Corsair Announces New Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced two new models in its award-winning Hydro Series™ family of high-performance liquid CPU coolers. The Hydro Series H80 and H100 feature the latest cooling performance technology, simple installation, and maintenance-free operation.

Both include a low-profile, light-weight cooling unit with a micro-channel copper cold plate and a split-flow manifold for superior cooling, and digital fan control, allowing the user to select between low-noise, balanced, and maximum cooling modes. The H80 includes a double-thick 120mm radiator for compatibility with virtually all standard ATX PC cases. The top-of-the-line H100 uses a dual 120mm radiator for even better performance, and is compatible with PC cases that provide mounting capability for a standard 240mm radiator.

I like the sound of the H100. Ill see how it performs and I might change my H50 for it.

So the H80 is just an H70 with a smaller RAD? I might look into this to be able to add the VC fan in FT03...

Ok guys I need a review on this asap..

OH and review the Swiftech H2O Edge kits will ya. ;)

I like the sound of the H100, but I think the H60 is still going to replace my H50. The whole "9db quiter" thing kind of made that decision for me. My H50 is the loudest thing in my case (well until I start playing games and turn the jet engine up to 80%) and it's really annoying. Plus my next case is going to be a micro-atx case and the H60 is probably all that will fit with relative ease. If the H100 comes out and is many times better than the H60 without being insanely loud I might consider it though, I'm not adverse to doing some case modding (or asking my brother do it technically) to make stuff fit.

I want a review ASAP... especially of the H100.

Either that or I am going to go ahead and put together my own syste, starting with a waterblock that I made about 10 years ago, a heater core, and a 350gph fish tank filter as the pump/resevior.

That is all the stuff I used when I originally built the system around 10 years ago. The H100 would take up less room, but if they are still going to use plastic casing for the pump/waterblock I may just have to use my custom setup as I do not want to take the chance of the pump housing melting and killing my system.

Will be selling a spare H50 I have and score a H100 to replace a H70 I currently have on my main rig.
Sweet!

Last edited:
id like to see them start offering these all in one kits with colored tubing/clear tubing with colored liquid

I like the sound of the H100, but I think the H60 is still going to replace my H50. The whole "9db quiter" thing kind of made that decision for me. My H50 is the loudest thing in my case (well until I start playing games and turn the jet engine up to 80%) and it's really annoying. Plus my next case is going to be a micro-atx case and the H60 is probably all that will fit with relative ease. If the H100 comes out and is many times better than the H60 without being insanely loud I might consider it though, I'm not adverse to doing some case modding (or asking my brother do it technically) to make stuff fit.

The H100 will be better than the H60 without being as loud simply due to the fact that it'll be using a 2x120mm radiator.

Just bought the H50 last night @ BB....well, at least I haven't opened it yet. Let's see some reviews...soon please. :p

So the H80 is just an H70 with a smaller RAD? I might look into this to be able to add the VC fan in FT03...
I think the H80 is the H70 with the pump that is similar to the one used on the H60.

Boy, that H100 does sure look tempting... It would give me a reason to mod my Antec 300... I just wish the hoses were long enough so I could mount the rad up front.

I brought this up with red a while back, said there was a tiny market for it. I knew they would eventually hit a 240 layout, that 600T was made for one.

The H100 fans, radiator and tubing look almost identical to my CoolIT C240. Not surprising since they partnered with Corsair for these. But the pump would have to be something special for it to find its way into my case!

The tubing is quite stiff by the way. (thats what she said)

Holy crap. The H100 is only $10 more than the H80. If you have a case that will fit a 240MM rad then its a no brainer to go for the H100. When I get a new case soon I will factor in the 240MM rad , if the H100 is much better than my H50.

what about your video cards? They are still going to be loud like no tomorrow.. They need to make a video card version.

I wish the H100 was thicker though, it's only 27mm. The H70 is 50mm. Maybe I'll wait for the inevitable H120 for the 50mm thickness.

you know what...i was going to buy a new case and get rid of my antec 1200 cause it's showing it age, but forget that, ill just buy a h100 and stick it where the 2 exhaust fans are.

Does anyone have any pics of the H100? I'd like to know how far you can mount the rad from the cpu mount.

I wish the H100 was thicker though, it's only 27mm. The H70 is 50mm. Maybe I'll wait for the inevitable H120 for the 50mm thickness.
Well, testing has probably been done on radiator thickness versus surface area.

A super quick Google search turns up someone saying that thinner and broader is better than thicker and smaller and this is in regards to automobile cooling. This seems to be incorrect.

http://www.alumorad.com/radiator-rowsthe-myth.html
Says that thickness and fin density is important.

I'd like to see benches for the new products before purchasing but I want to hypothesize that the H100 would cool better.

Think I might have to retire my TRUE 120 for that H100.

That would perfectly in my Antec 1200 case.....0_o add in 4 scythe fans..../drool

Darn, new stuff! I have a H70.

I won't cry yet, let's see how the noobs on the market perform. But it's cosair they always come out with cool stuff. sniff sniff.

Well, testing has probably been done on radiator thickness versus surface area.

A super quick Google search turns up someone saying that thinner and broader is better than thicker and smaller and this is in regards to automobile cooling. This seems to be incorrect.

http://www.alumorad.com/radiator-rowsthe-myth.html
Says that thickness and fin density is important.

I'd like to see benches for the new products before purchasing but I want to hypothesize that the H100 would cool better.

Thinner and broader IS better IF you have good fin density. If you compare two coolers that are made out of the same materials, have the same size tubing, and have the same fin density but one is smaller and thicker and the other is thinner and broader, the thinner and broader one should win every time.

I dont think this would fit on Silverstone Raven Rv03.. :( Would love to try it.

The H80 might, but the H100 wouldn't...

In fact, without some modding, none of the raven cases would work, as none of them have dual fan exhausts.

(Well, unless you want to place the rad on the intake side...)

I was going to buy an RV03 and use it with an Antec Kuhler 920, but I may just hold off for reviews of the H100 now.

I wish there were a dual fan exhaust case with the bottom to top airflow and video card air exhauset like the Raven cases...

Last edited:
Sad to see that they are still using that horrible hose. That is the only thing I hate about my H50. Feels like I'm going to break it every time I move it.

"The Hydro Series H80 will be available for a US suggested retail price of $109 USD, and the Hydro Series H100 will be available for a US suggested retail price of $119 USD."

I saw the H100s listed at $115~ at other retailers when it was accidentally leaked ahead of schedule and promptly removed. They are suggesting it'll be around $119~, but Direction is saying they are going to price it at $149.99 while being on sale for $105. I guess it's still a deal of sorts ($10~) from what we knew beforehand, but take it all with a pinch of salt.

expected release date?

"The Hydro Series H80 and H100 will be available from Corsair-authorized retailers worldwide in June. "

I am sure Amazon and other online retailers will be relisting them very-shortly.

I'm seriously thinking my next upgrade will include the Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower Case with the H100. I just have sneaking suspicions that the H100 won't offer a large magnitude of cooling efficiency over its brethren due to the limited amount of coolant contained therein.

I can't wait for some reviews to start coming out for these.

I WAS going to build a system with an Antec Kuhler H20 920, but now I am looking at that H80...

I would go H100, but I just can't seem to find a case I like that has dual fan exhausts. (Well, except the Silverstone Temjin TJ11, but there is no way I'm paying $600 for a case)

Back