is reaching the same tipping point that the CPU people bumped into wherein they're going to have to start focusing on power consumption, noise, and heat output much more heavily in order to reach into the largest markets which are now space and cooling constrained if they want to continue to obtain design wins. High end slot based desktop graphics cards are a very small portion of the overall market and the halo effect of having the fastest desktop GPU isn't translating into sales of their highest volume parts. Sure there are still enterprise GPU compute and professional graphics rendering needs, but those sorts of sales opportunities are a lot like the top end desktop market with the sales being few and far between. You'll probably see a lot less focus on fairly pointless desktop "prestige" products over the next few years as we move towards greater on-chip integration.

Looks like a futuristic lunchbox. The case is a little big for mitx, though it looks to be similarly sized to the prodigy.

For me that would end up as a box full of dog hair with a handle on it in no time.

i like it alot enough to where i wouldn't even care whta it costs really. I just dont need a new pc right now:(

I wonder if they'll offer it just pink. I've been wanting to build a sff box for the wife.

This design is great for an on-the-go workstation that's something more than a laptop. If size permits, load up the motherboard with sufficient horsepower to also host the server.

Sure... a beefy Lenovo laptop sports 32GB RAM and a fast, 4core CPU. But, the cost is high! And, the screen sucks given its form.

This case is lighter and stronger than aluminium (assuming). Simply put the case and a couple of displays in roadie travel steamers and you're good-to-go.

NOTE: I have 3 dogs... so, "yes" I also visualized this thing full of dog hair. Workaround is to keep the case up off the ground (though the hair does permeate the universe).

Anyone happen to know if it supports SLI? I can not find a case this size that has room for my 2 680 GTX's.

This would be great for a new LAN party box setup. I might get one.

interesting design. If they can make it a bit less flashy and more elegant, i would buy it. I love the design of my ft-02, but its huge and im looking for something smaller. i like the door design and the way its set up though. just less flashy.

The case still seems huge compared with the likes of the Shuttle boxes or the Sliverstone ML07.

I think its a neat design, but there are far better designs which are more sleek that come in the same form factor.

Looks like a futuristic lunchbox. The case is a little big for mitx, though it looks to be similarly sized to the prodigy.

It's going shorter than the prodigy.

We are going to release white, black and yellow for sure. But we are still figuring out what other colors we can release as a limited edition. What do you guys think?

hjWb5Zy.jpg

Can't wait. Blew my old Z77 motherboard and have been pushed back to my four year old 1090T system. Been thinking about my next system being a mini-itx and 380T looks like a very nice little case. Might make the idea of dropping money for a new system very tempting.

meh how about a double wide ITX case ala the air 540 but ITX

The bright green does NOT look good. A darker green like British Racing Green might look nice.

It's going shorter than the prodigy.

We are going to release white, black and yellow for sure. But we are still figuring out what other colors we can release as a limited edition. What do you guys think?

hjWb5Zy.jpg

Release them all? :D

Tbh, they all look nice.

Back