Corsair 620w or Thermaltake 700w?

rusty12

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, I'm planning on putting together a system consisting of a C2D6600 (might OC at later time), (1) 320gig harddisk (may expand in future with another drive) , (2) DVD drives, and a 8800gts (may OC) , also I'll probably get a X-Fi

I want a modular power supply and I'm thinking of either the Corsair 620w or a Thermaltake 700w Toughpower. I really like the Corsair psu, I just wish it had more power.

Any suggestions?

The Corsair 620 will run a dual-GTS SLI setup without issue, so you should have no problems with it. Thermaltake, aside from the Toughpower 850 and 1200, is really not a great choice right now.

thermaltake 700w is a great unit. it's not only the 850 and 1200 that is good. The 700 is made by the same company as the 850 and 1200.

On the topic of the HX620
I plan on building a pc this summer, and I was wondering what kind of powersupply id be using.
My pc will be soemthing along the lines of
Core 2 initialy and then alter a quad core
1 optic drive
4 HDDs (2 raptors and a pair of large drives for media)
a add in soundcard
8800GTX in SLI

Is it feasible to run all that on a 620W? or should I perhaps look for something with around 850W?

On the topic of the HX620
I plan on building a pc this summer, and I was wondering what kind of powersupply id be using.
My pc will be soemthing along the lines of
Core 2 initialy and then alter a quad core
1 optic drive
4 HDDs (2 raptors and a pair of large drives for media)
a add in soundcard
8800GTX in SLI

Is it feasible to run all that on a 620W? or should I perhaps look for something with around 850W?

I have a similar system running at home on an HX620, you should be fine.

My PC (in sig) has virtually the same components as yours, including the 2 DVD drives. I've got the 8800 GTX and everything runs smoothly with the Corsair 620W.

Hrmmm, well I ordered the Corsair 620 too since ya'll say it should be fine for a single 8800 GTX system. I get paranoid and sometimes would rather play it safe and go for a 700 watt, but I keep reading good things about the Corsair. I was considering the 700w TT and one of the Enermax Infinities too.

thermaltake 700w is a great unit. it's not only the 850 and 1200 that is good. The 700 is made by the same company as the 850 and 1200.

How good are the Toughpower units exactly? I just ordered the 850W, but i don't know if i should have got something like a Silverstone DA850 instead.

Between the two, assuming the Thermaltake doesn't actually cost more (doubt it), I would say the Thermaltake.

Back