Corsair Cue/iCue - is the latest version still a load of bloatware?

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been using an old version of Cue for quite some time since I only need it to bind the macro keys on my keyboard, but even this old version eats memory and CPU cycles like crazy no matter what's going on. My question is for those on the latest version - does it still suck system resources or has Corsair optimized it?

Alternate question: is there another way I can bind the macro keys on a Corsair K95? A lighter weight program?

I haven't noticed any big issues with the latest version of iCue. However, I don't use it to control macros or binds. Mainly for my lighting and cooling systems.

I haven't noticed any issues with iCue, although I only have one keyboard so maybe that's not the best example.

I've never had an issue with it. There was one recent update that ate CPU cycles, but that was pulled and fixed rather quickly.

it's still bloatware but latest update only seeing .1% cpu usage periodically on one service and total memory usage is ~36mb

It was fixed? I've been missing my PTT reassignment on my mouse. If iCue works properly again, I may as well redownload.

Back