Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular PSU $121 AR

Amazon is 136, which isn't too bad, as I paid 149 for this a about a month ago.

Thanks for the heads up. Im going 2x 7970 soon and this wll be the perfect PSU for it.

(Obviously, I bit.) :D

I paid 200 for mine when it was released. More than enough power for 90% of gaming rigs

Same here, and it's running my watercooled OC's Tri-680 4GB rig, very solid PSU. I was almost expecting to have to move up to the higher watts AX model when I added 3rd GPU and watercooling loop + pump + fans, but nope.

Still have crap over clocks on core of one of my 680's, +100 is about all one of the cards will take, but that's another thread.

This is the same as the Seasonic X850, correct? That has been down at $110 AR a few times.

The seasonic is a newer/better version.

What's better about it, out of curiosity? Is it fully modular and does it use the same modular cables as the AX ?

Also -- does anyone know if they make a 3rd PCIe 6-pin cable to draw off the connector for the molex cable? (I currently have the 3rd 680 running off of molex adapters, which is poor form, but this is a single 12V rail PSU anyway, so shouldn't be any different, but I'd like to get rid of those ugly molex adapters if possible. Do I need to order another PCI-e cable from this PSU and just hack it onto a molex modular cable while hacking off the molex connectors?

Same PSU, but it has the ability to enable the fan always on (like if it's exhausting your case). It may have some different internals but I couldn't find any information on that.

The price shows up as $135 for me without having to enter in a code? I tried the code and checkout and it was rejected. Perhaps a code isn't needed now?

my Toughpower 1200w (going on 6 years) blew Friday evening. I had Fry's pricematch this (Amazon's 135.00) though i did have to pay tax I got it right there and was back up and running in no time. Great PSU really liking it.

Back