Corsair AX1200 going bad?

buttons

2[H]4U
I've had this AX1200 for years and its never been used near its power limit. I had it mining around 400-500watts for a bit, then just surfing the web and occasional gaming. Over the years I had to replace the ATX 24 pin cable and just recently my system started crashing pretty frequently when my 6900XT was loaded up. I sent the powercolor 6900xt in for RMA, month later i get it back -- crashes first time i load up a game, then a couple more times. So i did the obivous thing and ordered all new computer parts off newegg...

While waiting for said parts, i pulled an EVGA 750watt from another rig and plugged it in -- no more crashing is it worth replacing the CPU, PCI modular cables or should i just move on from this thing now that its getting 8-10 years old?

sounds like. kyle had the same issue with his older 1kw+ and a 6900xt.

I have 2 AX1200's. One of them developed the same issue. Replaced it and all was fine. Unfortunately it was the last thing I tried swapping out.

I've had this AX1200 for years and its never been used near its power limit. I had it mining around 400-500watts for a bit, then just surfing the web and occasional gaming. Over the years I had to replace the ATX 24 pin cable and just recently my system started crashing pretty frequently when my 6900XT was loaded up. I sent the powercolor 6900xt in for RMA, month later i get it back -- crashes first time i load up a game, then a couple more times. So i did the obivous thing and ordered all new computer parts off newegg...

While waiting for said parts, i pulled an EVGA 750watt from another rig and plugged it in -- no more crashing is it worth replacing the CPU, PCI modular cables or should i just move on from this thing now that its getting 8-10 years old?
I would move on, but if your AX1200 still has warranty left, I will try issuing RMA to Corsair and hope that they will honor the warranty and replace it with brand new PSU.
AFAIK the AX series of Corsair is their flagship PSU.

Back