Corsair AX1600i PSU is it worth to buy it/? for futureproof?

tecjim

n00b
i am interesting to buy the Corsair AX1600i PSU is it worth to buy it/? for futureproof?

AX1600i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1600 Watt Fully-Modular PSU (EU)
The CORSAIR AX1600i is the ultimate digital ATX power supply, built using only the best components and state-of-the-art gallium nitride transistors to deliver more than 94% efficiency.📷 www.corsair.comi will built new pc such us new cpu, include oc and custom watercooling in all the pc , gpu 4080x or 4090 lovelace , new motherboard next year with ddr5

for this i am asking is it it worth to buy it/? for futureproof?also the Corsair AX1600i PSU is very good psu;

what is your opinion for the Corsair AX1600i PSU??

will the Corsair AX1600i PSU handle the new upcoming stuff next year??

the only thing that i am afraid is that Intel is trying to push that new 12v atx thing.what it will happen to all psus in that moment??

if this happen the Corsair AX1600i PSU will not be futureproof?

the only thing that i am afraid is that Intel is trying to push that new 12v atx thing.what it will happen to all psus in that moment??

if i will buy the AX1600i. will be fail when the ATX12VO will come out??

and all these people who bought new psus all these months?? what they will do?? they will have to buy again new psus with ATX12VO??

my problem is not to buy the AX1600i ,, my problem is if i will buy now the AX1600i will be fail when ATX12VO comes.??
and right now i need to buy one psu...
i cant buy every year new psu .. because intel said that the ATX12VO will be the standard.

intel doesnt care for the curent psus./. now.

Do you upgrade your PC every year? if so then when ATX12VO comes out sell the old stuff.

Do you upgrade your PC every year? if so then when ATX12VO comes out sell the old stuff.

and all these people who bought new psus all these months?? what they will do?? they will have to buy again new psus with ATX12VO??

my problem is not to buy the AX1600i ,, my problem is if i will buy now the AX1600i will be fail when ATX12VO comes.??

That is a huge, massively over-specced PSU for all but the largest multi-GPU builds. With a price tag to match.

Most systems only need at most a 500-600 W PSU. One with a higher-end GPU would need more (Nvidia and AMD both provide PSU size recommendations per-model). Without knowing the other specs of your system it's impossible to be more specific.

AFAIK Corsair PSU quality is generally good. It varies some depending on who the OEM is for a given model.

ATX12VO is currently aimed at OEM system builders (Dell, HP, etc.), but will probably find its way into the self-builder market eventually. As stated above, just buy a new PSU at that time. And there will probably be adapters that allow ATX PSUs to work with ATX12VO mainboards.

I would be shocked (get it? PSU - shocked? Never mind...) if a new rig in a year would need much more power than a roughly equivalent system today. 1600W will likely be overkill by at least 50%. Search for a PSU Calculator and plan out a similar system using today's top end parts, to what you think you will build next year. Add maybe 10%-15% over and above what the calculator estimates and you should be fine.

As far as the upcoming ATX12VO standard I would not worry about it too much. The industry transitions through new standards like this all the time. Adapters will become available, boards may come with both connections, etc. If you are not planning to build for a year I would not worry about the power supply now. Just wait until you are ready to build.

Remember, that PSU is modular so it's not that hard to adapt it to ATX12VO. It would just have the new connector on one end and then plug into the PSU with 3-4 connections on the other end.

Remember, that PSU is modular so it's not that hard to adapt it to ATX12VO. It would just have the new connector on one end and then plug into the PSU with 3-4 connections on the other end.

Yeah it wont work that way unfortunately. Current PSUs and motherboards use a 5v power good signal to turn on, while 12VO systems use 12V. Plugging a current PSU with adapters would be unable to turn on the 12VO board as the voltage would be too low.

i am interesting to buy the Corsair AX1600i PSU is it worth to buy it/? for futureproof?

