Corsair 600T Custom Water Cooling Build

Light1984

Gawd
Hello All,

Been on the forums for quite some time and have built numerous computers over the years, but nothing beyond plug and play. I fell in love with the Corsair 600T white case, but also wanted to go with water cooling for my next build. This left me with no choice but to attempt my first case mods. Below is a list of parts on order/ordered and pictures of the build so far. Please don't hesitate to leave me any feedback or suggestions. Enjoy!

PURCHASED
Corsair 600T Special Edition White
XSPC EX360 Copper Triple-Fan Radiator
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120 mm by Nidec Servo Corp. - High Speed - Sleeved D1225C12B4AP-14 x3
Swiftech MCP655™ Series 12 VDC Water Pumps - With Speed Control
EK-D5 X-TOP Version 2
EK-Waterblocks EK-BAY SPIN Reservoir - Acetal
Distilled Water + Silver coil
XSPC Raystorm CPU/APU Copper Waterblock - Intel
Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM
Kingston HyperX SH100S3/120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III
LITE-ON Black BD-RE IHBS112-04 - OEM
SeaSonic X-SERIES X-1050 1050W Full Modular Active PFC Power
EK-FC680 GTX for nVidia Reference Design GeForce GTX 680 & 670
Shin-Etsu X23-7783D Thermal Compound (1 gram)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680

Parts so far
IMAG0191.jpg

Case Disassembled and taped up for dremeling!
IMAG0192.jpg

Dremeling Done
IMAG0200.jpg

More Dremeling
IMAG0201.jpg

Last edited:
So I got the last bit of dremeling done on the plastic top. The radiator is a tight fit, but it does seat correctly and will work like a charm. The only problem is that the radiator sits too high at the rear of the case (see pictures). I knew this, however, going into the build from measurements I took and from ones on the internet. The only other radiator that I have seen work is a Magicool slim 360. The XSPC EX360 is a better performing radiator (from the research I gathered), so it is a worthwhile sacrifice. What I haven't sorted out is how to best protect the top of the radiator.

Option 1: Cut out the metal mesh so that the radiator sticks through and add shrouds.
Option 2: Try to rework the shape of the mesh cover so that it fits over the radiator.
Option 3: Leave it as is and just buy some shrouds to screw on.

Let me know what you guys/gals think.

EK Reservoir mocked up
IMAG0289.jpg

Top View
IMAG0290.jpg

Front Clearance
IMAG0298.jpg

Protrusion...
IMAG0301.jpg

Mesh
IMAG0302.jpg

Another Top Shot
IMAG0303.jpg

Took the "Thermal Armor" off my Asus Sabertooth motherboard for a little change of color....

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

Oh man... I've liked everything so far, but the painted thermal armor. That doesn't look good. I think its the contrast to the tan slots and heatsink. Just does not mesh well.

I was more interested in how the top was coming. The stealth rad under the mesh should look awesome.

Thanks for the input. I agree that the "army" colors don't work well with the white, but I may do something with those too ;) The idea on the thermal armor is that the white will breakup all the black on the inside of the case. Another problem is the memory; it has red heat spreaders. My end goal is all black and white and I am leaning towards UV purple dye in the water (have clear tubing). I'm not totally sure on that though, could go UV blue as well. I basically want the only color to be the tubing/coolant so as to accentuate the fact that the computer is water cooled being that it is my first venture into liquid cooling.

If you dye the slots black and paint the chipset cooler, I think it would look far better.

I also personally would go with that dragon white coolant for this build. If you're looking stick with monochrome that is.

Another idea if you're going with UV lights, you could paint things with UV reactive ink on the thermal armor. Like a logo or something that will glow over the white. That would look pretty sick.

If you dye the slots black and paint the chipset cooler, I think it would look far better.

I also personally would go with that dragon white coolant for this build. If you're looking stick with monochrome that is.

Another idea if you're going with UV lights, you could paint things with UV reactive ink on the thermal armor. Like a logo or something that will glow over the white. That would look pretty sick.

Hmmm. There is a recessed portion that says thermal armor, that might be kinda cool in UV. Good ideas, thanks for the thoughts.

I have made some progress. The radiator is an extremely tight fit, but not so much that it stresses anything. I decided to just cut out the top mesh instead of trying to reshape it. I think it would have ruined the mesh and would have impeded air flow, even if only a little. I got the Shin Etsu spread (finally after let it warm up in hot water) and the XSPC Raystorm installed. As for the radiator fittings, looks like it is going to be a tight fit for the back port on the radiator to get by the Thermal Armor on the motherboard. I may end up having to use an assortment of angled fittings. Anyways, enjoy some pictures.

IMAG0325.jpg

IMAG0326.jpg

IMAG0324.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say that I was less than impressed with the EK waterblock for the 680 GTX. I'm not sure if I got a defective one or if that is the way they all are, but the machine work was pretty bad. There was literally ridges on the memory and VRM plates and, although not as bad, there were also ridges on the GPU core plate. I sent an email to Performance-PCs and the addressed the problem for me. I just wanted to let anyone know that was considering EK to maybe look elsewhere, and without question, I fully recommend Performance-PCs. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with. I'll be buying any parts in the future from them.

Josh

Might have just been yours...

I had an EK Full Cover Waterblock for the following Video Cards, and none had the ridges that you are mentioning.

GTX 8800 Ultra
EVGA 580
MSI 680
ASUS 680
AMD 7970

They were all perfectly smooth with very minimal machine marks. The machine marks were not "feelable" with my fingernail either.

I concur with your comments about Performance-PCS.com They have supplied my parts for 3 builds in May alone and have always been a pleasure to deal with.

Here is a picture of what I'm talking about. I'm just glad Performance-PCs took care of me. With all the quality control issues from EK lately, I switched to a Heat Killer unit instead of a replacement EK.

Untitled.jpg

EK apparently has been shitty lately. Crap Plating, crap milling, and crap construction. Get Heatkiller. You'll be far more satisfied.

So I have quite an update. My new power supply arrived, so I was able to move forward with the build. The Heatkiller Water block was infinitely better than the EK block and I am quite pleased with the out come of the build. However, I am a little concerned about the load on the graphics card PCB due to the weight of the water block and back plate (see picture). Idle on the CPU is 30c and the 680 is 28c according to Precision X. Ambient is 25c. Not bad for my first water cooling build. I will post load temps later after I play me some BF3!!

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

IMAG0351.jpg

That's nice looking for sure. I think you should maybe paint the ram black to contrast the white a little the red stands out. Other than that it looks really good.

Btw Nice speakers :D

Yea, good call on the RAM. I am definitely doing that for sure. I just wanted to make sure they work before I modified them. I bought some semi gloss black engine block paint that is safe for high temps. Same thing with the power supply. I don't have any good pictures of it, but I painted the Heatkiller back plate that was silver with the black engine block plate. I will try to procure a decent camera to get some better pics than the cell phone ones. Thanks for the compliments. Oh, and those speakers sound amazing, haha. I've had them for years.

Then how does he get it to react to his uv light? That is if he is using uv lights.

I can't seem to find any UV white tubing made by xspc.

when frozencpu sold the XSPC Raystorm kits with the RX360 & D5 Pump + 5.25" Bay Res a little over a year ago, you could choose XSPC White UV tubing

i just checked frozencpu and it's no longer called "UV", it's just called white

the "High FLX" or whatever premium tubing has "UV Properties" if you click the features tab

most (if not all) white tubing is UV reactive

Looks good, I've been trying to work up my nerve to cut the front like you did for the fan and the top enough to fit my H100 with push pull fans. Nicely done...now maybe I'll go cut up my 600T also :p

Back