Corsair Announces Force Series 3 Solid State Drives

HardOCP News

[H] News
Corsair®, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the Force Series™ 3 family of solid-state drives. The newly announced Force Series 3 models take advantage of the new SATA 6.0 Gb/s (SATA 3) interface to deliver impressive speed at an attractive price. The Force Series 3 features the highest performance version of the latest-generation SandForce SF-2281 SSD Processor with out-of-box read and write speeds of up to 550 MB/s and 520 MB/s respectively, and an impressive 85000K IOPS for measurably faster system response, boot times and application load times than SATA 2 solid-state drives. All Force Series 3 models are also backward compatible with SATA 2, and include an easy-to-use 3.5” adapter to allow owners of both desktop and notebook PCs to enjoy the cool, quiet operation and enhanced system performance made possible by replacing their traditional mechanical hard drive with an SSD.

what do you know, I might change my mind of having an SSD when this comes out :)

Wow, that is awesome. Wonder what the price on that thing will be! I am getting to ready to upgrade my ssd somewhat soon. :)

I'd like to see this drive compared to the ocz vertex 3. Then I'll make up my mind.

I want a big fat SSD for my primary drive.

I have 6TB of Samsungs and I wouln't mind the speed bump from a quality SSD.

How is this different from the realSSD series which are already SATA 3?

I will wait for some reviews first,but if they perform close to those specs,then I would definitely consider buying one providing I can afford the size I want to buy.

I'd like to see this drive compared to the ocz vertex 3. Then I'll make up my mind.

I just spend like $550 on a Vertex 3 + Vertex 3 MAX IOPS (75k) and now I see these Corsair 120GB (85k) IOPS for $220!? WTF! lmao.

I too, shall wait for performance benchmarks to see if I should get these for my other machines.

Shouldnt be hard to beat the Vertex drives being they have a high failure and degradation rate.

does this mean two of drives in raid 0 would be bottlenecked by the sata data path, or having two of them on the same controller would do the same thing?

Back