Corsair 600TM: Turning white LED into blue?

Geolith

Limp Gawd
I'm seriously considering buying this case, but I don't like white LED and this is why I'm hesitating. Is it possible to replace the white LED with blue on this case? I am no modding expert, but I could do some less complicated stuff. If it is possible, please give me some insight on basic materials I'm gonna need.

The top 200mm fan is easy enough to remove, so that could be replaced with another fan if you like. I thought I'd read the front one was more of a bitch.

The top 200mm fan is easy enough to remove, so that could be replaced with another fan if you like. I thought I'd read the front one was more of a bitch.

Yes, the front one seems to be non-standard, and there are no factory blue LED replacements for it, only the white ones.

Is there any way to change the diodes themselves?

Thing is, I don't really mind white LEDs separately, but everything on my desk has blue LEDs, be that monitor or sound system CP. Heck, even my Spyder4 pulses blue light when measuring ambient light. So white LED doesn't really match here. This is the only reason which prevents me from buying this otherwise perfect (for me, at least) case.

How about swapping the top 200mm for the Spectre Pro series fan from Bit-Fenix? Might also try seeing if someone will trade their non-led 200mm for your white led 200mm.

I'd be surprised if the front fan is different than the top one, in terms of build. I know switching out is possible, I was just looking at a picture of someone's case and I noticed their front fan had a Cooler Master sticker on it.

I just put my 600T/H100 together today. The white light on the front isn't that overpowering, I can live with it. Unfortunately, I was hoping to get some blue light from the top by switching to some Gelid fans with LEDs in them, but the radiator is too dense. At least it'll put some blue light up on my ceiling. :) I did replace the rear fan with a LED fan too, so that's my main source at the moment.

I'd be surprised if the front fan is different than the top one, in terms of build. I know switching out is possible, I was just looking at a picture of someone's case and I noticed their front fan had a Cooler Master sticker on it.

From what I've read, the front fan seems to be indeed different in terms of build. People seem to have trouble in placing different 200mm fans in its place. They simply don't fit for some reason.

How about swapping the top 200mm for the Spectre Pro series fan from Bit-Fenix?

Apparently, those fans should fit the front frame, too. At least there are some reports of this on the web. That would be great, because they look really sexy!

I think this is it, the answer!

http://www.amazon.de/BitFenix-Spect...1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335523581&sr=8-3-fkmr0

And I could (hopefully) attach this beauty to the mesh:

http://www.amazon.de/BitFenix-Spect...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1335523927&sr=1-1

I don't need LED on the mesh, just a nice big silent fan. So, I guess I should order the case + two 200mm blue LED and one 230mm black no LED Spectre Pros.

But will I be able to attach a 230 mm fan to the 600TM's mesh? From photos it looks like it's intended for 4 small fans.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back