Corsair ax850 and 850hx

notsure

Limp Gawd
whats the difference , i looked up the specs read some reviews ..and couldnt find any plausible reason to pay more $$ for an ax850. Enlighten me please

AX850 pros vs HX850:

More efficient (uses less power, less heat output)
Fully modular (all cables can detach)
Better voltage regulation (less chance of components being damaged)
Better ripple control (less chance of components being damaged)

HX850 pros vs AX850:

Costs less.

@Tsumi not that that i want to criticise you or something but the pros over the hx you listed , is that backed by any reviews/articles or just your guess/oppinion
peace

They are backed by [H]OCP and JonnyGuru reviews.

If I recall, in the [H] review the AX performance just BARELY edged out the HX.

Quote: "The one problem this unit really runs into is, funny enough, the Corsair HX850. When we go down the line of features we find the HX850 to have better 12v voltage regulation by just a touch, comparable efficiency, significantly better 12v Transient Load results, etc. Where the AX850 puts distance between the two is the absolutely amazing DC Output Quality, and the noise profile. However, when we look at the absolute numbers for the DC Output Quality the 25mV peak 12v value of the HX850 is not bad, it just isn't the 10mV of the AX850, and the noise difference between these units is only really apparent at 25% load and full load. So, for users looking in the HTPC realm or the absolute balls to the walls realm the AX850 is probably a better ticket. For everyone else, it's going to come down to pricing on which of these units is a better buy which makes the maintenance of the HX line in the presence of the AX line a bit like keeping around the appendix. Rather unnecessary, a bit confusing, and on the whole something that may just get in the way of the AX series."

The HX isn't fully modular but it's awfully good across the board.:D
If fully modular isn't an absolute, get the HX.

IF $$$ are a limiting factor then the HX850 is the one for you. It's a good PSU and so is the AX.

The AX has better looking cables if that's a big deal...

I never really got the "Fully Modular" appeal. I've always needed the main ATX and 12v CPU power connectors, so I don't have any issue with those not being modular on my HX850.

Is there no difference in the warranty between the two? I own the AX1200 and I believe it has a 7 year warrenty.

Edit: looks like they both have a 7 year coverage.

I never really got the "Fully Modular" appeal. I've always needed the main ATX and 12v CPU power connectors, so I don't have any issue with those not being modular on my HX850.

The common power cables on a semi-modular unit never look to be wrapped as good or look as good as the modular cables indiviually wrapped apperance.

I'm sure it's all aesthetic and routing preferences... not performance.

I own the HX.. I'd probably get it again to save $$ if I was choosing now like you. The differences are small imo.

Back