AX1600i Digital ATX Power Supply — 1600 Watt Fully-Modular PSU (EU)
The CORSAIR AX1600i is the ultimate digital ATX power supply, built using only the best components and state-of-the-art gallium nitride transistors to deliver more than 94% efficiency.📷 www.corsair.comi will built new pc such us new cpu, include oc and custom watercooling in all the pc , gpu 4080x or 4090 lovelace , new motherboard next year with ddr5

for this i am asking is it it worth to buy it/? for futureproof?also the Corsair AX1600i PSU is very good psu;

i cant buy every year new psu .. because intel said that the ATX12VO will be the standard.

intel doesnt care for the curent psus./. now.

Do you have a system that needs that kind of power? I have one machine that needs a giant PSU like that, I just upgraded from my 1500W to this EVGA 1600W:

https://www.newegg.com/evga-supernova-1600-g-220-gp-1600-x1-1600w/p/N82E16817438191

I would have loved the AX1600i, it seems like a really nice PSU, I would imagine its extremely high quality. But the price compared to the EVGA was too much for me, plus that 1600W EVGA has a 4A 5vSB (the main reason I bought it) so im planning on running an RPi4 off of that for KVM.

My 1500W is for sale if youre in the market..........

https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-th...ua-140mm-250-shipped.2011890/#post-1045073036

Yeah it wont work that way unfortunately. Current PSUs and motherboards use a 5v power good signal to turn on, while 12VO systems use 12V. Plugging a current PSU with adapters would be unable to turn on the 12VO board as the voltage would be too low.
That's a trivial matter to overcome. Any EE would be able to make that conversion in a matter of minutes.

are there online shops which i can buy this ATX12VO-Adapter?

The link you posted does appear to let you buy it, plus theres a section underneath that says "find retailers". Newegg was listed, though i couldnt find the cable on their site.

Untitled.png

Well I stand corrected, only $20 also.
so for one sustem like this one psu with 1600 watt is plenty?

i will build one new system next year.. and i dont attend to use 2 3090 gpus./.

i will use only one 3090/.

lets say that you do oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu ,, 1600 watts are plenty for oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu??

lets says that you have one system such as

5950 x

gpu 3090

custom watercooling in cpu and gpu

oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu

3 ssds

4 internal hardisks/../

soundcard..

what psu you need for that kind of system??

Most psu manufacturers have a psu calculator where you can plug in what you plan to run and it will suggest a wattage. For what you said somewhere between 850-1000w is plenty

A decent 1kw unit would be fine for those specs (and the future). The only time I've ever ran into stupid power draw was with computers with multiple high power gpus

so for one sustem like this one psu with 1600 watt is plenty?

i will build one new system next year.. and i dont attend to use 2 3090 gpus./.

i will use only one 3090/.

lets say that you do oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu ,, 1600 watts are plenty for oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu??

lets says that you have one system such as

5950 x

gpu 3090

3 ssds

4 internal hardisks/../

soundcard..

what psu you need for that kind of system??
I've got a 5800x, 3080 ftw3, 2x 7200rpm HDD's, 2x 5400rpm hdds, 2x NVME drives 2x SSD's, 6 fans, soundcard, 32GB ram, fan controller and led controller, and use a Corsair HX750i.
gaming uses around 430 watts max on my system, I see the wattage the PSU is using on my Corsair iCue Nexus screen.
1000 watts would probably be fine on your build

IMG_1069.JPEG

for your sustem which you have
5800x, 3080 ftw3, 2x 7200rpm HDD's, 2x 5400rpm hdds, 2x NVME drives 2x SSD's, 6 fans, soundcard, 32GB ram, fan controller and led controller

what psu you have??>

It's an awesome PSU with a very flat efficiency curve. At a typical 500W load it will last practically forever! Nice thing is the fan never comes on so it's essentially silent.

