Corsair 620HX and a Quad PII, and x-fire 4870's

Vengance_01

Supreme [H]ardness
Can the 620HX handle an overclocked PII [email protected], 2 4870 512MB cards, 3-4 HDs, 1 SSD? I am thinking it can, but that might be pushing it. Just getting some opinion.

Shouldn't be a problem.

This is a great tool for calculating PSU requirements: Click

Its not 100% accurate, but it gives you a good idea where you're at.

I'm sorry, a Pentium II?

I'm very confused.

EDIT - Phenom II, I'm an idiot. Never mind.

Last edited:
that Pentium II thing got me thinking back to the whole cartidge and glory days of the celeron 300a

Amen to that! 300 to 450Mhz with one BIOS change. I love the transitional chips that get down rated bus speeds for marketing reasons.

Same thing with my Q6600. Factory rated at 1066Mhz FSB for market segmentation. Change one setting in BIOS to 1333MHZ FSB and you have a 3Ghz monster instead of a 2.4Ghz medium CPU. No voltage changes, or further tweaking necessary!

I'm sorry, a Pentium II?

I'm very confused.

EDIT - Phenom II, I'm an idiot. Never mind.

I saw this thread and thought he meant a quad Pentium 2. I was like, why the hell would he have CrossFire 4870s with a freaking Pentium 2. LOL.

Amen to that! 300 to 450Mhz with one BIOS change. I love the transitional chips that get down rated bus speeds for marketing reasons.

Same thing with my Q6600. Factory rated at 1066Mhz FSB for market segmentation. Change one setting in BIOS to 1333MHZ FSB and you have a 3Ghz monster instead of a 2.4Ghz medium CPU. No voltage changes, or further tweaking necessary!
Yeah, I have fond memories of my Celeron 566MHz from back in the day. Went into my bios and bumped the fsb from 66MHz to 100MHz. Bing! I now had a 850MHz CPU. A 50% overclock w/o touching any other setting. BY FAR the easiest overclock of my life!!!

That kind of ruined me, though. Every chip I've had since then, including my q6600, can't compare to that little sucker as far as ease of overclocking is concerned. :)

Back