Corsair: 650D

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by the total lack of communication regarding that promised mesh side panel. I called Corsair and the rep I talked to said they'd cancelled plans to make it. Not sure if I believe him but with Redbeard MIA lately I'm just going to have to assume it's not coming.

Might be forced to DIY something. The thermals in the 650D are just not as good as I'd hoped and I'm tired of hearing my video card screaming in a hot case.

Honestly I'm a bit disappointed by the total lack of communication regarding that promised mesh side panel. I called Corsair and the rep I talked to said they'd cancelled plans to make it. Not sure if I believe him but with Redbeard MIA lately I'm just going to have to assume it's not coming.

Might be forced to DIY something. The thermals in the 650D are just not as good as I'd hoped and I'm tired of hearing my video card screaming in a hot case.

I'm with you on that. I've pretty much been checking the Corsair web site weekly to see if the mesh insert popped up. That was a big part of the reason why I bought the case - I wasn't really thrilled with the airflow, but I figured the mesh insert would fix that. I even have four sad little 120mm fans sitting on my shelf just waiting for the insert.

I'm disappointed too. This is the first and last case from Corsair. I normally buy Lian Li but decided to try Corsair. I'll never make that mistake again.:(

All we get is bullshit information. Redbeard is full of shit and until I see pics of the mesh panel for sale at a retailer, I call BS. :mad::mad::mad:

Lian Li, will you ever forgive me.:eek:

The mesh side panel thing is entirely my fault, guys. I've got inventory and I just never enabled it on the web store. I'm an idiot - I really thought I did it in September with a bunch of other parts.

I'll turn it on this week when I get back to work.

The mesh side panel thing is entirely my fault, guys. I've got inventory and I just never enabled it on the web store. I'm an idiot - I really thought I did it in September with a bunch of other parts.

I'll turn it on this week when I get back to work.

straight up honesty, very honorable and refreshing from a company.

corsair + redbeard = <3

Redbeard, will get the mesh panel? Shipping from corsair to Canada is absurd.

Last edited:
Ugh I just bought this case I hope I made the right choice hadn't read to much of this thread. I am switching the top and front fans to CM Megaflows and the rear fan to a Scythe Slipstream 88cfm is my cooling going to be pretty subpar? Is there anything I can do to better it. Mesh side panel prob in my future as well?

What is it exactly that is wrong with the usb3.0 front connectors and what do I need to make them better?

edit: Oh and should I be buying rubber screw things for fans or does it come with them? Any noise reduction techniques y'all have for me to get? Might as well get it all ordered before the case gets here....

I bought a actual fan controller with knobs because I heard the one on the case was no good IDK if I will use it yet but I have it lol. Would it be worth turning some fans down to get more positive pressure or better to just blast em all max?

Cooling is subpar with this case. Until they add side panel you're SOL for sufficient cooling.

Hmmmmm I dont like the look of that case as much and its way more expensive. I think ill just wait it out for the mesh side panel. Does anyone have any suggestions on case noise management? Any quick easy things they have ordered for the case? Other then changing the fans of course I have ordered all new ones for those already.

Hmmmmm I dont like the look of that case as much and its way more expensive. I think ill just wait it out for the mesh side panel. Does anyone have any suggestions on case noise management? Any quick easy things they have ordered for the case? Other then changing the fans of course I have ordered all new ones for those already.
Wouldn't a mesh side panel replace the window? I really want a windowed case.

Ya I too would prefer the windowed look. I will of course see how my temps are before I go changing something like that. I am only trying to take a i5 2500k to 4.5-4.7 so I dont know how hot its actually going to get in there.

I found the bitfenix usb 3.0 cables to header adapter on Xoxide I think I am going to pick up per suggestion from this thread. Still trying to find anything else I might need to get so I can combine as much of the shipping as I can.

Do the fans in this case come with rubber screws already? If not is there a particular brand that is any good? With the air pressure the way it is does this case get pretty dusty? Would adding any filters to any of the other fans help?

Hey guys, I feel really badly about forgetting that mesh side panel, so tell you what - if you email me directly [email protected], let me see what I can do for you. Just send me a link to your first post in this thread and we'll work something out.

£30 for the mesh insert with delivery?

Got to be joking. If there are no retailers selling this in the UK then it is goodbye case.

Hey guys, I feel really badly about forgetting that mesh side panel, so tell you what - if you email me directly [email protected], let me see what I can do for you. Just send me a link to your first post in this thread and we'll work something out.

Thank you for your honesty and your involvement here in the community. I appreciate your quick work and I am very much looking forward to my mesh insert!

Do we know what kind of deal he is talking about I emailed him but haven't got a response yet.

I kind of wish they would give up on this case.

Then come out with a new model like a 675d or something where they add/change
a) usb 3.0 support with motherboard connectors out of the box
b) a fan controller that works out of the box
c) a front intake fan that can be replaced with standard 120/140mm fans
d) gotten rid of cheap looking plastic clips on the side panels and use a method similar to the 800d
e) change the window on the side panel to get rid of that lame molding and have it be flush like the 800d
f) or change the side panel to have mesh with fan options
g) also appreciated would be an extra inch or so at the top of the case to run a radiator in push/pull easier
h) while they're changing the front fan to allow 120/140mm fans might as well get a radiator fitting in the front.

I've been tempted for awhile to get this case but it just seems like they made some large, poor aesthetic choices and some large, poor functional choices so for the time being my attention to getting a new case is directed elsewhere.

Good luck finding that dream case. I believe that even the "best" case out there still has some flaws in it, considering that they are way more expensive than the 650D.

Whats the fan configuration options on the mesh panel, I can see mounting points for 4 x 120mm, what are the other mounting point options?

Thank you Mr Beard, I will be ordering one today ;)

So if I went with the single 200mm would it be better to have it intake or exhaust, right now I have the front intake and the H80 on the read intake, and 2 140mm fans on top exhaust

and if I went with the 4 x 120mm would it work if I put the bottom most fans on intake and the top two on exhaust?

Perhaps this belongs in another thread but it seems like Redbeard's attention is here:

Any chance there will be a mesh side panel for the 800D or a USB3 upgrade with an internal header connector?

I have to ask, even without the mesh replacement, how are the temperatures for you guys?

I mean, considering the 400R/500R has more slots for fans, do they cool more than the 650D?

Assuming this thread isn't dead:

I have a Cooler Master H212 Plus CPU cooler with a couple of 140mm fans in push-pull configuration.

1) Will I be able to fit my spare 200 mm fan between the mesh side panel and the CPU cooler?

2) If not 1), is there any reason why I couldn't flip the mesh side panel upside down, and use this 200mm fan to drive air directly into the GPU's? Would that put the fan below the CPU cooler?

3) In general, what are your fan configs? I've got the front 200mm and rear 120 mm fans as intake, while the top dual 140mm fans (where I got the spare 200mm from) are exhaust, and the CPU cooler points up, acting as an extra GPU cooler. How should I change this after getting the mesh side panel? All intake with mesh as exhaust?

I have to ask, even without the mesh replacement, how are the temperatures for you guys?

I mean, considering the 400R/500R has more slots for fans, do they cool more than the 650D?

Really it depends on the config. If you have multiple GPUs, having the mesh side panel helps a lot.

What are you all planning on doing re: dust with the mesh panels? Getting a custom demci filter or something?

Can someone post a pic of this case with the Mesh installed? Wondering what it will look like. If possible with and without fans installed.

Back