Corsair 6400C4D Promos - What we do, how we do it, and our offer

PredatorJ said:
I sent my email 2 days ago and haven't recieved a response. I sent it again today. Can you let me know if you recieved it?
My name is Jeremy Rich

Thanks

Jeremy, I did not receive your email. Please PM me with your name/email address/physical address/phone number, and I'll see what I can do to get you in on the program.

Sticks arrived at Corsiar! :) Anyone hear back ? got thier new ones? I need mine by wendsday .

Redbeard,

Thank you very much! You guys rock! My 8500C5D came today and running at 1213mhz at 5:5:5:15:2T @ 2.3v. Passed MemTest 4 rounds and I figured that is enough for now. I will test some more this weekend.

Thanks again Corsair!

Hey Redbeard,

My modules might take a while longer to get to you folks. I talked to Marisol last Monday and told her that when I sent my four sticks by Canada Post Air Small Packet I somehow managed to forget to include your ZIP code for Fremont, CA. I had all your other address information on the package, but somehow in my sleepy daze I dumbly forgot to include the ZIP. I guess this is why someone should not be sending parcels after working an 18 hour day. Anyways, I talked to the folks at Canada post and they said that worst case scenario either the package is going to end up stuck at a sorting station until someone adds in the extra info, or the package might be rejected and sent back to me. If this happens, I will courier the modules back to you again, this time hopefully remembering to include all the necessary information. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Thanks again,
Jason Lowe

BTW - Just curious, but how large is Fremont? Just wondering if the parcel did make it as far as there sans the ZIP code if the average posty would know where to find your office on Landing Parkway.

loafer87gt said:
Hey Redbeard,
BTW - Just curious, but how large is Fremont? Just wondering if the parcel did make it as far as there sans the ZIP code if the average posty would know where to find your office on Landing Parkway.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont,_CA

210,000 people and ~77 square miles of land. It's fairly large. I'm not sure how this stuff works with the post office and a lack of zip code. Worst case, you'll get the package back. Best case, we'll get it with somebody else's handwriting on the zip code.

Either way, there's no time limit on your thing since you're already included in the program. So whenever we get the modules, you'll hear from us and we'll send you the new ones.

The C4D modules and NewEgg incvoice copy are on the way to you via UPS, for Tuesday delivery. I'll be waiting for your call. Thanks once again for the help. It's superb customer service!

Dave Pacek

Markd89 said:
Email sent to RedBeard.

Thanks
Mark

I received my advance replacement 8500's and have them installed now. The 6400's are on their way back to Fremont with Monday's Fedex.

I wanted to add that I am really impressed with the service. The norm these days seems to be for poor service, so it's especially encouraging when I get a really good experience. That's what makes for positive word of mouth and repeat business.

Thanks again!
Mark

Waterboy said:
My 6400C4D is running at 441mhz at 2.1v with timings of 4:3:3:8:2T

882mhz at 4:3:3:8 or 1066mhz at 5:5:5:15? Which is better? Is it worth another $100 (guessing here)?

Did not see the response to Waterboys post but I could have gone by it. So which is better?

My 6400C4D modules are on their way, shipped them out this evening (yay for Fedex accepting packages late in the evening for 2 day air). I included a copy of the invoice in the package. They should deliver Thursday morning. Thanks again for all your help Redbeard!

As many have said before me - Thank you for your awesome customer service!

Matt V.

Redbeard said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fremont,_CA

210,000 people and ~77 square miles of land. It's fairly large. I'm not sure how this stuff works with the post office and a lack of zip code. Worst case, you'll get the package back. Best case, we'll get it with somebody else's handwriting on the zip code.

Either way, there's no time limit on your thing since you're already included in the program. So whenever we get the modules, you'll hear from us and we'll send you the new ones.
With good answers like this ...no wonder Corsair got thier claws on ya!!

Can anyone at Corsair confirm that my ram arrived yesterday at the Corsair offices? Should have come in at 12:30pm addressed to George.

Much Appreciated,
Aidan Cahill

What shipping method did Corsair use for you guys?

They said they were shipping my ram yesterday, but I still dont have a tracking number.

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

Lith1um said:
What shipping method did Corsair use for you guys?

They said they were shipping my ram yesterday, but I still dont have a tracking number.

Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

They shipped mine FedEx next day. (They got my modules Tuesday morning... I had the replacements in my hand Wednesday evening. Can't ask for faster than that!)

