Corsair: 650D

We got a big box of them Friday afternoon - we'll be shipping them out starting tomorrow. Today is a holiday in the US.

What're the specs on the 120MM fan included with this case?

I just received all of the parts for my new build on Friday (650D, H60, 16GB Vengeance, Force 3, HX750; Corsair products out the butt) and I was thinking about doing push/pull with my H60 using the included 120MM case fan instead of shelling out an additional $40 for 2 new fans.

If anyone knows the specs, please share! :)

The included 120mm fan is much lower RPM than the stock H60 fan, and lower static pressure. It would help as a "pull" fan, though. So if you use the H60's included fan as the push fan and 650D's 120mm fan as a pull, you should get some temp drops. If you do it the other way around, though, you'll get much worse temps.

Redbeard,

Can the H100 be used as intake like the other Hydro series?

I want to use a push/pull system, But need to know what 4 types of fans I need, 3pin or 4pin.

Redbeard,

Can the H100 be used as intake like the other Hydro series?

I want to use a push/pull system, But need to know what 4 types of fans I need, 3pin or 4pin.

The H100 can be used as a top intake, sure. The H100 has PWM control built-in, and can control either 3-pin or 4-pin fans, unless you have 4-pin molex fans.

The other issue is depth - depending on your motherboard, doing push-pull fully inside the case would be a bit challenging since it would require at least 75mm of clearance down from the top. Works fine in our full towers, but the mid-towers are designed for push or pull only.

The H100 can be used as a top intake, sure. The H100 has PWM control built-in, and can control either 3-pin or 4-pin fans, unless you have 4-pin molex fans.

The other issue is depth - depending on your motherboard, doing push-pull fully inside the case would be a bit challenging since it would require at least 75mm of clearance down from the top. Works fine in our full towers, but the mid-towers are designed for push or pull only.

I'm not sure if it's written somewhere else but I can't find it . . .

for the h100 I'm sure you guys have done the testing so what would work best in the 650d on the top as exhaust: push or pull?

thanks

Are there no reviews for the H100 anywhere at all yet?

Off topic, but right now I am running 4GB of RAM. This used to be the sweet spot, but now it seems that 8GB is more than worth it. Only thing holding me back is I am unsure of what 2x4GB kit to get that will allow me to keep my current overclock.

Will I see better performance with 8GB ram at slightly looser timings? Right now I'm working with 9-9-9-24 under the XMP-2000 profile. Sad to say it is not Corsair memory...G.Skill DDR3-2000 (PC-16000) You guys have been a huge help to me and a ton of other people regarding a lot of issues, so I figured I would throw it out there and see if anyone had any recommendations.

Guess I'll email Redbeard soon and see if he can sneak into the RAM department...

joe x3 - it has been my experience that if you're not doing anything that is memory intensive, the extra 4GB of RAM won't make a difference at all. However, if you run multiple VMs, then the more memory the better. Or if you're processing RAW picture files then more RAM helps. As far as games are concerned, I have experienced no improvement.

I think you might be better off getting 2 120mm fans. I use 2 coolermaster 120s and they are 2000rpms and only cost $9 each.

The included 120mm fan is much lower RPM than the stock H60 fan, and lower static pressure. It would help as a "pull" fan, though. So if you use the H60's included fan as the push fan and 650D's 120mm fan as a pull, you should get some temp drops. If you do it the other way around, though, you'll get much worse temps.

I actually found my original H50 box (which is in the machine passed down to my bro) and the unused 120MM fan it came with; I'm going to use it for push/pull on my new H60 system. It's responses like these that keep me coming back to [H]!

That most likely will cause a dilemma with my corsair vengeance ram & 650D, Since they have tall heatsinks.

Dying to get the H100

We got a big box of them Friday afternoon - we'll be shipping them out starting tomorrow. Today is a holiday in the US.

I sent you an email a few days ago about a replacement linear fan controller.
Need mine replaced as the switch is so loose it is difficult to move it to medium from low or high, and it feels like it's going to break off. :(

Is there a gallery for this case up on the forums yet? I didnt see one, but maybe i missed it. If not someone should start one up! I will be getting this case next week and upgrading from an Antec 300. It will be nice to be able to do cable management without the need for a dremel! I will post pics up as I migrate all my components. Who knows, maybe the H100 will be out by then and I can pick that up and then move my H50 into my HTPC.

Got my H80 delivered today. Rest of the parts come tomorrow and finishing my build over the weekend. Will post pics.

Waiting impatiently for the H100 to make it to stores.

http://www.techpowerup.com/148643/C...y-of-New-Hydro-Series-Liquid-CPU-Coolers.html

This press release states:

Corsair Announces Availability of New Hydro Series Liquid CPU Coolers

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced "worldwide retail availability" of the Hydro Series H80 and H100 liquid CPU coolers.

