Corsair Carbide 300R Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are in the market for a new case and you don't have a whole lot of money, check out this review of the Corsair Carbide 300R.

Corsair has targeted with their Carbide chassis series a brand new range of end users. Those that still prefer a decent quality build, but at an affordable price/performance ratio. We already saw the 400 and 500R versions on the test bench. Today we introduce Corsair's latest offering the 300R. Still a Midi Tower case with adequate cooling. But the main focus is the price tag. Corsair wants to position this 300R versus all the budget cases out there.

I have one

I am very pleased with it. It's probably the best case in that price range. It looks decent, cools well, and can fit whatever hardware you want to throw at it. It's also very easy to work in.

Only cons from my time with it aret really not something to complain about at this price point. The Flow is a little restricted in the front do to the contruction, No Grommets (once again... the price point I'm not even sure I can mark this a negative...), and no option for a window'd panel.

My GPU is 32c at idle (just browsing the internet), since I put 6 Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850RPM fans in this case. The airflow is almost too good ;)

Really good looking case, if you ask me. I like the simplistic/minimalist style more than the alien-head derivatives out there. And in this price range it seems to be a modest step up from something even more simplistic like the Antec 300 (which I also happen to like). I may just have to grab one of these to check it out.

Back