Corsair Carbide Series Air 540

valis1

Limp Gawd
Anyone happen to know if a 140 , 120 mm fan (perhaps two) would fit behind the vents and above the power supply?

You mean behind the vents that are located above the PSU? (above the 2.5" cage) A 140mm definitely won't fit there, looking at any photo of the case's rear will tell ya that much. I can see if a 120mm will fit once I get home tomorrow but I doubt it...

What are you trying to do on that side of the case that requires extra ventilation? Thinking of stuffing a custom cage in there for 3.5" HDDs or something? As roomy as the case is, it really isn't the best for fitting in a ton of hardware (specially drives) into it.

It's more about the direct airflow (if air cooling) and/or ample rad mounting options IMO. I feel like they could've made the PSU/SSD/5.25" side slimmer, either that or gone wider still with an extra fan mount in there and a proper 3.5" cage.

They sorta left it in between, but I really haven't seen anything I like better, specially for the money. The latest Silverstone Raven/Fortress is way too cramped, the Thermaltake X9 is interesting...

I don't like how it forces you to choose between a direct front fan or 5.25" bays tho. If the external bays on the X9 were in the lower compartment I'd be all over it.

Last edited:
Back