Corsair CMPSU-850TX 850W Power Supply $99 AR, Free Shipping

I like the fact that according to the pictures it comes with its own carrying bag...

I mean, when I've had to carry my PSUs around, I just grab 'em by all the wires and throw 'em over my shoulder... Sometimes I've wondered if it might not be good on it...

Kudos to Corsair for the carrying bag! [H]ot deal for sure!

That, I at least understood.

What I meant to ask is what's the differences between the two, functionally or what's in the modular model that one would prefer over this one?

This one isn't modular. There are no detachable cables. There is no modular version of the 850W.

The only reason you'd want modular cables is for slightly better ease of use and not having to hide a bunch of cables. If you don't care about this part, I don't think there's a need to go modular. (For the record, I totally went modular.)

Thanks, Antimatter and ForeStorm.

Out of curiosity, why would the original price of the 750W($179.99) be more expensive than the 850W ($159.99)?

One detail I noticed is that the 750W is said to be "certified" for Core i7, whereas the 850W doesn't have such claim. Should I have any worry if I would to use the 850W with core i7?

Will they honor this price if I just ordered this power supply yesterday?

Yes, as Xpletive said, newegg's people are quite customer oriented. I assure you that they will honor the difference in price. I ordered mine 3 days ago, it is expected to deliver today, and I just finished chating with neweggs about this new price, which they will refund the difference once I accept the item. At least that's what they promised. So go ahead and give them a call or chat with them. Just prepare to give your order #, the item # and the promotional code, and you should be set.

All the best.

I just called and gave one of the customer service reps the code and they honored it. They are crediting me now, since the order is already shipped. I'm pleased and I'm happy I went with newegg over zipzoomfly. They were a few dollars cheaper, but newegg has great customer service so it was worht it to spend a few more bucks which now was actually cheaper with the code.

Electrically a non-modular PSU is better since its all hardwired (soldered), connectors only increase the chance of oxidation on the connection. Also the quality of a modular connection can be questioned, whether or not all the contact surface area is being used depends on how well its designed. If they showed a cross section of the connector, it would be in their favor. IMO the performance/reliability of hard wired connections out weighs the small gains from better case air flow (fewer cables), and cable managment (pretty interior).

Are they crediting the rebate amount as well?

No, I did check on that. That that would have to be base on the date of purchase. Could have tried though and see what they'd do.

Out of curiosity, why would the original price of the 750W($179.99) be more expensive than the 850W ($159.99)?

If I needed a PSU I'd be in for one. I'd prefer a modular, but at this price it's a hell of a deal.

Hate to sound like an ad, but these guys make a top quality product, and the customer service I've had from them has been great!

No, I did check on that. That that would have to be base on the date of purchase. Could have tried though and see what they'd do.

The original price is more expensive because the 750W was released at an earlier date than the 850W.

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1033826528]...IMO the performance/reliability of hard wired connections out weighs the small gains from better case air flow (fewer cables), and cable managment (pretty interior).[/QUOTE]Unless you're like me, where you're shoving oversized components into an old Lian-Li PC65b that's WAY too small for them. It's not about a pretty interior or better airflow, it's about getting the side of the case to fit back on!

I need a high wattage PSU, but the case simply doesn't have the space for all of the extra unused cables. It's basically a solid wall of heatsink when I pull the side off as it is. :p

I like the fact that according to the pictures it comes with its own carrying bag...

I mean, when I've had to carry my PSUs around, I just grab 'em by all the wires and throw 'em over my shoulder... Sometimes I've wondered if it might not be good on it...

Kudos to Corsair for the carrying bag! [H]ot deal for sure!

Yeah I always hoping someone would include a carrying case with my PSU's.
I remember prior to my Corsair 750w I had to braid my PSU wires into my belt loops and wear the rest as a sorta-tail. Corsair you have saved my life!

Nice price :p

Pop quiz what company patented (invented) the modular design? Here's a hint Tigerdirect carries this brand and newegg doesn't

Back