Translated into reality, we all know from experience this really means the H100 will be available from Newegg in August and from Amazon by October...Say it ain't so Mr. George!;(

http://www.techpowerup.com/148643/C...y-of-New-Hydro-Series-Liquid-CPU-Coolers.html

In this one photo if you look really close, it looks like a 650D in the back seat…

IMG_0084.jpg

And this one, it’s a little grainy but looks like this guy is sitting on an H100, or is that Scooby’s tail? Well at least he's got one, we are all still waiting!;)

IMG_0081.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay - my mix up on the dates. H100 should be in some stores at the end of next week.

Is there a gallery for this case up on the forums yet? I didnt see one, but maybe i missed it. If not someone should start one up! I will be getting this case next week and upgrading from an Antec 300. It will be nice to be able to do cable management without the need for a dremel! I will post pics up as I migrate all my components. Who knows, maybe the H100 will be out by then and I can pick that up and then move my H50 into my HTPC.

My build is on page 59 and there are a few others in this thread. You have to weed through a lot of bullshit though.

Sorry for the delay - my mix up on the dates. H100 should be in some stores at the end of next week.

Hopefully it will be in Microcenter next week?

My build is on page 59 and there are a few others in this thread. You have to weed through a lot of bullshit though.

We should definitely start a 650D gallery then. I will be getting my 650D along with a slew of other stuff tomorrow. I am building a new PC for my father and upgrading mine. New case, new video card, possibly an SSD. :D

Anyone receive their fan controller yet? I sent the request for one almost 2 months ago, is that seriously what Corsair call good customer service? :/

You sell a flawed case and then take what I consider a long amount of time to help customers that are having problems.

You put up solid side panels where the shipping cost is double the cost of the side panel itself making it not cost effective for anyone outside of the US to order one, even though I'm pretty sure Corsair have offices in the EU.

Anyone receive their fan controller yet? I sent the request for one almost 2 months ago, is that seriously what Corsair call good customer service? :/

You sell a flawed case and then take what I consider a long amount of time to help customers that are having problems.

You put up solid side panels where the shipping cost is double the cost of the side panel itself making it not cost effective for anyone outside of the US to order one, even though I'm pretty sure Corsair have offices in the EU.

I havent & I have a faulty front panel connection too and havent gotten that fixed yet either.

I got my 650D yesterday(the newest model with the fixed fan controller), along with 8GB of Vengeance RAM :D ! Microcenter didn't have the H100 in yet, so I will just have to stick with my H50 push/pull for now. I have the majority of my stuff installed, just have to install some UV lighting and run those wires to make it look all pretty inside.

Hi! I'm looking forward to buy this case. But first I would like to know some details I'm not sure about.
I currently have an eATX motherboard (ASUS Rampage II Extreme) and a pair of ATI 5870 in crossfire. Would they fit in this case connected to the farthest PCI-e connector of each other? (One in the first of the "blue ones" and the other in the bottom "white one"). Would my motherboard block the case holes for cable management? Is this case "noisy"?
I currently have an Antec 1200 and I hate it. Not enough room for my hardware, the fans are loud and noisy and my motherboard completely blocks all the holes for cable management. And the worst part of all, both graphic cards are stick toguether so the top one overheats really fast.

Thanks in advance!

I dont know about the motherboard off the top of my head, but I have the Gigabyte 6870 with the triple fan cooling solution (11.5" i believe) and i still have a good 3 inches of space between the card and the hard drive bays.

It will fit. My Maximus IV Extreme fits.

The only thing it'll do is cover up a grommet. But it does fit.

img0758bm.jpg

As for the video cards, Not sure.

I got an email from corsair saying my fan controller was shipped out friday and I should have it this week.

I think this is the case that would pull me away from Lian Li... If it were aluminum.

It got me. I've been strictly Lian LI since 1998. Now I own a 650D and sometimes I feel kind of dirty but satisfied.:p

It will fit. My Maximus IV Extreme fits.

The only thing it'll do is cover up a grommet. But it does fit.

As for the video cards, Not sure.

Dudest, you are outrageous! Tell us all about this Asus Wide Board install into the 650D! The Front wide Asus Boards just cover the three 650D grommets 2/3rds or 3/4qts of the aperture? Is there still room to move the 24pin thru before or after installing the mainboard?
I am looking at an Asus Rampage IV wide board ATX LGA2011 and would love to know if I can push the 24pin PSU cable thru or have to re-route everything around the ODD underbank. Thanks Fantomau!!! You Da Man!

Last edited:
Back