Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX not working with X570 and Rysen 5

Otter2

n00b
I recently built a new Desktop, all new parts and after many efforts I cannot get my mobo and CPU to see the DDR4. I have seen mixed messages here and other places that give conflicting info as to whether or not this combination will work. Any help is appreciated.

I would also like to know if you have checked the motherboards QVL and the RAM’s QVL. Another resource that has been surprisingly valuable to me is the Newegg comments for conjecture on compatibility and it has helped me out twice. Obviously take it with a grain of salt but try looking there for your parts and cross referencing speeds and/or chipsets. I have seen numerous times manufacturers reps get on and offer compatibility advice and even voltage tuning advice.

I recently built a new Desktop, all new parts and after many efforts I cannot get my mobo and CPU to see the DDR4. I have seen mixed messages here and other places that give conflicting info as to whether or not this combination will work. Any help is appreciated.

Corsiar ram is very hit or miss. All that conflicting info should have given you an idea about this. Now the way you wrote that your board cannot see the ram... I'm not sure how to understand that. Is it that your system doesn't post with this ram? Tried it with one stick only?

You need to get specific. We need to know the precise motherboard model, BIOS with AGESA code version and specific RAM part numbers. Not just a general description of Vengeance LPX modules. There are probably hundreds of modules from that family. It's existed for the better part of a decade or more.

If it will post then get a usb flash drive and download the most current bios for your board and flash it ..

If I can make this Ryzen 5 3600 with Team Force memory work perfect only by flashing the MSI B350M Bazooka to what it needed = https://valid.x86.fr/nadwfb and that is 100% default settings .. you can also

Last edited:
Corsiar ram is very hit or miss. All that conflicting info should have given you an idea about this. Now the way you wrote that your board cannot see the ram... I'm not sure how to understand that. Is it that your system doesn't post with this ram? Tried it with one stick only?
It won't post ram no matter what combo of slots I use. Tried one stick, didn't work with 8gb

It won't post ram no matter what combo of slots I use. Tried one stick, didn't work with 8gb
What exact model of Vengeance LPX are you using? It comes in a whole bunch of different speed ratings, some of which are supposed to work with Ryzen3, and some that are meant for use with Intel setups.

Also, what exact motherboard are you using? "X570" isn't specific enough.

What exact model of Vengeance LPX are you using? It comes in a whole bunch of different speed ratings, some of which are supposed to work with Ryzen3, and some that are meant for use with Intel setups.

Also, what exact motherboard are you using? "X570" isn't specific enough.
I am using the ASUS TUF X570 plus. The Corsair LPX 3200 is not compatible with this Ryzen 5 and ASUS mobo. I went with 16 gb of Hyperx fury. I won't try corsair again. Hyperx 3200 works great. I checked the qvl second time around before purchasing

I am using the ASUS TUF X570 plus. The Corsair LPX 3200 is not compatible with this Ryzen 5 and ASUS mobo. I went with 16 gb of Hyperx fury. I won't try corsair again. Hyperx 3200 works great. I checked the qvl second time around before purchasing
use your hyperx, go into the bios and increase the ram voltage 10%. save and then shutdown. swap sticks and see if the corsair will post. every single set of corsair ive ever used has needed extra voltage.

How do you know your motherboard isnt bad? Btand nee doesnt mean its NOT bad. Ive had bad boards right out of the gate. Ive built over 1000 PCs from the 90s until now. I used to work in a pc assembly business in 90s when I was in high school and even back then we had an ocassional bad board.

You might have to buy 1 single stick of high quality QVL listed ram to test if its your ram or bad mobo.

Back