Corsair Air 540 "Crush"

Ask and you shall receive....late. lol

5cmm.jpg

@ Fordfanboy : Constructive criticism is always welcome. The "offsets" don't bother me, the reservoir hook ups in the back do! The reasons for the offsets actually have to do with the decision to mount SSD drives to the bottom of the case. I wanted enough room down there to ensure a proper fit, and test fitting with the tubing too low prevented that. If I could do it all over again, I would keep the tubing roughly the same, while changing the reservoir location / hookups drastically. Even still, it still came out very well and never fails to impress when people come over.

If only, there was a decent full coverage UV spot available....

@ JohnGreene : It took awhile. About 8 hours from start to finish for the whole build. I'm much faster with it now, but prefer copper.

@ JedixJarf : Better late than never! Temps are extremely stable. Under load I'm getting around 33c on the cpu when playing BF4. GPU's are about the same, hitting the mid 40's after long sessions.

@ Midnight : Thanks! I thought about the idea when we decided to upgrade a laser at work with hard tubing (closed loop chilled). Primochill showed off their tubing about a week later...I thought it would be fun. Fitting was 100% eyeball. Not many issues, but it is TIME CONSUMING.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
as always, it's hard to capture a nice rig in a picture.. I bet it's stunning in person. :)

Another great 540 build. That's 3 I've found here in [H] after I decided to go with the 540. Just reinforcing my decision

Back