Corsair Announces Ultra-Quiet RM Series Power Supplies

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the new ultra-quiet RM Series power supplies (PSUs). The RM Series PSUs replace the TX Series line while adding improved 80 PLUS® Gold level energy efficiency, whisper-quiet operation, and monitoring capability. The RM Series PSUs are available in models with power capacities from 450 to 1000 watts and are compatible with the latest Intel® CoreTM processors codenamed Ivy Bridge E and Haswell.

The RM Series PSUs are designed to be exceptionally quiet even when delivering high levels of power. Built with low-noise capacitors and transformers, the PSUs feature a Zero RPM Fan Mode which only spins the PSU fan under the heaviest loads, allowing near silent operation in most everyday usage. The custom designed fan is extremely quiet at all speeds, allowing the PSU to remain remarkably quiet even while the fan is running. Like all Corsair PSUs, the RM Series power supplies are designed with high-quality components and are guaranteed to deliver clean, stable, continuous power. The RM Series PSUs are 80 PLUS Gold rated with energy efficiency up to 90% (92% on 230V AC), reducing energy waste and lowering electrical bills.

Awesome! Now they need to get to work on a quiet, powerful, mini ITX power supply. :)

Very cool! I've been perusing power supply sales lately wanting to retire my 3+ year old TX750 (nothing wrong with it, just got the upgrade itch). Can't wait to see these reviewed. Maybe I can be the first kid on my block to get one.

Newegg shows they're not available til 10/30. Amazon says they ship in 3-4 weeks. Immediate availability? I miss something?

So wait, the new RM-1000 has 8 pci-e connectors, but the AX1200i still only has 6. In what world does this make sense?

I agree. Let's bug Redbeard until he caves in.

I'm going the other way. I'm making a PSU that's 3x the size of regular PSUs. It's called Jumbo ATX. It's going to have a 480mm house fan in it that runs at 5,000 RPM. If you flip it upside down and put a shroud around the bottom of your case, it'll create a hovercraft.

I'm going the other way. I'm making a PSU that's 3x the size of regular PSUs. It's called Jumbo ATX. It's going to have a 480mm house fan in it that runs at 5,000 RPM. If you flip it upside down and put a shroud around the bottom of your case, it'll create a hovercraft.

Not going to lie: If you build a PSU that can double as a hovercraft, you'll have my unquestioning loyalty and money forever. :D

You, I like you.

Are these models designed to be top or bottom mounted? This would make a difference in how the sata cables are orientated.
My Corsair HX is top and my Seasonic XP is bottom. They do not work well switched around.

Why do they continue to have the sata connectors so far apart? If you have any drive caddy they are maybe 2 inches yet the plugs are 6, this just forces you to try and bend the cables so you do not stress out the HD connectors.

Drive cages mounted sideways, this can lead to the bend protruding out the side of the case and not allowing the side panel to be attached.

That'd be great. That way I can ride on my PC to and from work. My office PC sucks (they won't get me a new one yet), and many times I wish I had my home PC at work.

Who OEMs the CX series? I've got some AXs, HXs and some SeaSonics but have never risked going below those, but I need two new, additional PSUs and I'm feeling "cheap."

The OEM is Channel Well Technology (CWT) JonnyGuru states this as well on his review.
The builder series, least the CX430 V2 is and more then likely the entire line.
They also use Chinese Samxon caps, not Chemi-con which are much better quality.
The reason for the cheap price and 3 year warranty.

Here's hoping for a [H] review soon.

There will be at some point, but it won't be at embargo. There have been a number of issues with Corsair and handling the review of this unit. And as of right now we are still waiting on Corsair to come through with some advertised features documentation.

Last edited:
I want one, the corsair psu in my system is the loudest componant. But i did have a period of instability that resolved after a dusted it out.

I wonder if the fan blades have varying widths and distances.

Still nothing about the orientation of the plugs whether is it designed to be top or bottom mounted. This makes a huge difference of course depending on your case.
Most current cases are bottom but for those who have older top mounted [like solo or solo II] this could be a serious issue.

Back