Corsair Flash Voyager - the rubber came off

sequoia

Limp Gawd
I have a Corsair Flash Voyager 8 GB in the last 6 months or so. Its been used everyday at work. A few days ago, while pulling the thumb drive, the rubber came off of the metal part of the thumb drive. Has anyone seen this problem? It seems that the rubber part is just glued into the metal part, so I was thinking to re-glue them, unless someone has a better idea? Or perhaps I should just get a better/tougher (larger) drive? Any recommended brand?

Thanks
Chris

I have a Corsair Flash Voyager 8 GB in the last 6 months or so. Its been used everyday at work. A few days ago, while pulling the thumb drive, the rubber came off of the metal part of the thumb drive. Has anyone seen this problem? It seems that the rubber part is just glued into the metal part, so I was thinking to re-glue them, unless someone has a better idea? Or perhaps I should just get a better/tougher (larger) drive? Any recommended brand?

Thanks
Chris

I had two of these unglue on me within 1 month of owning each. :(

Bought 1 from the egg... RMA'd it... after another month it unglued as well. These were 16GB version not 8GB. In addition to that i cant find the damn thing to RMA it. :(

I had two of these unglue on me within 1 month of owning each. :(

Bought 1 from the egg... RMA'd it... after another month it unglued as well. These were 16GB version not 8GB. In addition to that i cant find the damn thing to RMA it. :(

Good to know that I can RMA this. I thought they may said its user error and not covered under warranty.

Thanks
Chris

I've had the 4gb, 8gb and 16gb of this model. All 3 of them have had the metal USB connector come detached. I called Corsair on all of them and they sent me a Mini Voyager, which fits even better on my keychain than the last 3. It's rugged and small and has a nice retractable hard plastic USB connector. I've had it for over a year with no issues. Here's a link.

I've had the 4gb, 8gb and 16gb of this model. All 3 of them have had the metal USB connector come detached. I called Corsair on all of them and they sent me a Mini Voyager, which fits even better on my keychain than the last 3. It's rugged and small and has a nice retractable hard plastic USB connector. I've had it for over a year with no issues. Here's a link.

Wow..thats nice of them. I honestly dont really care what they replace mine with, as long as it works...

Thanks for your post
Chris

Wow..thats nice of them. I honestly dont really care what they replace mine with, as long as it works...

Thanks for your post
Chris

The reason I say ask for the mini... the Voyager is notorious with the "my end has fallen off" issue.
Corsair is a market leader for a reason... give them a call. They won't disappoint you... Unless you're like my friend who doesn't like to be on hold for more than 2 minutes, so he doesn't call... (That's how I got my Asus A8N-SLI deluxe... the chipset fan died and he bought a new board... I called Asus and they sent me a fan for free-at the time, that board was $250+)

The reason I say ask for the mini... the Voyager is notorious with the "my end has fallen off" issue.
Corsair is a market leader for a reason... give them a call. They won't disappoint you... Unless you're like my friend who doesn't like to be on hold for more than 2 minutes, so he doesn't call... (That's how I got my Asus A8N-SLI deluxe... the chipset fan died and he bought a new board... I called Asus and they sent me a fan for free-at the time, that board was $250+)

Anyone who gives free board can become my friend ::D

Back