Corsair 500R Mid-Tower Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at Overclockers Club put the Corsair 500R mid-tower case to the test in their latest review. Overall the review is very positive with the case earning a gold editor's choice award.

This case surprised me a little bit. Cooling-wise it was decent all around. The fan on the side really kept temperatures down on both the chipset and GPU while under load. It competed fairly with the other cases, being only a degree or two above the lowest of lows. Its overall performance is rather impressive, well worth the few hassles of getting your hardware mounted.

$120 from Amazon... really tempting. I like that the case isn't just another black case, oh, and doesn't look like ass.

I really wish I could put that on the box.

"Corsair Carbide Series 500R"

"Doesn't look like ass. - somecallmeTim"

I got this case last week when I updated to a completely new system. I am really loving it as it has great design and use of space inside.

I ordered this case last week for 109.99 on a weekly special (missed the 89.99 sale price the week before) and there was an ad banner stating free shipping on corsair cases for the month.

Putting a new build into , I cant wait to get at it.

Only thing I will prob do is add/change the 120/140 mm fans and maybe add a fan controller.

This will be my future case, rightly so since I haven't updated my case in 6 years, still using 80mm fans, but that money has to be used for more important things. bummer...

Can't talk about anything until we announce it, regardless of if it's happening or not.

So right now my answer for "Are you making a side mesh filter for the 500R?" and "Is Corsair making a fleet of aircraft-carrier sized supersubmarines built to house humanity once global warming reaches critical mass?" is the same - we can't comment on unannounced products.

broke down and bought the black for $89 at newegg

I don't mind all black...my case has been through 3 upgrade cycles.. and is.... beige (gasp!)

I ordered a black one yesterday. Can't wait to move my hardware over to it and install my XSPC RS240 water cooling kit.

I love that Corsair cuts a space out of the top fan holes for the radiator hosing to come through.

13.jpg

Ordered the white one from the egg last night for my other box. I think it's finally time to put the old Li Li P62 out to pasture.

I ordered this case from Newegg this morning. $110 - $30 MIR with free shipping. It's a fantastic deal and it's still on: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010

I can't wait to put my H100 ($90 - $15 MIR) in it. I researched fan placement for about an hour, today, trying to determine the best push-pull config for this combination. I'll probably make a post about it after everything arrives.

I ordered this case from Newegg this morning. $110 - $30 MIR with free shipping. It's a fantastic deal and it's still on: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010

I can't wait to put my H100 ($90 - $15 MIR) in it. I researched fan placement for about an hour, today, trying to determine the best push-pull config for this combination. I'll probably make a post about it after everything arrives.

I ordered mine this morning as well, looking forward to it! :D

White looks so damn seksy. Can't wait til mine comes in, but I'm gonna be stuck on finals cram mode Fack!!!!!!

I just received it and it really is quite a sharp looking case in white. I'm anticipating a H100 down the line.

Ugg - I ordered the Cooler Master 692 Advanced and then saw this case, now I'm torn!

White looks so damn seksy. Can't wait til mine comes in, but I'm gonna be stuck on finals cram mode Fack!!!!!!

I have the same limitation. So, I ordered everything but the processor. I'm only buying the CPU after finals. :)

I hopped on the white case bandwagon as well, I got a great deal on this case during the TG weekend of sales for 80 bucks along with the H100. My parts are filtering in and I should be able to take some pictures in the coming week. Like everyone else, I think these 500R pictures will be hot after finals, lol.

500R White, H100, P8Z68Gen3, 2600K, Vengence LP black, AX850
Pretty much corsair everything.

Should be finished next weekend :/ need more time for this thing :(

6489453035_8bb20a6751.jpg

6489453573_0d2ce23632.jpg

6489453287_2d7efe6cce.jpg

Looks good, that is almost the exact same build I am going for. I love that MB.

What cooling system did you use on your memory?

I'm using the Corsair airflow, its 2x60mm fans.

I bought it just to buy it :/ I had a corsair gift card from a previous purchase. Probably wont even need it.
It towers over the vengeance LP ram, there is about an inch clearance between ram & the bottom of the airflow unit, I might make my own brackets during Christmas.

6497167073_177c3c609c.jpg

Figured I would post a few pics of my build in the 500R so far.
Insides painted white.
IMG_3826.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

Stock finish before
IMG_3836.JPG

Stock finish after
IMG_3835.JPG

Stock finish before
IMG_3837.JPG

Stock finish after
IMG_3841.JPG

IMG_3845.JPG

I built the white one for a buddy. Great cooling although I hate there is no window option to show off the insides. I have yet to see anyone do a custom window that looks good.

Oh damn, the inside of the all black one is white? But the inside of the black/white one is black? :confused:

All I need is to transfer over my ssd & video card. Unfortunately wont be for another week or so :(.

Progress.
6519578199_6e1bbf48f7.jpg

Back