Corsair Extends Two of its Gaming-Oriented Product Lines

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the addition of an analog version of its recently launched Gaming Audio Series™ HS1 USB Headset and a special edition white version of its Graphite Series™ 600T mid-tower case.

Nice to see new Corsair gear. They're really rolling out a lot of 2011 products! The only things I'd really like to see are upgrade kits for enthusiasts who already have earlier products like the flagship 800D - It would be nice to be able to buy a new front panel with USB3.0 and a SATA6 hotswap backplane! In addition, I'd like to see them launch a high-end, modular fan controller/multifunction panel, possibly including a USB LCD display that can be interacted with on any OS via open source SDK!

Corsair's reps have always been good to the enthusiast community and I hope to see upgrades continue.

In addition, I'd like to see them launch a high-end, modular fan controller/multifunction panel, possibly including a USB LCD display that can be interacted with on any OS via open source SDK!
Not exactly the same, but it has some of the features you mentioned:http://www.corsair.com/pressrelease/corsair-previews-new-corsair-link-technology-at-ces-2011
Corsair products that includes a Corsair Link connector can be linked to the Controller and report key parametric data, such as temperature, fan speed, pump speed, voltage, power consumption, etc. which can then be used to provide visual data tracking as well as refined control (where appropriate) of these same parameters. As more Corsair components are connected, more data and more control are available to the user. A system consisting of all Corsair components connected via Corsair Link will provide an unprecedented level of feedback and control to the user.

The Corsair Link software application was developed in concert with CoolIT Systems, a leading technology supplier in liquid cooling. Working together, Corsair and CoolIT have created a software-connected hardware platform to support monitoring and control of PSUs, DRAM modules, lighting and fan controllers, in addition to CPU coolers.

Using a visual, drag-and-drop interface, users can develop profiles that control multiple devices and parameters. For example, a “Maximum Performance” profile might include instructions to run all cooling fans at maximum, boost the radiator fan speed on the H60 to maximum, monitor both CPU and cooling fluid temperature, and change the lighting in the case to give a visual indication of the selected profile. Users can also use the application to track and log key parametric data from all of their connected components.

The Corsair Link Controller and desktop application are expected to begin shipping in Q2, 2011. Pricing has not yet been set.

I am suddenly very interested in their headset..I wonder how it compares to my MedUSA 5.1's?

You know what?..Eff it..The headset has gotten stellar reviews and as good as mine are they are 5 years old and starting to break down. I got a $200Gc for christmas I can't think of anything better to spend it on, so the moment newegg gets these they are freaking Bought.

Thanks for the info. This is a nice start and the hardware may be useful, but I worry this won't be too much different save for a wide scale compared to MSI Afterburner, Asus tools and whatnot that come with motherboards and other components. I'd much rather have a software independent way to do it, or at least something that can be ported to other platforms, rather than be limited to a Windows software tool to interact with this hardware gadget.

You know what?..Eff it..The headset has gotten stellar reviews and as good as mine are they are 5 years old and starting to break down. I got a $200Gc for christmas I can't think of anything better to spend it on, so the moment newegg gets these they are freaking Bought.

Same, I could use a new pair of closed heaphones.

Oh great! A white version of the 600T, with a Window (so you can watch your parts overheat?). :rolleyes:

Seriously, I like their Memory, their Power Supplies, and their SSDs. But if you aren't prepared to watercool everything in your system their cases leave much to be desired.

Back