Corsair 8500 Dominator SPD Timings Tables Weirdness

LgEnder

n00b
I decided to take a look at my SPD Timings Tables to see if there was anything wrong because I have been unable to post with this RAM with SLI Enabled Memory enabled in the CMOS.

There is only one set of timings, of 0-5-5-15. Seems a bit odd to me, anyone confirm? ;)
Both sticks are the same.

CORSPD.jpg

?!?!?! that seems really really weird. Because while 8500/8=1066, I wouldn't think corsair would program spd like that to have 533 right in there at timings like that, since it'd probably for sure require more volts than jedec 1.8v, and I could see no post situations often. Also, I'm a bit out of the loop in terms of timings. What is cas0??

Corsair reps do monitor this subforum and I'm sure you'll get a more reasonable reply soon. Did you buy the ram second hand? Maybe someone reprogrammed the spd?

Not easy to do. PM a link with this thread to Redbeard, he's the official Corsair rep around here.

Bought from NewEgg so the SPD tables haven't been modified. Anyone else with the 8500 Dominator want to check their tables to see if it might just be a CPU-Z problem?

I don't think CAS0 exists, hence my worries. ;)

I'll send Redbeard a PM. Thanks for the suggestion.

LgEnder said:
Doesn't matter that that SPD image given isn't Dominator?

The SPD on dominator and non-dominator modules is the same except for the name field. The actual value are identical.

Keep in mind this will only work with 8500C5 parts, and nothing else. Also, if you have non-8500C5 parts and use this file, you'll likely screw up your memory and also be out of warranty.

This will not void the warranty on 8500C5 parts, though, since there were a small number that left the factory with an SPD error due to a faulty SPD writer.

Redbeard said:
The SPD on dominator and non-dominator modules is the same except for the name field. The actual value are identical.

Keep in mind this will only work with 8500C5 parts, and nothing else. Also, if you have non-8500C5 parts and use this file, you'll likely screw up your memory and also be out of warranty.

This will not void the warranty on 8500C5 parts, though, since there were a small number that left the factory with an SPD error due to a faulty SPD writer.

Alright thanks, wanted to make sure before I wrote them to the chips. Thanks a ton for the speedy help. :cool:

Back