I've been using the AX1200i in my workstation for 9 years with my 3930k system with multiple iterations of GPU, hdd and ssd upgrades. If and when I need to replace it, it'll be with the AX1600i.

I've had plenty of AX1200is too. Some systems were reporting low 3.3V which never really lead to stability issues but systems using Areca controllers (1680 and 1880 specifically) were always going into alarm due to 3.3V at 2.8! Those we swapped out with Antec HCP1200s and never looked back. Flextronics is a good OEM. The AX1500i is also top tier but I prefer the 1600 due its more compact size. Pricing is insane right now! The last AX1600i I bought was for $369. (December 2018) Those days are long gone I'm afraid.

lets say that i have 2 rtx 3090 gpus

5950 x

4 ssds

6 internal hardisks/../

soundcard..

what psu you need for that kind of system?? more than 1600 psu??

I've got a 5800x, 3080 ftw3, 2x 7200rpm HDD's, 2x 5400rpm hdds, 2x NVME drives 2x SSD's, 6 fans, soundcard, 32GB ram, fan controller and led controller, and use a Corsair HX750i.
gaming uses around 430 watts max on my system, I see the wattage the PSU is using on my Corsair iCue Nexus screen.
1000 watts would probably be fine on your build

View attachment 375088
My system pulls way more than that using a 10900K and an RTX 3090. Drive wise, we are using similar configurations but I also have a custom cooling loop in there and a bunch of RGB shit. I think I have 9x RGB fans in the thing as well. According to GPU-Z and confirmed by Frameview's power monitoring, my RTX 3090 alone can pull around 340w.

My system pulls way more than that using a 10900K and an RTX 3090. Drive wise, we are using similar configurations but I also have a custom cooling loop in there and a bunch of RGB shit. I think I have 9x RGB fans in the thing as well. According to GPU-Z and confirmed by Frameview's power monitoring, my RTX 3090 alone can pull around 340w.
lets say that i have one rtx 3090 gpu

5950 x

4 ssds

6 internal hardisks/../

soundcard..

what psu you need for that kind of system?? more than 1600 psu??

1300 psu or 1600 psu??

You don't *need* a 1600 watt PSU for that system and many other systems as a matter of fact. However, it would work just fine.
There is nothing wrong with a power supply that's too large, but too small or even "just enough" isn't recommended with the former being obvious.
The AX1600i is outstanding and its efficiency curve is such that even with a few hundred watts it still has great efficiency and silent operation.
Most systems, even loaded HEDT systems, won't even need the AX1600i to run its fan!

You don't *need* a 1600 watt PSU for that system and many other systems as a matter of fact. However, it would work just fine.
There is nothing wrong with a power supply that's too large, but too small or even "just enough" isn't recommended with the former being obvious.
The AX1600i is outstanding and its efficiency curve is such that even with a few hundred watts it still has great efficiency and silent operation.
Most systems, even loaded HEDT systems, won't even need the AX1600i to run its fan!

what you mean when you say The AX1600i is outstanding ??

what you mean with this.>?

The rig you mentioned with 2 x 3090's
how many watts is the 5950 x?

2 rtx 3090 both how many watts are these 2 cards?

2 how many watts is one custom watercooling in cpu and gpu ?? include
oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu>?>

4 4 ssds

5 6 internal hardisks/../

7 1 soundcard..?

how many watts is the 5950 x?

2 rtx 3090 both how many watts are these 2 cards?

2 how many watts is one custom watercooling in cpu and gpu ?? include
oc ,,undervolt/core clock locking the cpu and the gpu>?>

4 4 ssds

5 6 internal hardisks/../

7 1 soundcard..?

You are asking way to many questions over and over again when the answers have been the same from the beginning. If you want to try to figure out specific power on a per device level then look up the device and its TDP and read some reviews on typical power consumption for said device. Alternatively like I mentioned use a tool like this and plug in everything you are asking me about in the post above and figure it out.

https://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

Back