Corsair 600T vs Corsair 650D vs Coolermaster CM690 II

andrew911tt

Limp Gawd
I am looking for a case for my new build and I have worked with 2 Coolermaster CM690s recently and really liked them but i have been hearing a lot about the Corsair 600T and 650D.

My question is are the Corsair cases really worth the extra $70 or $120?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe wait for stores to have them in stock so you can check them out in person. I love the minimal design and cable management of corsair cases. Their customer server is also excellent. Whether that is worth the extra $$ is totally up to you. I've recently built a rig with the corsair 800D case (first corsair case i've owned) and boy is it nice. I've pretty much had only Antec cases (900, p180, etc) so the corsair was a big improvement.

I like my 600T. The build quality is great and there is plenty of room for a rat's nest of cables and full sized/length cards. On the down side air flow isn't the best, but decent. And the fan controller leaves much to be desired. But I use my fan controller and plan on modding the side panel with an intake large enough for 2 120mm fans. Otherwise a GREAT case, but not for everyone.

To be honest it depends a lot on your usage. I know I work for Corsair and I love our products, but those two cases are fairly high-end, from a size and feature set standpoint.

I've used the 690 II Advanced - it's a really great case for the price. I don't think it currently compares with the 600T and 650D, but then again, it costs a lot less.

My thoughts are that if you're looking at expanding to a large number of graphics cards, adding really long GPUs, going to watercool, or just want a lot more room for cable routing and easy access to the case, then the 600T or 650D are better solutions. But if the extra $70 or whatever is a bit much, I could totally understand sticking with the 690 II. It's a really good case for the price.

Thank you for the opinions and I think Tekneek is right i should try and find it in stores and give them a good look.

I'd recommend a Corsair case for the customer service alone. Ain't no one better than Redbeard!

600t ugly looking, ugly latches
650d ugly latches
690 plain looking, no latches, simple to use and cheap

690 is a very well made case, I already built two computers with that case and I'm really liking the build quality. I feel it is underpriced a bit.

corsair I feel is a bit overpriced (650) but it is very nice and very moddable.

I have an 800D and recently had the pleasure to work on a 600T for a friend. Out of all the cases I have owned, or worked on, I feel that when working inside of a Corsair they paid extra special attention to details in regards to spacing for large GPU's and heatsinks/radiators, as well as spacing and routing for cable management. The way the panels pop in and out are also a God-send, making access to the inside so much more convenient. Although they are not light by any means (especially the higher end Obsidian series), they feel very solid while also having a very simple and elegant appearance.

As mentioned, the biggest differentiator is the amazing customer support from Corsair. Like any company, they are certainly in the market to make money. However, they are quite in-tune with the ever-changing market as well as customer feedback by offering upgrades and add-ons to their cases, that can be readily purchased directly through their site. Just as how USB 3.0 and SATA 3 are starting to stake their hold, Corsair have offered upgrades to these new standards for those that were stuck with the original USB 2.0 and SATA 2 ports. Very few companies can claim to do this as they would rather you just buy an entirely new case for these features.

Most importantly, if you're not happy with something, Corsair will actually listen and work with you. You're not talking to some faceless entity that is lost in a big company. These people have reputations across many forums, including their own as well, and have turned many around from a terrible situation to a memorable positive experience. I have dealt with them on a number of occasions and the company as a whole has always proven to be very responsive and receptive of my situation.

While $70-$120 is certainly a large price difference to swallow, you should take comfort to know that you are also buying a good peace of mind. ;)

I agree I love my 600T, i think it was really worth the price. I agree with everyone else that Corsairs cs is very good. It is huge and is very clean looking. The fan controler does suck its pretty pointless honestly. I leave mine on high. It is very easy to work in and was a easy build plus the cable part was soo clean looking. I will only buy corsair products from now on because there just sooo good. Plus they are a company that works with you like redbeard they are selling the other fans now cuz the stock ones wernt that great and i asked about it. Instead of like ultra who wont let you get new sockets they wanted me to spend another 75 on a new cpu cooler. Corsair just offers upgrades for people who already bought the case or any of there products. Some of its free to like that issue with the 650D fan thing. Most companys say tuff shit buy a new product.

Back