Corsair Air 540 case $99.99 AR @ Microcenter (B&M and Online)

Destruya

Limp Gawd
http://www.microcenter.com/product/...low_White_LED_ATX_Cube_Computer_Case_-_Black#

$119.99 after Instant Rebate, $99.99 after $20 MIR.

Amazon is at $139.99, so this is pretty damned nice. I didn't *feel* like buying a new case, but I've had my eye on this one for a while now. Their web store (selectable from the top of the page) lists it as in-stock with a shipping window of 1-3 days. I think this is only available for the black model, not the silver or white.

The front intake fans have white LED's too....this is not standard on this case elsewhere AFAIK (ie NewEgg, Amazon's regular black variant of this case do not have LED's in the front fans).

They don't bother me, but they can be clipped out if you don't want them.

I love the case, only gripe I have is I'll probably have to sell it when I get an SR-2 because I doubt that'll fit. :D Officially it won't, but I'm damn sure still gonna try. ;) I think it's gonna be a few inches short on the depth though. :(

Hmm, the AF140 fans (the case has room for two more) are currently on a Gold Box sale @ Amazon:

(price no longer valid)

Last edited:
I have this case and the fans that it comes with are a much lower quality than the AF140. One of mine was making a bad noise.

Case is still pretty good.

The case comes with two front intake and an exhaust, but lacks the two for the side. Newegg wants 20.99 per fan to Amazon's 14.99. Newegg has the LED-equipped fans for 16.99 regularly-priced, though. I do wonder if you really *need* the extra 140s, though.

?? Case does not have side fan mounts. :confused:

I have the stock fans and am happy with the temps.
2 front 140mm LED intakes, none up top, 1 rear exhaust 140mm.
120mm on my TRUE, other than the fans on my 560Ti's, that's it.
2500K @ 4.2 - 1.265 Vcc, 560Ti SLI 925/1850/2400. CPU load temps stay around 60, GPU load temps usually don't go above 80.

Was going to 'fill it out' with fans, but figured I'd try it as is before doing so....happy as it is.

Stock fans make very little noise (for me) - only noise I hear in this case is from the 3.25" hot swap SATA bays because my HDD's (2TB Seagate, 1TB Samsung) cause a humming (almost rotational?) noise every once in awhile. I do think the hot swap bays are somewhat cheaply made (and the rubber grommets do nothing to quiet them down), but I'm still very happy with the case overall. Best air case I've owned since the FT02.

?? Case does not have side fan mounts. :confused:

I meant the 'top' mounts, but I intend on setting the case on its side, so they'd be 'side' mounts for me. And as for the case only having twin 3.5" bays, I still find it baffling how anyone who isn't a 'file collector' could max twin 2-4TB HDDs.

I meant the 'top' mounts, but I intend on setting the case on its side, so they'd be 'side' mounts for me. And as for the case only having twin 3.5" bays, I still find it baffling how anyone who isn't a 'file collector' could max twin 2-4TB HDDs.

RAID.

Also, I have 3 (three) 2TB drives internally and one 3TB external. As well as a 120GB SSD for OS and a 960GB SSD for applications.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this many drives. :confused:

Try storing all your dvds and blurays for networked home-theater-PCs. I'm up to 26TB and counting in a 4U rack. They could have easily put several more 3.5" bays (or at least made them optional) and made this a good choice for a home file server, too much wasted space.

I'm a little disappointed in the 3.5" drive thing myself, but I haven't used DVD drives in years, so I don't see too big an issue with converting the 2 x 5.25" bays into 2 or 3 more 3.5" drive mounting positions.

A little ouch on the shipping, but still better a better price than you usually see.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back