Corsair Announces New Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers

Bought an H60 not too long ago.

The only reason I would upgrade to an H80 or H100 would be to use their "Link" system, which does look pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvstl-8_lmE

That's the software interface, but "Link" is HW that uses fans, temperature probes, and proprietary LED systems via the software so you can have control over all of the HW in your system, and set up parameters for that HW.

It's still unreleased, but the H80 and H100 are supposed to have connectivity to the new system. Depending on the cost of "Link" and the H100 or H80, I might use them all in my new build. I like the idea of being able to use a GUI to not only control every fan or cooling component in my case, but also be able to have the LEDs change color if my case is getting ready to melt... I wouldn't doubt if they introduced RAM, Cases, and PSUs with connectivity for "Link" in the near future if it becomes popular.

The only reason I would upgrade to an H80 or H100 would be to use their "Link" system, which does look pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvstl-8_lmE

That's the software interface, but "Link" is HW that uses fans, temperature probes, and proprietary LED systems via the software so you can have control over all of the HW in your system, and set up parameters for that HW.

It's still unreleased, but the H80 and H100 are supposed to have connectivity to the new system. Depending on the cost of "Link" and the H100 or H80, I might use them all in my new build. I like the idea of being able to use a GUI to not only control every fan or cooling component in my case, but also be able to have the LEDs change color if my case is getting ready to melt... I wouldn't doubt if they introduced RAM, Cases, and PSUs with connectivity for "Link" in the near future if it becomes popular.

Personally I don't much care for the LED's (I'ts a computer, not a Xmas tree) but I do kind of like that you can manage and monitor all your temps and fans from one location.

At first glance the link system just looked a lot like the software that came with the Antec Kuhler, but now it's apparent it does much more.

I played with Link at the Corsair booth @ CES in January, it was very cool. I think people will really like it.

I'm really curious about the performance of the H100. Hopefully [H] will do a review of it :)

I'm really curious about the performance of the H100. Hopefully [H] will do a review of it :)

I would love to see how the H80 and H100 perform compared to both the H70 and Antec Kuhler 920.

Not really interested in the H50 and H60 personally. IMHO, if I'm going to go with a closed loop water cooler, I want one that performs as good as or better than the top air coolers :p

Zarathustra[H];1037330622 said:
The H80 might, but the H100 wouldn't...

In fact, without some modding, none of the raven cases would work, as none of them have dual fan exhausts.

(Well, unless you want to place the rad on the intake side...)

I was going to buy an RV03 and use it with an Antec Kuhler 920, but I may just hold off for reviews of the H100 now.

I wish there were a dual fan exhaust case with the bottom to top airflow and video card air exhauset like the Raven cases...

CM 690 II and much cheaper. Probably not as nice, but you can mount a 240 at the top or bottom and you can add 2x 140mm side panel fans.

H100 would be perfect inside a 650D. Not too crazy about the Corsair Link system, but I'm pretty excited about 4x 4-pin connectors right on the CPU block - shows the H100 is designed to take a push/pull setup.

Any low-noise high-pressure fans to suggest for this? Never been keen on most of the stock fans which come with coolers, although these might be alright from what I've heard of the H60.

I'm considering getting the H80 or H100 to replace my ancient TRUE Black. The Corsair offerings will likely be cooler and easier to install. I just hope the price and performance are right compared to say, putting together a little self-built liquidcooling kit with a 240mm rad.

That said, I'm very interested in this Corsair Link. I remember that Nvidia was trying to do something like this a long time ago, but basically couldn't get people to adopt it, but it was a pretty good idea none the less. If there's a Corsair Link thread, I'll want to go there and talk about it in more detail, but in case Redbeard or someone else is browsing here..

