Corsair Carbide Series 600Q EATX Case Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Corsair Carbide Series 600Q EATX Case Review - "Minimalist style" and "minimalist noise," is how Corsair describes its new Carbide Series 600Q computer chassis. While some might prefer a case that looks like it was designed by Voltron, Corsair goes the opposite direction with the 600Q and is looking to check all the boxes that make a chassis desirable; easy to use, quiet, and cool.

Ever since I heard about this case, I've been hoping [H] would get their hands on one for a review. It looks like the exact kind of case I would love to build a system in. Probably my favorite thing about it is the drive layout. I absolutely love how this case tucks even the 3.5" bays out of the way, leaving a nice open space in the main area for good airflow.

This is an awesome and very thorough review. One of the only ones who took the time to put differently sized radiators in the mount locations, test noise levels, and also test cooling. Thanks for the level of detail, it's nice to know our work is appreciated.

Case seems overly large for no reason, it has very few hard drive mounts for such a large case. It also seemed like there wasn't that many tie downs for cable management on the back.

That is really the only negative I can think of. Seems like a solid choice.

Great review for what looks like a great case. I think I like the layout of my R5 better though.

I'd like this case a lot better if the PSU/drive bays were on the bottom. I'm having a tough time seeing this as an enthusiast case with those GPU temps. I can see how a left-handed person would love this case due to it being more friendly.

Case seems overly large for no reason, it has very few hard drive mounts for such a large case. It also seemed like there wasn't that many tie downs for cable management on the back.

That is really the only negative I can think of. Seems like a solid choice.

Honestly I think most of their case designs put mass storage as an afterthought, but I own three of their cases because I like the design.

Anyone see a benefit to this over Fractal's R5, which is not only stellar, but considerably cheaper?

I dont think its ugly persay, but its not a good looking case.
Its such a plain box.

The chassis measures 17.9"H x 10.3"W x 21.1"L

This has been stated in other views as well, but I am pretty sure that the dimensions are 21.1"H x 10.3"W x 17.9"L. The frame of the case makes it look narrower than it is tall.

Corsair also says the same thing, though in metric:

Dimensions (L x W x H): 454 x 260 x 535mm
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-quiet-600q-inverse-atx-full-tower-case

I am only pointing that out because I am looking for a decent case that is under 18" in length and I had to triple-check :).

Anyways, this case is appealing because of its lack of depth and the simplicity of the outside. To me, anyways. A good review also. I have a TJ08-E right now, but I think this would be my ATX step-up for sure.

Last edited:
Anyone see a benefit to this over Fractal's R5, which is not only stellar, but considerably cheaper?

In our tests (which you will of course have to judge for yourself since I work here and performed some of them myself) we are significantly quieter and with better cooling performance at the same time.

There is also the added advantage in the inverse design that if you were going to install a 240/280mm radiator into the R5 you would remove the top sound damping, which would make the case significantly noisier. In our design you do not have to do that since it would mount to the bottom.

The R5 is a fantastic case, and well deserving of its popularity. We weren't trying to clone it - there are enough guys out there doing that. We wanted to exceed its performance in both cooling and noise levels and this new layout enabled us to do that, at least in our own testing.

Obviously there are so many different configs out there that it's impossible to guarantee it for everyone, but we did a pretty good job from what our initial data and reviews suggest.

In our tests (which you will of course have to judge for yourself since I work here and performed some of them myself) we are significantly quieter and with better cooling performance at the same time.

There is also the added advantage in the inverse design that if you were going to install a 240/280mm radiator into the R5 you would remove the top sound damping, which would make the case significantly noisier. In our design you do not have to do that since it would mount to the bottom.

The R5 is a fantastic case, and well deserving of its popularity. We weren't trying to clone it - there are enough guys out there doing that. We wanted to exceed its performance in both cooling and noise levels and this new layout enabled us to do that, at least in our own testing.

Obviously there are so many different configs out there that it's impossible to guarantee it for everyone, but we did a pretty good job from what our initial data and reviews suggest.

The R5 is better if you need mass storage and this is the primary reason I chose it, but for silence I think the Corsair is going to be a better choice. The point he makes about the bottom mounted RAD is accurate. The R5 is very noisy with the top open.

That has been my experience as well with most other cases that let you open up the top vents. I think it was a nice move to put the openings on the bottom.

Nice review!

I have the 600C myself, and while I love the window, I almost wish I had gone with the Q instead.

I did install two 60mm Noctua NF-A6 fans (using the rubber fan mounts on the grill) by the video cards as exhausts and it made a solid impact on temperatures. I highly recommend that little change to anyone running multiple internal exhausting cards.

Saw the size of the case and was hoping for 10+ hdd mounts. A little sad to see little options. :(

Nice review and nice case.

Thinking about picking up this case for my next build, was heavily considering getting a 730T but thats just alot of money for a case.

I'm considering this case for a new build and was thinking of using water cooling for the CPU and GPU, mainly to lower acoustics.

However this review was done with stock air cooling on the GPU and the fans that came with the case, and apparently you could barely hear it on the last page of the review. I'm curious if it was the enthusiast build being tested with the 3 video cards? It also seems the stock fans that come with the case are sufficient?

I might just save some money and do the standard air cooling equipment if this case really can dampen noise like the review indicates. Anyone have any experience with this case now that it's been out a while?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back