Corsair 500R Mid-Tower Case

just migrated my setup from my old p180 to this. Geejus, this thing is quiet. Didn't wan't to take any pictures yet since my shit is not didy at all. Was in a rush for they case swap out so i'll post pics shortly after i re-arrange everything.

Nice, getting my all black with a H100 today! The pic of the custom white inside job is very nice indeed! You didn't actually paint the fans white right?

All I need is to transfer over my ssd & video card. Unfortunately wont be for another week or so :(.

Progress.
6519578199_6e1bbf48f7.jpg

Looking good man! :D

I wonder if theres room for a 240mm rad up front and wonder if a EATX mobo will fit.

Very nice. Did you make the window yourself? or is that a window?

That is where the factory mesh was in the side panel. It will become a window though as soon as I get a piece of plexi cut and round the corners on it.

That is where the factory mesh was in the side panel. It will become a window though as soon as I get a piece of plexi cut and round the corners on it.

I got a piece of Duraplex 18x24 .080 today at Lowes. I'm fairly handy, but I have never worked with Plexi before. Any tips? I'll post mine up when it's done!

Mike

Whats the size of the hole?

I also notice on this case, Where the grommets are for tubing, That the holes are very close to the side panel like in this pic:

back_575px.jpg

Unlike on the 600T:

Corsair-Graphite-600T-Rear.jpg
RearB.jpg

Corsair-Graphite-600T-Rear.jpg

Got the plexi cut and rounded, now I need to decide how to attach it and how to hide the white tabs.

plexi.jpg

That is exactly how I plan to do my window. I am going to paint a 1/4" boarder around the window so that you can't see the metal tabs.

Someone told me that since the mobo tray is somewhat recessed, that the sata cables maybe hard to install.

That is exactly how I plan to do my window. I am going to paint a 1/4" boarder around the window so that you can't see the metal tabs.

I think that is what I am going to do... now to pick... white or black? Also I may be selling the case, so I will see first...

I got them on ebay. I wanted to give Valve my money! I waited a month for the stupid Valve Store to have the 8' in stock, no dice.
Their shipping prices are still outrageous. These were 12' which is perfect for the inner bulge of the case (13') and half cheaper. win.

Got my 500R aswell. Although when it first came in by UPS the side panel was damaged. Got a new one from Corsair. And didnt notice til later on that it also had a dent in it.

401038_2806065799823_1504012164_32694461_1771369108_n.jpg

376015_2806066199833_1504012164_32694464_1916715033_n.jpg

Got my 500R aswell. Although when it first came in by UPS the side panel was damaged. Got a new one from Corsair. And didnt notice til later on that it also had a dent in it.

401038_2806065799823_1504012164_32694461_1771369108_n.jpg

376015_2806066199833_1504012164_32694464_1916715033_n.jpg

Is there enough room for a push-pull config on the H100?

doubtful, if you cant do push/pull in a 600t, i would assume you couldnt in this 1 as well.

Well, depends on if you want to leave the top cover on or off, I'm sure its possible as there is enough room to run the lines inside of the case, and with the H100 there are 4 x 3pin inputs on the main.

Is there enough room for a push-pull config on the H100?

not as far as putting the fans up top under the cover. like stated above you'd have to leave the top peice off. Not sure if they make some type of low profile fan, and maybe mount everything under inside the case, but i'd assume that would be difficult to as far as chipset hinksinks and other random mobo configs.

not as far as putting the fans up top under the cover. like stated above you'd have to leave the top peice off. Not sure if they make some type of low profile fan, and maybe mount everything under inside the case, but i'd assume that would be difficult to as far as chipset hinksinks and other random mobo configs.

slim size fans would work, but they arent that good of fans.

Got the plexi cut and rounded, now I need to decide how to attach it and how to hide the white tabs.

plexi.jpg

Probably could have cut the tabs out of the way completely and should have made the plexi larger to stick in from the backside. Ive seen it done with double sided 3m tape. Either way.. I am glad to see someone doing a window mod on this case.

Here's my setup in the 500R. I'm going to get some Scythe slim fans to put inside for pull.

I enjoyed building with this case, very well put together.
My setup is in the W/Cing forum but here are a few pics...

6705983461_3f5d4c14be_z.jpg

6705977397_330a954560_z.jpg

6705971351_5593008b4b_z.jpg

6705975263_e23e0e11a1_z.jpg

Were you able to mount the rad to the front fans and align properly with the front fans?

Corsair told me you couldnt mount a rad on the front.

I had to file the holes to line up properly but it fits no problem at all. I also dremeled the plastic off the inside of the front bezel and used 20mm fans. It fits flush without a problem.

Last edited:
Probably could have cut the tabs out of the way completely and should have made the plexi larger to stick in from the backside. Ive seen it done with double sided 3m tape. Either way.. I am glad to see someone doing a window mod on this case.

I had thought about that. I'll post up the finished project which turned out the way I wanted. The reason I didn't go behind was three fold:

1.) To cut the tabs out perfectly would be near impossible, you would see some sort of defect.

2.) The plexi behind looks like it was done as an afterthough, the surface of the side and the plexi are at two different elevations, which looks weird.

3.) Again, once you open up the side and look at the back it will look like the plexi was an afterthough. I did not do mine in black like the above post (which looks really nice by the way) I did mine in white. It flows seamlessely and looks like it was designed that way.

Pics up in a few days. :D

At full price maybe, but most of the time the 500R can be had for around $120. Thankfully aesthetic quality is in the eye of the individual. Otherwise we would all have the same case :)

My only issue with the 500R is the HD LED is so damn bright. It lights up my room at night. I've never had a case LED that has been so bright. I'm going to have to disconnect it. Otherwise it has been great.

Back