Ex

Thanks Crow,

Did they provide you with a tracking number? Weird that they didn't provide me with one.

Marisol said my modules were ready and she would ship them yesterday. No sight of them today, so either they didn't ship them next day, they didn't ship them, or someone got to them before me.

Wish I had a damn tracking number. I just sent an email requesting one.

Anyway, I hope they arrive friday. This kinda agitates me.

No, I never got a tracking number. it all happened so fast, I never had a chance to ask for one.

Ex

Thanks Crow.

Edit:

Ok, everything is under control.

Got an email from Marisol. My ram should be here tomorrow. Cool.

Well, everything went smoothly until i actually received my new RAM.

Corsair sent me back the exact same stuff, PC6400C4D v 2.1.

I looked at the pack of RAM and said WTF??

I sent an email to Marisol I believe. Hopefully I can get this worked out...

Dang, just missed the courier guy this morning while I was out doing some christmas shopping. Cheeky buggers at UPS dinged me $50 bucks for brokerage fees for shipping the memory, however. :(

loafer87gt said:
Dang, just missed the courier guy this morning while I was out doing some christmas shopping. Cheeky buggers at UPS dinged me $50 bucks for brokerage fees for shipping the memory, however. :(

Yes, never EVER ship UPS for a cross border shipment. I bought my Powermac G5 from Apple, asked to be delivered by DHL to avoid this.

Well, UPS got the package and I recieved a 66$ brokerage charge. Got 2gb free Ram out of apple for it though.

buffbiff21 said:
Well, everything went smoothly until i actually received my new RAM.

Corsair sent me back the exact same stuff, PC6400C4D v 2.1.

I looked at the pack of RAM and said WTF??

I sent an email to Marisol I believe. Hopefully I can get this worked out...

Biff, I apologize. I probably did that myself. I don't normally do any shipping/receiving or package work, my main job is in applications and new product development and testing. So when I was deluged with dozens of memory modules this week, I might have accidentally put a set of 6400s in the out box instead of the in box. My mistake, we'll take care of it.

Got my new 8500's a while ago (thanks George!)

I was troubleshooting what I thought was a motherboard issue and ended up doing a memtest. I guess I should have done that right when I received my shiny new modules.

The memtest turned up an error in one spot. By swapping the modules/slots, I isolated it to one of the modules. I pulled the bad one and am now running on 1 GB. Here we go again :(

At least I know I'm going to get good support from Corsair.

Mark

WOOT! Just talked to Marisol at Corsair and she called UPS and cleared things up with the brokerage charges. The courier is going to be dropping them off sometime this afternoon.

The only thing I noticed while assembling everything together on my new Bad Axe 2 / QX6700 / 8800GTX board is that I won't be able to use the Dominator fan with my D8500 modules when they arrive. The layout of this board is such that the ram rentension clips rest right against the top of the video card PCB, and there is no way in heck I am going to be able to fit the fan mounting bracket with things set up the way they are. Still can't wait to get the ram installed, even with 512 megs of cas 5 no name mem the thing flies. :)

You may want to check again re the fan just to be sure. When I first looked, I thought for sure that the fan clips were going to contact the video card. Once I pulled the card and actually installed the fan, however, it fit with sufficient clearance from the board. It would have been impossible to install with the video card in place. (My MB = Asus P5N-32-E SLI)

Ex

Redbeard said:
Biff, I apologize. I probably did that myself. I don't normally do any shipping/receiving or package work, my main job is in applications and new product development and testing. So when I was deluged with dozens of memory modules this week, I might have accidentally put a set of 6400s in the out box instead of the in box. My mistake, we'll take care of it.

OK....
I think I sent Marisol an email...I tried to not sound pissed off lol
its just that I have to borrow a gig of 667 ram from a friend...

EDIT: Would it be possible to cross ship??

UPDATE

Due to the incredible demand for the Micron-based part, we are out of stock.

Unfortunately, due to the extraordinary demand for these parts, we are currently on backorder, meaning that we do not physically have the TWIN2X2048-8500C5D or any other Micron-based part in stock and will not until mid-to-late January, 2007.

That does not mean I won't be fulfilling orders, though. This program will continue until December 31st.

