Supreme [H]ardness
Bloody awesome!
  • dual-chamber, accessible layout, but minimal footprint
  • significantly smaller than the 540
  • purportedly great ventilation
  • no 5.25" bays (finally!)
  • comes in white
  • ~$90
Looking to upgrade the desktop, so it looks like this case will be the system's home. :)

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/air240

Last edited:
That is indeed awesome, i would like to see size comparisons! i have the 540 and i love it.

That is indeed awesome, i would like to see size comparisons! i have the 540 and i love it.
Big difference, imo:
maxresdefault.jpg

I've signed up for the availability notification from Amazon - hopefully I hear something soon.

Just got the 540 last week myself; love it. The 240 looks great for a smaller case

Amazon's expected delivery is: Thursday, November 13, 2014 - Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Ouch. I won't be able to wait that long.

Pre-warning, it's been confirmed on OCN that you cannot fit a video card with a waterblock on it unless the waterblock is universal and has no connections on the side. It's a damn shame that Corsair did this, because this case is awesome otherwise.

Pre-warning, it's been confirmed on OCN that you cannot fit a video card with a waterblock on it unless the waterblock is universal and has no connections on the side. It's a damn shame that Corsair did this, because this case is awesome otherwise.

It should fit standard width video cards with a waterblock, but it will not fit larger-than-spec video cards with a block suck as the Asus DirectCU II or Classified cards.

So you can fit an SSD and 3 normal sized mechanical hard drives then?

MMMM time to switch back to an mATX board

It looks a nice little HTPC case.

If I was rebuilding today I'd think of trying his big brother out, had read some good things here and there.

Still plonking along on my old modded Antec 1200 on the main.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
One thing I hate about Carbide series is, that they made me buy external drive. Otherwise my 540 is a lovely case, and I'm keeping it as long as I can :)

One thing I hate about Carbide series is, that they made me buy external drive. Otherwise my 540 is a lovely case, and I'm keeping it as long as I can :)

The Carbide Air 540 has two optical drive cages. Did you need a third?

Very nice, but I don't see myself trading in the 350D for this. Now if they would make a case similar to this in the obsidian family I would be all over it.

The Carbide Air 540 has two optical drive cages. Did you need a third?

Yes it has two, but vertical drives.... my Asus didn't want to work in such conditions, so I had to buy USB drive. The could have made it bit broader and place the drivs horizontally, would be less hassle with fan controllers, bay reservoirs and all the things people put in bays.

Redbeard, can you shed any light on when Amazon should have the case in stock?

Back