Corsair and MSI on the Test Bench Tonight

Awesome, I've been looking at putting that board into a build. Interested to hear your feedback on how it responds to tweaks with the bios.

I long for the days when I could afford such goodies to play with. Am waiting patiently wearing a bib for the review to be published so I can drool some more without wrecking my shirt.

Holy shit, $580 for 16GB. That's $75 more than their 4500 MT/s kit. Is 100 MT/s worth that much?

lol.... I'll have to get by with the 16GB DDR4 3200 I bought for $150 on Black Friday.

Too bad I didn't invest in Bitcoin in the early days, I could afford some better memory.
Yeah I know..... go be poor someplace else! :greedy:

It will be interesting to see what the memory bandwidth does for performance, I feel like it will be a mixed bag in Games, office suites/data would see the largest gains.

Edit:

Oh, also Kyle, I was going to ask if you thought about mounting the water block the other way. Even with the water spreader, there is more water flow directly in line on the channels from the inlet. And if you rotate the block 90, then that channel would be right over the entire CPU under the heatspreader. Which on a smaller die isnt a big deal, but the 8600/8700 dies are rectangle in shape.

Last edited:
I have the non-mini version of this board and (what I though was excessive) some Dominator 4000. XMP makes my temps go through the roof, but just inputting the values manually works flawlessly. So far so good at 4.8GHz. I'm sure I could probably hit 5GHz, but I don't know if I'd see any benefit to justify the extra heat/noise.

4600mhz? Nice. Would it make more than a 1% difference in any benchmark though? And for only 3 to 4 times the price of 2666.

Use software - thaiphoon burner, http://www.softnology.biz/files.html
I have never seen that program before. Call me newly educated! Many thanks.

K4A8G085WB-BCPB

4600 SPD.png

Back