Corsair AX760i/AX860i versus AX760/AX860 non "i" model?

dukenuke88

[H]ard|Gawd
Corsair AX760i/AX860i versus AX760/AX860 non "i" model? Is it just the Corsair link feature and digital controller? I know I don't plan to even touch the corsair link software....is the digital controller that much better in the i version?

I just wanna make sure I know what I'm paying for. Thanks :D

IMO, the link feature and digital controller is not worth it.

The fan controller and voltage regulation in the AX series is already excellent, there's really no need to mess around with it. The link is really just a marketing gimmick more than anything else.

I was wondering the exact same thing as dukenuke88...
Was planning a build using the AX760i... So should I cut my costs a bit and go for the AX760???
And again, What does the 760i have that the 760-non-i doesn't have other than Link?

The AX760i and the AX760 are actually entirely different PSUs. They are both so excellent that it does not really matter but the i series are technically a bit better.

The AX760i and the AX760 are actually entirely different PSUs. They are both so excellent that it does not really matter but the i series are technically a bit better.

Could you elaborate further on this part?

The OEM for the i series is Flextronics, while the OEM for the non-i series is Seasonic.

Both are excellent units, however, neither are good bang for the buck.

I'd suggest the Rosewill Fortress 750 instead. Half the price, with just as good built quality and performance.

enermax and seasonic?

Enermax are overpriced, have always been. They're looking for suckers to buy into the Enermax name.

SeaSonic sells the same unit as the AX760 in the SS-760XP form, which is an excellent unit. Though, not even close of a bang for the buck as the Rosewill Fortress. Rosewill units are almost ALWAYS priced "the" best. They're always excellent deals hence Rosewill being the Egg's in-house brand.

Enermax are overpriced, have always been. They're looking for suckers to buy into the Enermax name.

SeaSonic sells the same unit as the AX760 in the SS-760XP form, which is an excellent unit. Though, not even close of a bang for the buck as the Rosewill Fortress. Rosewill units are almost ALWAYS priced "the" best. They're always excellent deals hence Rosewill being the Egg's in-house brand.

I paied an ax750 170€, I paied an enermax modu 87+ 700W 180€, the corsair is far more noisy so the 10€ addiction was well paied.

I paied an ax750 170€, I paied an enermax modu 87+ 700W 180€, the corsair is far more noisy so the 10€ addiction was well paied.

So you got hosed then.

That's ridicilious. The Modu 87+ doesn't even compare to the AX750.

And how exactly is the Corsair "far MOAR NOISY" ? It's not like the Enermax has a better fan profile or a better fan... the San Ace 120 on
the Corsair shits over the Enermax Nano bearing fan, annnddddd, it even has a passive mode...

Last edited:

Grammar? I guess not. Is the Corsair PSU under the same load as the Enermax when it's "Noisy"?

Grammar? I guess not. Is the Corsair PSU under the same load as the Enermax when it's "Noisy"?

same pc with different PSU, corsair is more noisy on every load, corsair uses a 120mm fan, enermax uses a quality 140mm fan,
there is no news on the fact that enermax are more silent.

same pc with different PSU, corsair is more noisy on every load.

Nonsense.

Unless the San Ace is faulty (which I HIGHLY doubt), it's a higher quality and less noisier fan than the Enermax fan.

And how the hell is it more noisy on "every load" ? You do realize the Corsair has a PASSIVE mode in idle, right? The Enermax does not. :rolleyes:

Nonsense.

Unless the San Ace is faulty (which I HIGHLY doubt), it's a higher quality and less noisier fan than the Enermax fan.

And how the hell is it more noisy on "every load" ? You do realize the Corsair has a PASSIVE mode in idle, right? The Enermax does not. :rolleyes:

a 120mm fan more silent that a 140mm? :rolleyes:
when the corsair is passive my PC is idle, obviously I mean every load that makes the PSU fan audible. When the PC is in idle the enermax fan rotates very very slow and is completely silent too.

a 120mm fan more silent that a 140mm? :rolleyes:
when the corsair is passive my PC is idle, obviously I mean every load that makes the PSU fan audible. When the PC is in idle the enermax fan rotates very very slow and is completely silent too.

Idle load is also a load.

Look, the size of the fan doesn't mean jack shit. It's all about the bearing type, blades etc, and the San Ace 120 happens to be a superior fan to the Enermax HDB or TB Silence fan, and the Corsair has a LESS agressive fan profile so I don't see your point.

How in the World is it much less silent? Can you even make a proper comparison between the two? They're both very silent units. :rolleyes:

Idle load is also a load.

Look, the size of the fan doesn't mean jack shit. It's all about the bearing type, blades etc, and the San Ace 120 happens to be a superior fan to the Enermax HDB or TB Silence fan, and the Corsair has a LESS agressive fan profile so I don't see your point.

How in the World is it much less silent? Can you even make a proper comparison between the two? They're both very silent units. :rolleyes:

I talk because I have both PSU and I can ear both PSU side by side, can you do the same?
if not, shut up :)

I always buy Corsair PSU's and I would go with the cheapest one in the wattage you can find HX or AX series. I got a HX850 for $115 brand new and I see no reason to upgrade unless it dies. I do like how the PSU cable is modular on the new AX series but not worth extra $50+ for it and 1-2% efficiency. I'm sure Corsair is already working on a 80plus Titanium PSU so all the people go out and buy them because they think their gold and platinum's arent good enough.

I always buy Corsair PSU's and I would go with the cheapest one in the wattage you can find HX or AX series. I got a HX850 for $115 brand new and I see no reason to upgrade unless it dies. I do like how the PSU cable is modular on the new AX series but not worth extra $50+ for it and 1-2% efficiency. I'm sure Corsair is already working on a 80plus Titanium PSU so all the people go out and buy them because they think their gold and platinum's arent good enough.

I doubt we will see titanium products in the consumer sector this year, however more efficiency is always good if you are running 24/7 under full load, and yes i would consider one too, if the price was right

I heard Titanium will have a hard time with 110V...and thats all we have here in the US :(

I personally have a gold, and titanium would be a better upgrade for me. platinum is like 2% more efficiency...I want more! :D

I heard Titanium will have a hard time with 110V...and thats all we have here in the US :(

I personally have a gold, and titanium would be a better upgrade for me. platinum is like 2% more efficiency...I want more! :D

Living on the other side of the pond I am somewhat luckier than you in this regard, 240v!

Just got a AX850, hesitate between AX860 and the old AX850. I save 60$ with the AX850.

Johnnyguru does some excellent reviews and I think they also go into the depth of the differences between the non i and i series down to ripple ect ect

Back