So here's the new rules:

1) If you haven't taken part in the program at all yet, please email me a copy of your receipt before December 31st, 2006, and if the receipt is dated before 11/29/06, you will be added to a pre-approved list.

2) If you've decided to take advantage of the program and have already emailed me but not sent in your memory, hold onto your memory until January 22nd, and email me again after that.

3) If you've already mailed me your parts, I will take from my very limited inventory in the order I receive modules. Hopefully this will be enough to cover those that have already sent in their memory. If I receive your memory and have no memory to send you, I will contact you directly to work something out.

Again, the program is on hiatus until mid-to-late January, 2007, and if you wish to take part in it at that time, please email me on or after January 22nd, 2007.

In order to be pre-approved for this program, I must receive your e-mail before December 31st, 2006, and your receipt must be dated before 11/29/06.

You do not have to physically send in the modules until we have parts in stock.

But I will need the email and receipt before December 31st.

Please send the receipt in JPG screenshot form, as our internal spam filter has been somewhat overzealous with attachments.

Thanks again.

I had to laugh at this.

After being sent the wrong modules, Corsair then promptly shipped the correct ones.

now, UPS decided to tickle my funny bone...

bs.jpg

Looks like Im stuck with 1 gb or ram for another day.
hahahahahaa man im not lucky these days.

CerPrime said:
My 6400C4D modules are on their way, shipped them out this evening (yay for Fedex accepting packages late in the evening for 2 day air). I included a copy of the invoice in the package. They should deliver Thursday morning. Thanks again for all your help Redbeard!

As many have said before me - Thank you for your awesome customer service!

Matt V.

Got the modules last week and my machine purrs like a kitten now. The 8500C5D's absolutely rock. Thanks again Redbeard for all your help!! :cool:

Matt

hopefullt i'm not too late, i just sent the email, can you let me know when you get it, my email address and name on here are the same so it shouldnt be too hard to tell its me lol...

Is the Corsair office out on vacation this week?

I send my memory in via FedEx and showed they recieved it on Friday 12/22/6. Now I know its the holidays and all but its now the 27th and I have not heard ANYTHING from them, even reguarding just recieving the memory. I fired off an email yesterday but have not heard anything back yet.

So, whats up?

Lazaredz said:
Is the Corsair office out on vacation this week?

I send my memory in via FedEx and showed they recieved it on Friday 12/22/6. Now I know its the holidays and all but its now the 27th and I have not heard ANYTHING from them, even reguarding just recieving the memory. I fired off an email yesterday but have not heard anything back yet.

So, whats up?

Hold your horses man! We had a long weekend because of Christmas, some of us got back to work yesterday (the day after Christmas) and some of us got back to work today (the 27th).

I know it seems like 5 days, and I understand your frustration, but we are here and working this week, we've just got a lot of stuff to go through. You should get an email from Customer Service either today or tomorrow. I've got your new modules in my hand RIGHT NOW. Well, not right now, because I'm typing, but I will soon. They'll be on their way to Arizona soon.

Hey hey, wasn't meant as a complaint, just a question if you all were in or not this week, thats all.

Got an email from Marisol and will be calling in the AM with my info.

Thx for the fast reply though. :)

spy2520 said:
can i get a confirmation to make sure my email was recieved?

I didn't get any email from "spy2520"

If you'd like you can PM me your name and email address and I'll look for your email that way.

Just wanted to give an update and thanks for Corsair. I got my 8500C5Ds just moments ago from UPS.

Corsair has gone above and beyond the call of duty here. I had THOUGHT of going with some other companies with my recent build (G-Skill and OCZ come to mind) but stayed with Corsair as they had never let me down before. With this unheard of response to community concerns, they now have me (and my friends and family) for life.

Kudos!

George,

Just wanted to check with you to see if my C6400D modules had arrived yet. I sent through an email to you and Marisol about a week ago checking in but haven't heard anything back as of yet. As it has been more than 40 days since I shipped the modules out, I called CanadaPost and gave them my reciept information and they said they were going to try and do a parcel inquiry to see where its at. Unfortunately, the method I used to ship the two mem kits was Small Packet Air Express and I did not get a tracking number so this could take them a while. Please let me know if the package has arrived as I have not been getting much sleep lately worrying about my $750 worth of ram that seems to have gotten lost somewhere in the system :(

On the plus side, the Dominator 8500 you folks had cross shipped is working great on my machine.

Jason Lowe

Back