The two biggest concerns I have with Corsair Link are basically regarding compatibility. For instance, it appears that there is some sort of windows-based management software as the primary way to interact with your Corsair Link system. Is there any way to interact with it at the moment if someone is on a Linux system? I'm glad that it seems all the connectors are standard (USB, molex, fan headers etc...), but are the protocols on which the Link communicates open? Over the years, I've passed over some really nice little gadgets because the only way to interact with them was a proprietary Windows program, and it took a long time before say the Linux community reverse engineered connectivity to use. Enthusiast PC hardware/software is definitely a Windows dominant market, but I'd like to ask that Corsair, if possible, go the extra mile as they often do and thus secure my repeat business.

Even if Corsair couldn't spare the software dev team long enough to kick out a full-on Linux client, please consider releasing the software as open source, providing a platform-neutral SDK, or at very least providing specs, documents, and simple examples for the community. Consider how the Logitech G-series GameBoard rocketed to prominence because Logi had the forethought to provide a nice little SDK and some open-source examples - now most AAA software and games include support for G-Series LCDs and their sales are strong. Had it been limited to just Logi software on Windows, I don't think that they would have sold nearly as much hardware.

Secondly, I don't know if Corsair can go into detail here, but are there any hardware partners for Corsair Link? For instance, high end motherboards and GPUs (ie. Asus ROG series) have their own monitoring software and special integration. Especially if Corsair Link was "open" in some manner, I think it would really help adoption to have other high-end hardware companies able to talk with Corsair Link and vice-versa. For instance, Asus could design their RoG boards and video cards to have an output for Corsair Link that would feed all the information the board detects (voltages, etc..) to the Link for centralized management and information processing, so you can overclock your GPU and have your lighting change on the same screen.

Yeah, that's probably a bit more extensive than I meant to write but the basic idea is that I'd just like Corsair to make the Link system as open as possible, providing at least the ability for someone to create a Linux client with feature parity to the Windows one. I think it can only benefit the adoption of the Corsair Link products to a wide audience. There are a lot of "one trick" proprietary monitoring devices lining the back rooms of enthusiast hardware shoppes, and I think Corsair can and will do better than that!

Truth be told, a "Link" like system should be built into the motherboard. I think that's what some Mobo Manufacturers aim for, but they fall way short. I'm even somewhat hesitant with "Link" because (Like Mobo manufacturers) Corsair is a hardware company, and this thing relies heavily on good intuitive software that would need to be updated regularly to offer new features and compatibility. Hardware companies tend to slack in this department, Drivers sometimes being the exception.

I will not be an early adopter for this reason. I might pick up a H80 or H100, but I will be waiting on Link until it becomes known how much Corsair is planning on supporting the software as well as hardware. Another concern is footprint on my system resources. I would imagine this thing has to run in the background at all times, so how much of my system is it eating up? Who wrote the program? etc... Price will also be a concern, If it is over $130 or so, I will most likely just let the Mobo handle the fans. The end product and it's true functionality will be the most important thing though.

I saw the H100s listed at $115~ at other retailers when it was accidentally leaked ahead of schedule and promptly removed. They are suggesting it'll be around $119~, but Direction is saying they are going to price it at $149.99 while being on sale for $105. I guess it's still a deal of sorts ($10~) from what we knew beforehand, but take it all with a pinch of salt.

I am sure Amazon and other online retailers will be relisting them very-shortly.

Amazon had these for 114. Not sure if they're still up

My understanding is that Link will support the H60, but only for reading temperature data from the liquid near the pump. Good enough for controlling the CPU fans. Not sure if the H80 or H100 supports more (maybe variable RPM pump?)...

Im quite content with my air cooling setup, but I really despise the amount of room it takes up on the top half of my case. Time to sell my TR Silver Arrow

I wonder how that thing would perform up against a XSPC Rasa Rs240 setup?

Don't be so sure about this part.

glad you posted this. Also dude I was curious if you knew how long the hoses are? I don't have a case that could mount the rad inside the case stock, so I would have to modify it somehow. But I'm not even sure the hoses would reach. Any inside would rule, thanks !

Back